Nike Air Jordan 1 Retro "Metallic Blue" - The Aftermath - NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING

I think its safe to say any jordan 1 that hasnt come out since 1985 will have little to no hype. These jsut havent had the exposure the breds, royals, chis, have had. Im sure when everyone gets their pairs and celebs start rocking and people hashtag these theyll kick up on the need list. Also, Adidas, Asics, Reebok etc other brands and certain numbered jordans also take away from 1s. Everyone wants 3s, 4s, 5s, 6s, 7s, 11s, 12s, 13s, the only 1s everyone wants are royals, black/reds, and chis. Also limited collabs get a ton of buzz. I aint mad at the low hype for the OG colorways. We all love the 1s so that makes it so much easier to cop those long lost colorways. One of the reasons I love the og low tops is because of the low hype for em. I could literally walk into the store at almost anytime and get em. Thays how shoe buying should be. Its all cyclical the hypemonsters will become disinterested in shoe collecting and we'll still be here copping the shoes for the love of em.
Some people don't know that the Metallic series were release back then (in 1986). Also those original colorways are hyped because people know them, not because of exposure.

Launch locator looking a little slim. Fortunately all the spots by me are doing raffles. Ironic since they generally are fcfs. Please don't tell me these are limited [emoji]128532[/emoji]

Some people don't know that the Metallic series were release back then (in 1986). Also those original colorways are hyped because people know them, not because of exposure.

Dude what are you talking about? You're always flying like a blind bat thinking you're saying something of total significance all while making absolutely no since at all. You're statement was an 100% oxymoron. Get outta here man.

Exposure and Knowing them fall in the same category bro.
Exposure would count as them releasing to the populace. Knowing them is like having common knowledge of them. A lot of these new "sneakerheads" don't know much about the metallic series than they do the original colorways. The metallic series had exposure in 2008-2009.

Exposure would count as them releasing to the populace. Knowing them is like having common knowledge of them. A lot of these new "sneakerheads" don't know much about the metallic series than they do the original colorways. The metallic series had exposure in 2008-2009.

Well, Im not talking about the metallic series. Im talking about the metallic navy blue 1s that hadnt released since 1985. My use of "exposure" doesnt just mean released to the populace. It also means amount of times released and re-released, the amount of pictures there are of celebs and everyday people wearing the shoes, the story that only accompanies the black/reds of the "banned" game violation. The times Jordan wore the 1s on court( bred, chi, black toe, air ships, 1.5 only) yadda yadda etc etc. All of that falls into the category of exposure and knowing them.

Last edited:
You're 0 for as many swings as you take man. Back to the minors for you.

Well, Im not talking about the metallic series. Im talking about the metallic navy blue 1s that hadnt released since 1985. My use of "exposure" doesnt just mean released to the populace. It also means amount of times released and re-released, the amount of pictures there are of celebs and everyday people wearing the shoes, the story that only accompanies the black/reds of the "banned" game violation. The times Jordan wore the 1s on court( bred, chi, black toe, air ships, 1.5 only) yadda yadda etc etc. All of that falls into the category of exposure and knowing them.
Sort of but not that many ever get what you're saying but some were only release twice at the most and not that many everyday people have them. Celebrities you mean mostly Kanye (I know they're others but you know who comes to mind the most). Black and Red 1s (1985, 1994, 2001, 2009 (Jumpman), 2011, 2013, and 2016), Black and Royal Blue (1985, 2001, and 2013), and White, Gym Red, and Black (1985, 2007, and 2013). The shoe that had the most "exposure" would be the Black and Red 1. 

No chance. Not in the budget. Michael McDonald is coming to town on the 3rd, and "Yah mo be there" in that front row.

Last edited:
Can't do the navy, just too plain a color. Might grab if i find them for $140 or lower

Sort of but not that many ever get what you're saying but some were only release twice at the most and not that many everyday people have them. Celebrities you mean mostly Kanye (I know they're others but you know who comes to mind the most). Black and Red 1s (1985, 1994, 2001, 2009 (Jumpman), 2011, 2013, and 2016), Black and Royal Blue (1985, 2001, and 2013), and White, Gym Red, and Black (1985, 2007, and 2013). The shoe that had the most "exposure" would be the Black and Red 1. 

Not that many eveyday people have em? Hashtag airjordan1 and youll see aton of people have them. Google em and youll see. Youve been repeating what I said each time you reply back, saying it in your airsakuragi language. All Ive said is that its safe to say certain colorways from 85 will not have that much hype because they havent gotten the exposure the same as other pairs i.e. havent been "known" , "seen" or "releasd" as much as the other pairs. Especially with the OG format. I love the low hype surrounding certain 1s right now. When jb releases the other OGs or re-remaster them I'll still be getting them, hype or not. Just for the love of the shoe.

For the "exposure" vs "known" argument:

Exposure - the publicizing of information or an event(straight from the dictionary)
Exposure doesnt mean how many times something was released or sold to the populace. Its information about the shoe and colorway like you said "not that many people know about other colorways of the shoes" thats from lack of exposure.

Known - recognized, familiar, or within the scope of knowledge. Also means publicly known to be.

You saying that the words exposure and known arent similar is preposterous to me. You saying that "not that many ever get what you're saying" is also preposterous especially when the message Ive made in the original post was loud and clear. Saying that not many people ever get what Im saying is an insult to my intelligence.

Last edited:
Better be a smoother process then this mornings 12 release.

Seriously. SNKRS failed me badly today :smh:

I'm putting in raffles and not even banking for online. The launch locator in my area makes these seem like there aren't a high quantity and I'm not taking any chances. Plus the sites will already be crashing from folks trying to cop the xi low

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom