Nike Air Jordan 1 "Chicago" - May 30, 2015. (LEGIT CHECK IN 1st POST)

How many pairs will you be copping?

• "1" is all I need.

Votes: 3 17.6%
  • 2. One to rock, One to stock.

Votes: 8 47.1%
  • 3+. I need to hoard for no valid reason.

Votes: 5 29.4%
  • 0. No OG Box? PASS.

Votes: 1 5.9%

• Total voters
fake 50K...theres tons of them
stand corrected on that point. But in the case of all recent og 1 hi's which pair out of any of them weren't relatively limited for grs in relation to other retros? Im pretty sure they all were. 

i was gonna hate on that korean pop video

but they had that Run DMC tribute 
laugh.gif

I still believe that this is a new year and that these will be relatively hard to get because of hype, but they will be just as mass produced as all of the other 2015 GR releases this year.

Your best bet is to treat this release as if they're limited. Regardless if they are or not. For the most part, OG cw's with the NA treatment have been "limited GR's".

No shade but if you think production numbers for these will be comparable to Tech Grey 4's, Columbia 4's, etc., then you're in for a rude awakening.

In my limited experience, any time that I've seen a GR it has been easy to snag online, though they still rarely show up in the city I live in. I've found that anything listed on the SC website as a "limited release" is very difficult/impossible for me to get online and never has a "limited" release made it here. But we are classified as a "rural" location so we get the major shaft on all releases.

This would be my first pair of OG 1s and I am probably well over-hyped on them, but I've been a fan for two decades and just now have the money to try and buy a pair.

besides, if you're a celebrity or actually anybody with money now a days, you don't necessarily have to wait for the RD to cop lol

I'll be visiting Seoul during the summer. I wonder what the sneaker scene is like out there.
everyone and their mamas are in jordans, runners less so. almost every jordan release sells out. check out soled out korea on facebook for release info and buying/selling when you are here. and if u want specific spots, hit me up on PM. 

Last edited:
I'f I somehow don't get these on release day, I wouldn't mind biting the bullet and pay the resellers. 

Wondering if this means Black Toes come back next year...

As for these Chicago's i still stand by the idea of most of us being able to flourish provided we do our due dilligence

Doubt it considering they wouldnt do a much better job of it than they did last time. The UNCs and Chis were a disgrace last time

Between the new mold and potentially ('most likely', based on every other new I so far) softer leather, I'd say a Black Toe re-release would be a substantial enough improvement over the 2013 pair actually.

That's just me though, based on the fact that mold and leather quality are always my top priorities with retro releases.

Last edited:
What does what 99% of JB customers care about have to do with my opinion or your initial statement of them not doing a much better job than last time?

My point was just that simply taking a pair of these new Is and repainting them is a notable improvement over the 2013 pairs. To me, at least.

Only reason I believe the Chicagos are releasing again so soon is because of the NA, not because of the lack of quality materials. black toes already have NA...

Last edited:
Oh yeah, using this release as an indication of another potential Black Toe release is just asking for disappointment :lol:

Although I'm fairly sure that Jordan Brand doesn't give a **** about whether they've already released a pair with Nike Air yet or not.

Next time JB releases any OGs that recently dropped the remastered gimmick will be gone, and they'll have jumpmen.

The cycle just repeats.

Back
Top Bottom