Nike Air Jordan Retro 3 OG “Fire Red” 2022

That woukd be ME. 🙋‍♂️

:lol:

Hey man, I just don’t want people to regret itin the long run. I’m not just thinking of myself. It’s not like I get a paycheck to influence people into buying them. It comes from a genuine place. 🤷‍♂️
Cool I guess, but personally, I could not care less about what another person’s shoe collection contains. No pairs for them means a better chance for people who actually want the shoe to cop, or in some people’s cases, a possible double or triple up. Stop creating hype, especially when you’re not even getting paid to do so. Lol

You can call Nike CS and they should be able to tell you. I have some Dunks on order, and they said if the package didn't get picked up yet (which it wasn't), I should be fine.
Got through with support and they calmed my nerves. Said the warehouse confirmed the order and it should ship soon. Still on for the 16th. Fingers crossed!

If you aren’t hyped for these, maybe you should get out of the so called “shoe game.”

2997EB1C-2030-47FF-BC0C-AAEC5FEE3A09.gif

Just came from shoe city they doing fcfs and shorty said haven't been too many people asking about them hopefully that don't change release time.

Shoe City? Wow, don’t ever recall them getting the good stuff. Thought they only carried the basic non-popular models.

Its always funny to me when people hid their face on this site like they are some kinda undercover celeb or something... but someone hiding their face in black in white HS game pics from the 90s... thats a first!

Anyway... these are just shoes to me. I am 37. Grew up in Chicago. Watched a lot of Bulls games with my dad back in the day... but I never owned a pair of Js until the 16s went on clearence because neither my mom or dad were paying that much for "gym shoes" back in the day. Honestly, I think I wanted More Uptempos more back in the day because I thought they just looked cooler, and I remember I did get the Pippin 2s when I was in 8th grade after doing a lot of begging in Chernins or whatever that big shoe store in Jewtown. I also remember my cousin getting a pair if hand me down Js back in the day (Bordo 7s I think) that she got covered in paint.

Anyway nowadays I over compensate to make up for the stuff I wanted as a kid... not just with shoes but with everything, so I have to set limits for myself in order to control things, and honestly I reached that limit long ago... so I think Ill probably just pass on these. Im actually thinking about getting rid of quite a few pairs because I have another baby in the way and honestly excess have kinda ruined the thrill of getting new pairs anyway. Im out! ✌🏿

I admit I like to take anonymous photos to post on this site for fun as evidenced in the multitude of pictures I shared of myself in multiple threads. I think it's more of a fun/joke type of deal with us who post headless or faceless photos of ourselves on here.

In a way, it was somewhat smart discretion with some parents not willing to buy shoes that were over $100 for their kids when they were in school because they never knew how to take care of shoes or be cautious when wearing them. They simply played in them and wore them everywhere they went not having a care about environments and outdoor conditions. And kids would easily outgrow their shoes by the end of or after the school year. Parents pretty much saw it as overpaying for something that's disposable predicated on eventual wear and outgrowth of the shoes.

It's different when you're an adult because it seems like we have more shoes we can wear instead of just having a single pair to last a school year. And we seem to know when to wear some stuff and not to wear it based on weather conditions or a particular environment you're aware of that you're going to.

I don’t even pay attention to JB releases unless an OG colorway is dropping nowadays. Less passionate for the shoe game plus less time. As I got older and the process of releases became different and more digital, I jus got less interested. Miss the midnight drops or camp outs at Niketowns and malls. Jus more fun then. Hell, in the 90s, the days of skipping 3rd period to cop and come back at lunch with the new Js on. Good times. Once all the OG colorways drop that I want, I’m out the game…

Older generation enthusiasts tend to focus more on original colorways, which makes sense because a lot of them have maintained their affinity for shoes they liked as kids. I like mostly originals myself. I also like some colorways with specific models that weren't out when they originals released because I can wear/match them with attire I have.

The shoe game becoming different is no joke because I can still remember how it was easy to walk into a JCPenney back in 1996 and see $100 plus Nike shoes sitting there. I even saw the Columbia XI sitting in the one in Fox Hills Mall that year. All the colorways of the XI sat in all stores that had them that year, but they eventually sold out as time progressed.

It started getting worse beginning in the late '90s when people began camping out. It just got worse the last few years with stupid resellers trying to hoard every damn thing assuming they're going to get rich quick with reselling.

Ironically, the digital protocols with releases have benefited me since December 2016 (Space Jam XI release) because I've been able to get most of what I wanted when I submitted.

I'm glad I never camped out. The December 2011 release with those bootleg looking Concord XI and the February 2012 release with those Galaxy Foamposite really amplified the idiocy and problems with camp outs.

Stop creating hype, especially when you’re not even getting paid to do so. Lol

I think you're right in this case but I sometimes wonder about some of the motivations on this site.
Some folks put in a questionably large amount of effort to try to get others to see things a certain way.

I admit I like to take anonymous photos to post on this site for fun as evidenced in the multitude of pictures I shared of myself in multiple threads. I think it's more of a fun/joke type of deal with us who post headless or faceless photos of ourselves on here.

In a way, it was somewhat smart discretion with some parents not willing to buy shoes that were over $100 for their kids when they were in school because they never knew how to take care of shoes or be cautious when wearing them. They simply played in them and wore them everywhere they went not having a care about environments and outdoor conditions. And kids would easily outgrow their shoes by the end of or after the school year. Parents pretty much saw it as overpaying for something that's disposable predicated on eventual wear and outgrowth of the shoes.

It's different when you're an adult because it seems like we have more shoes we can wear instead of just having a single pair to last a school year. And we seem to know when to wear some stuff and not to wear it based on weather conditions or a particular environment you're aware of that you're going to.

Older generation enthusiasts tend to focus more on original colorways, which makes sense because a lot of them have maintained their affinity for shoes they liked as kids. I like mostly originals myself. I also like some colorways with specific models that weren't out when they originals released because I can wear/match them with attire I have.

The shoe game becoming different is no joke because I can still remember how it was easy to walk into a JCPenney back in 1996 and see $100 plus Nike shoes sitting there. I even saw the Columbia XI sitting in the one in Fox Hills Mall that year. All the colorways of the XI sat in all stores that had them that year, but they eventually sold out as time progressed.

It started getting worse beginning in the late '90s when people began camping out. It just got worse the last few years with stupid resellers trying to hoard every damn thing assuming they're going to get rich quick with reselling.

Ironically, the digital protocols with releases have benefited me since December 2016 (Space Jam XI release) because I've been able to get most of what I wanted when I submitted.

I'm glad I never camped out. The December 2011 release with those bootleg looking Concord XI and the February 2012 release with those Galaxy Foamposite really amplified the idiocy and problems with camp outs.

Agree with all of that, but I can confirm Playoff 11’s did NOT sit in 96’. It was the first og Jordan to sell out relatively fast as far as I can recall. Not a first day sellout like todays releases, but pretty much gone within a couple days. I got the last pair in my size at Sneakerland on release day April 96.

Back
Top Bottom