Nike Air Jordan Retro Metallic V - 7/23/16

The top 3 also had the correct 23 font for the first time on a retro. Would’ve been a great shoe if they had a reflective silver tongue rather than purple.

The Top 23's would've been perfect if they had a black tongue, IMHO.

Anyways, I wore the 2016's today.

8)

20230710_115142.jpg

20230710_115331.jpg

20230710_151037.jpg

20230710_151338.jpg

:pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp:
:nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat:
:smokin

Oooo u right, with a tad smaller tongue but 3m that shine like the sun

It's somehow been seven years since the previous retro. I say two more years, tops, before they're back. 2025 will be the 35th anniversary, so it would give Nike/JB a logical reason to drop them again then. Not that they need a reason. They could drop them next month and sell out, I'm sure.

It's somehow been seven years since the previous retro. I say two more years, tops, before they're back. 2025 will be the 35th anniversary, so it would give Nike/JB a logical reason to drop them again then. Not that they need a reason. They could drop them next month and sell out, I'm sure.
We still need proper releases of the Grapes and Black Tongues though. I'm all for another Metallic retro, but the other two still have yet to receive an OG retro.

We still need proper releases of the Grapes and Black Tongues though. I'm all for another Metallic retro, but the other two still have yet to receive an OG retro.

Technically yes, but the fresh prince grape pair was actually a really decent retro once you add the laces. The black tongue pair needs to release asap though.

I don’t see why any of them have to be mutually exclusive. They could drop two of three or even all three within the same year and sell them all.

I don’t see why any of them have to be mutually exclusive. They could drop two of three or even all three within the same year and sell them all.
Agreed but I don’t think we’ve ever gotten 2 og nike air retros from the same model in the same year (excluding the early days). Just saying, if they announce grapes you can pretty much guarantee it’ll be another year or 2 before we could even think about getting black tongues. JB logic, not mine.

Agreed but I don’t think we’ve ever gotten 2 og nike air retros from the same model in the same year (excluding the early days). Just saying, if they announce grapes you can pretty much guarantee it’ll be another year or 2 before we could even think about getting black tongues. JB logic, not mine.
True but if we’re going by history, they always bring these back every seven years or less since 2000. Just sayin.

This was the point I was trying to make. JB would never give us more than one OG 5 release in the same year. It's only going to be one colorway and if I had to choose, I'd rather it be something other than the Metallics again.

This was the point I was trying to make. JB would never give us more than one OG 5 release in the same year. It's only going to be one colorway and if I had to choose, I'd rather it be something other than the Metallics again.
While I 💯agree with this, it’s possible we could get an OG black tongue or grape and get a Mike PE metallic in the same year? As a comparable, next year marks 30 years on Xs and i expect we’ll see more than one OG colorway released. Now I get that’s apples and oranges but still. Just tryin to stay optimistic baby.

Was gonna say fire red 3s and cement 3s came out close together but technically it was 2022 and 2023

Back
Top Bottom