Nike Air Jordan Retro Metallic V - 7/23/16

It’s not even 8 years yet, my friend. Will be this summer.
I hear you I said it's pushing 10 years not 10 years yet lol.

Edit: we're not gonna see them in 2024 I doubt. Most releases have already started production so it will be 2025/26, but with this reimagined crap that timeline may get pushed up :nerd: they've now done 1s, 3s, and 4s. 5s are the obvious choice to do next imo. I just hope it's not too reimagined like the 4s :sick:

Last edited:
It was only 5 years between the last 2 retros.

These are for sure due, but I know we're not seeing them next year. We'd know by now.

I still think when we do they're gonna be reimagined... which won't be too bad if they leave the uppers the same I can deal with a sole color like the amm dusks I think though. But if they slap leather on the upper count me out...

Last edited:
I still think when we do they're gonna be reimagined... which won't be too bad if they leave the uppers rhe same I can deal with a sole color like the amm dusks I think though. But if they slap leather on the upper count me out...

I'm honestly over the reimagined thing if it goes beyond slight aging tbh. The Chicago's didn't bother me, neither did the 3's, grabbed the Royal 1's in suede cause I love the Royals but I am not a huge fan of those Black Cement 4's.

Just give me a good retro.

I'm honestly over the reimagined thing if it goes beyond slight aging tbh. The Chicago's didn't bother me, neither did the 3's, grabbed the Royal 1's in suede cause I love the Royals but I am not a huge fan of those Black Cement 4's.

Just give me a good retro.

Jb running out of ideas ogs nrgs 85s reimagined re retros of re retros I think they should go with retro plus colorways and instead of jumpmen on them nike air with the 3s through 6s thays be a whole new slew of recycled retro pluses people would probably go crazy for. I'm a purist I don't want a 3-6 without nike air on the back... they can change colors or make new ones that jumpman jusy doesnt sit good with me on those models. If those Olympic 6s drop with a jumpman on the back I'm out on those too. They just don't hit right without nike air.

I still have a pair of the 2007 metallics in a box somewhere. Always seemed like a good retro to me, other than the Jumpman on the heel and of course the incorrect font for the 23s on the side. The tongues were the old material on that pair, too. I don't remember, maybe it didn't reflect as much as the previous versions but in normal conditions it looked correct and is certainly on a different planet to these new tongues JB began using with the 2016s.
Nah, the OG's and 1st retros are the only one that had the actual 3M tongue. Every retro after that got the sparkly hard tongues. Its night and day IMO.

Without embarrassing myself, check out this super old video I did on YT showing the crazy difference from 00's & 07 pairs.

Nah, the OG's and 1st retros are the only one that had the actual 3M tongue. Every retro after that got the sparkly hard tongues. Its night and day IMO.

Without embarrassing myself, check out this super old video I did on YT showing the crazy difference from 00's & 07 pairs.

Fair but the 07’s tongues are still WAY better and closer to OG than what we’ve been getting since the 2016s. This latest-generation tongue material is on a weird planet of its own.

It’s time we got a danza retro. Watching this realizing they never retrod these properly. 2000 was good.

IMG_2180.jpeg
IMG_2178.jpeg
IMG_2175.jpeg
IMG_2174.jpeg
IMG_2176.jpeg

The 07 retro is FIRE except for the missing NA and the tongue is ELITE.. It's a 9/10 compared to the 99/00 retro being basically a 10/10 falling short on 3M. I wish so bad I never sold them.. the tongue has never been the same :smh:.

Even build.. the closest was the What The V's.. fit EXACTLY like a V should. Toe cap could use some work but they were great otherwise. 2020 Fire Red V's get a lot of love and they were solid but are also extreme and the toe box is mega wide.

The 07 retro is FIRE except for the missing NA and the tongue is ELITE.. It's a 9/10 compared to the 99/00 retro being basically a 10/10 falling short on 3M. I wish so bad I never sold them.. the tongue has never been the same :smh:.

Even build.. the closest was the What The V's.. fit EXACTLY like a V should. Toe cap could use some work but they were great otherwise. 2020 Fire Red V's get a lot of love and they were solid but are also extreme and the toe box is mega wide.

I never had that pair because of the jumpman but I’ll believe you. I do know that the 3M was elite. If they can just start doing that again 🙏🏽🙏🏽🙏🏽

07 retro was a better fit than retros that came after them but it was the beginning of a terrible look and fit and feel overall. The collar of the 07 was stiff, the tongue terrible with minimal reflection, blacked out air bubble, the shoe was heavier than the 90 and 2000 and of course, the jump man on the heel. 2000 retros were light and comfy right out of the box.

Tbh I never had that shoe and didn’t pay any attention to it but I can tell you for fact the 3M was better than whatever this is they’ve been doing. The oily look
The material wise was nicer without that oily effect but the bright 3m wasn't there on 07 but the 2011 bin 23 had a great tongue they can do it they just play games

Yeah.. that's them. trethousandgt trethousandgt is correct.. tongue was elite but 3M was crap on them. And they were indeed a turning point but the comfort and general feel of a V was still there. I haven't seen it come close to that since the What The's but again, they are all crap compared to anything from 99/00 :lol:

Laney's were even overall better than the 07 Metallics to your point too doublemesh96 doublemesh96

Back
Top Bottom