Nike Air Jordan 1 "Chicago" - May 30, 2015. (LEGIT CHECK IN 1st POST)

How many pairs will you be copping?

• "1" is all I need.

Votes: 3 17.6%
  • 2. One to rock, One to stock.

Votes: 8 47.1%
  • 3+. I need to hoard for no valid reason.

Votes: 5 29.4%
  • 0. No OG Box? PASS.

Votes: 1 5.9%

• Total voters
Wait, you mean to say you guys aren't waiting for the royals and black/reds with a cardboard tongue and jumpman heel? We already got the NA versions, i need them in the mutilated form. :lol:

Next time JB releases any OGs that recently dropped the remastered gimmick will be gone, and they'll have jumpmen.

The cycle just repeats.

Sad but true. I've thought all along it was just a gentle campaign to justify an increase in price that they believe they should be collecting rather than resellers. We can only hope that they atleast settle on this mold permanently.

^^^

Y'all both right. JB don't... lemme rephrase, wont give us a great, then turn around and drop a better retro consecutively. Just doesn't happen like that. Royals you can argue, but you had to wait 12 or so years. Y'all wont even be into shoes by then.

^^^

Y'all both right. JB don't... lemme rephrase, wont give us a great, then turn around and drop a better retro consecutively. Just doesn't happen like that. Royals you can argue, but you had to wait 12 or so years. Y'all wont even be into shoes by then.
12 years from now ill still be wearing 1's bro... just like 12 years before now

12 years from now ill still be wearing 1's bro... just like 12 years before now

As will I (and hopefully my kids too), I can only hope that this whole thing dies out and things go back to how they used to be, circa '94-'01.

my daughter had on her little girly blk flats with sparkles saw me slide on my blk/red lows & when it was time to go she had swapped into hers :pimp:
"now were matching daddy"

^^^

This is exactly what they are waiting for actually. They will keep it in their back pocket along with BC3s and White cement 4s until they need to bring back the hype for their brand. Until then, we will get a bunch of crap retro +s. Heck, no one cared for 1's in 2013, they will wait till no one cares for them again.

Last edited:
I could imagine after this year they set the 1s on hold like the did with the 3s this year because every major OG came out with Nike Air Branding already. Then 2017 they can come back with Shadows or Royals or some other CW people will eat up.

weird coincidence u talk bout daughters,i just bought 2-3h ago my daughter her first pair of 1's she 13 

black gum size 13Y

she was 
smokin.gif
 2nite!!! (she wanted to put them right away of course!,like me as a kid
roll.gif
)

Last edited:
we keep saying the shoe thing is going to die....

we going on 4 yrs of this maddness..

now there are more resellers than buyers these days.

gr's arent sitting because they are lame or people are tired... they are sitting because there is no money in them...

say as you will the market for jordan 1, 11, and or anything limited will have many in hear hoping for the old ways and then  heated when some of them strike out. 

as long as there is market and money involved the resellers and beast, will just evolve and focus their attention on releases such as this... 

as long as we have that this head ache will remain the struggle will continue....

we keep saying the shoe thing is going to die....

we going on 4 yrs of this maddness..

now there are more resellers than buyers these days.

gr's arent sitting because they are lame or people are tired... they are sitting because there is no money in them...

say as you will the market for jordan 1, 11, and or anything limited will have many in hear hoping for the old ways and then  heated when some of them strike out. 

as long as there is market and money involved the resellers and beast, will just evolve and focus their attention on releases such as this... 

as long as we have that this head ache will remain the struggle will continue....

I think JB is releasing more pairs than they usually do, to make sure they get their money and to take away from the resellers.

This is exactly what they are waiting for actually. They will keep it in their back pocket along with BC3s and White cement 4s until they need to bring back the hype for their brand. Until then, we will get a bunch of crap retro +s. Heck, no one cared for 1's in 2013, they will wait till no one cares for them again.
THIS! I always am saying that to my friends, JB gives us enough to be happy about but really holding back stuff until they need to grab peoples attention again and scuk them back in.  They aren't dumb, they know they've gotta save some stuff for a rainy day.

I think JB is releasing more pairs than they usually do, to make sure they get their money and to take away from the resellers.
Definitely agree with this also, allocations seem to be up there and local stores that used to get 12 pairs are getting 24-48 in some cases.

Keep seeing a lot of posts of FB pages saying these Chicago's will be out in there in numbers similar to Laser 1's....we can only hope I guess.

Definitely agree with this also, allocations seem to be up there and local stores that used to get 12 pairs are getting 24-48 in some cases.

Keep seeing a lot of posts of FB pages saying these Chicago's will be out in there in numbers similar to Laser 1's....we can only hope I guess.

same units, just less demand with the price hike. Reason why so many 13s were left around Nov when prices went from 170-185 during the Holidays. Once Jan rolled nothing GR has been impossible.

I am liking these..... might have to grab a pair when all the fur flies

Last edited by a moderator:
i was pretty shocked that the wc iv's were sold out instantly (it was the big release after the concords).  ever since then, all the releases sold out with ease.

Back
Top Bottom