Nike Air Jordan 4 Retro "White/Cement" - The Aftermath - NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING

Fire red 4's dropping next year too not sure if it will have Nike air via thesneakerilluminati on Instagram

Last edited:
When has he been wrong lol
I'm sure he's been wrong before. Dude's delete the tweets they miss on and keep all evidence of when you're right. Won't believe they're releasing the Taxis again before they release the Playoffs, Cherry, or Black/Red colorways.

EDIT: When he said "ALL RED 11 IN DECEMBER. CONFIRMED"

and when he said black cement 4s next year.

Last edited:
During 2012 and the Year of the 4's a lot of the 4's that dropped had just horrible quality so would love to see some more of the classic colorways remastered to have a somewhat decent pair in the collection. Paint chipping and ultra thin leather is complete BS.

Thinking back on it, up until this point the IV's mainly were poor quality. They whiffed big time on Fire red IV's TWICE. People complained about the Mars IV's ( a variation of fire reds) toebox being tight. Then in 2012, the fire red's sat. I opened numerous boxes and they were terrible 
mean.gif
. And yes, the cement's from 2012 do feel like bricks on your feet. I'm glad I paid what I paid for them because that's what they are worth imo. 

I paid $119 for my 2012 wcIVs. Wore em for 2 years and sold em to my boy for 150. Hated the joints. Thin leather, really flat and synthetic feel. The no softness, no wrinkles around pressure from fingertips type of leather. Mesh came almost pre yellowed or gave you the uneasy feeling thinking about rocking them. rocked em once and put em up, pulled em out and sure enough mesh had that white borderline yellow tinge to it, the kind you see in white home goods from the 90s. Think of corded telephones or kitchen mixers that start to change after a while.

I was ready for the 2012s too. Had been looking at pics of the 99s and couldn't wait but was ultimately disappointed that cold Saturday morning that February. This upcoming February I'm hoping it's different and we get better everything. NA ain't even that important to me I just don't want this shoe to be a ****** one

Pic of 2012s

View media item 1626085

damn, you really broke my heart with pic lol
Don't have too much empathy, they are for show only.

You cannot walk in them.

They will disintegrate within a few minutes of being on your feet, if they haven't started already.

It's been over 21 years for a few of those pairs.

Don't have too much empathy, they are for show only.
You cannot walk in them.
They will disintegrate within a few minutes of being on your feet, if they haven't started already.
It's been over 21 years for a few of those pairs.

21 years? Lol , them shoes older than me. Shouts out to you.

This is music for my ears, definately a cop. I'll skip on the 72-10 for this year.

@ airthompson airthompson wait I don't get it I'm not that familiar with the sneaker game, is there a chance of it not being a general release?

That is my boy I didn't wear em into the ground, I wore em on occasions. He got authentic, babied wc4s in 8/10 cond for well below market. Plus his whole thing was to give me more than what I paid since he knew how much I liked the colorway. You already know what I did with the extra, he was right there look at my avy that's what we did our early college days, cop js roll js :pimp:

Interesting article from last year since we're talking about price hikes. I'm sure some of you read this long ago. Nike knows how to play the market and the game. I remember reading this a while ago myself.

http://www.bloomberg.com/bw/articles/2014-09-26/how-nikes-jumping-shoe-prices-bolster-boom-times

Market segmentation isn't anything new which is why American shoppers are always looking for lower prices even if it doesn't make sense. I think Nike is in the unenviable position of trying to keep its 50% of global market share while constantly keeping at bay off-branding (ie: GMs UAs) and competitors (Asics Gel Lyte series). To do that you're going to get segmentation. Nike thus far has redesigned molds, re-sourced materials and cleaned up some of the negling QC issues (visible glue, janky tongues) and that's come at a cost ... Of $20-30. Here's hoping the trend continues for this drop and I'd gladly pay for this remastered edition.

Last edited:
This is music for my ears, definately a cop. I'll skip on the 72-10 for this year.

@ airthompson airthompson wait I don't get it I'm not that familiar with the sneaker game, is there a chance of it not being a general release?

Yeah very much so. But the remastered line has been major GRs. These will be produced from Mens to infants also helps prove these will be a GR. I could be wrong, but im almost certain we'll get III-VI og colors w Nike Air for a min.

Yeah very much so. But the remastered line has been major GRs. These will be produced from Mens to infants also helps prove these will be a GR. I could be wrong, but im almost certain we'll get III-VI og colors w Nike Air for a min.

Good to hear, White cement+ probably space jams in 2016. Can't wait.

Love IVs but the price increase is garbage so is the cracking *** midsole. My black cements hurt the hell out of my feet and it kills me. They are my grails. JB just keeps pumping up these prices and making a cheaper product

Love IVs but the price increase is garbage so is the cracking *** midsole. My black cements hurt the hell out of my feet and it kills me. They are my grails. JB just keeps pumping up these prices and making a cheaper product
So true.

Had to sell my 2012 Cement 4s. Or as I like to call them, Concrete 4s. Cos that's what they felt like. Disgusting.

Back
Top Bottom