Nike Air Jordan 1 "Chicago" - May 30, 2015. (LEGIT CHECK IN 1st POST)

How many pairs will you be copping?

• "1" is all I need.

Votes: 3 17.6%
  • 2. One to rock, One to stock.

Votes: 8 47.1%
  • 3+. I need to hoard for no valid reason.

Votes: 5 29.4%
  • 0. No OG Box? PASS.

Votes: 1 5.9%

• Total voters
If you have a ping of <10ms you're going to jump a lot of others in line with your request (assuming you're on top of it as soon as they go live). Also helps having a faster connection when it comes to checking out. But hey, if you are cooking with DSL, good for you. I just know that I hit 3 pairs on the NDC restock last week while most got none and my hard-wired ethernet connection at work has got me numerous tough tickets from Ticketmaster that were pretty much all grabbed up by bots.
Ping is important in this context but I wasnt talking about that. IM talking about DL/UL speeds, like the user I was quoting was talking about.

What you're missing is that most of these VERY high speed providers (or if you're on a corporate network) have better equipment and your traffic is being routed more directly. I know for sure that I'm not getting any 7ms ping times from my home Comcast connection given how much traffic is running through their network, especially on a weekend.
Im not making any assumptions about ping response and am merely talking about bandwidth. Online shopping requires minimal bandwidth. You can have the same service capped at a lower speed and get the same ping response. 

Last edited:
What you're missing is that most of these VERY high speed providers (or if you're on a corporate network) have better equipment and your traffic is being routed more directly. I know for sure that I'm not getting any 7ms ping times from my home Comcast connection given how much traffic is running through their network, especially on a weekend.
Im not making any assumptions about ping response and am merely talking about bandwidth. Online shopping requires minimal bandwidth. You can have the same service capped at a lower speed and get the same ping response. 
Yeah, but what I'm saying is that higher bandwidth services can and do decrease ping by placing you on a node that has a higher threshold. Let's compare notes after the release tomorrow morning. I'm still hoping I don't have to bother with getting up that early tomorrow morning :rolleyes

My 20mbps DSL has no issues sending and receiving requests. The only issue I deal with on Saturday, is waiting for the NDC/FTL/FA servers to process my request and sending it back to me. My internet has absolutely no influence on that.

The packets you send/receive arent going to be 400MB, lol. THeyre very small.
What's more important? D/L speed or U/L speed? 

HOH Galleria is calling right now htown....homegirl won another 8....no call for me yet...

Wait thr south bay galleria? because that galleria doesn't have a HOH, just a regular FTL. And they told Me they weren't getting it.

The Shiekh himself better email me today. Got 26 entries on there, so definitely my best shot.

Still haven't heard one person say HOH Valley Fair has called them. Have they done calls? Dude said Wed evening or Thursday they'd do calls but certainly haven't seen any NTers post about them. Other than Slime Palace, I'm not sure if any FTL or FA have started making calls in the bay area.
Vf hoh dude told me calls were Friday...

word I won the raffle at Niketown Boston. ill go after the pinnacles on the app 
nthat.gif

Yeah, but what I'm saying is that higher bandwidth services can and do decrease ping by placing you on a node that has a higher threshold. Let's compare notes after the release tomorrow morning. I'm still hoping I don't have to bother with getting up that early tomorrow morning
eyes.gif
If youre assuming theyre different ISPs, sure. But as I mentioned, if two people using the same ISP with different bandwidth levels, it should make no difference (unless youre comparing .5mbps to 50mbps) provided all other things are equal

What's more important? D/L speed or U/L speed? 
Ping response time is more important

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom