Nike Air Jordan Retro Metallic V - 7/23/16

Technically yes, but the fresh prince grape pair was actually a really decent retro once you add the laces. The black tongue pair needs to release asap though.

I check every now and then for news on the black tongues. My first Jordan way back in 1990 right? It has a very special place in my heart. I keep waiting for them to finally retro them (I dont count the previous botch jobs)

Also military 4s.

Hope all y’all are enjoying life. My fellow Jordans enthusiasts

I check every now and then for news on the black tongues. My first Jordan way back in 1990 right? It has a very special place in my heart. I keep waiting for them to finally retro them (I dont count the previous botch jobs)

Also military 4s.

Hope all y’all are enjoying life. My fellow Jordans enthusiasts
Agreed. Can’t believe we’ve gotten 2 retros of the silver tongue pair and still waiting on the black tongues 33 years later.

Same. My first pair in 6 grade. I still have the box (was a size 7 then) that I kept keep sakes in as a kid and teen. Those shoes meant everything to me, especially since it had the 23 on the side…it was like one step closer…
Aw man that’s awesome. I love hearing these kinds of stories. I will never forget how it was I was in the 3rd grade. For the first week or so of having them I remember I would be staring down at my heel looking at the beautiful Nike Air logo while sitting at my desk. I’m surprised I didn’t get a crick in my neck lol the advantages of being young af.

I wish I still had mine or the box at least. But I don’t. The shoes meant a lot to me as well. My parents didn’t understand and still don’t but I’m still appreciative for them all these years later.

99/2000s :pimp:

Honestly don’t know how they still holding up

IMG_9200.jpeg

99/2000s :pimp:

Honestly don’t know how they still holding up

IMG_9200.jpeg
Holding up because you actually wear them. That constant pressure on the midsole helps. Sad I had to sell mine because that tongue is not even close to the cheap retro's after. Not even close!

They had it on those 00, 06, 11 retro idk why they switched to that shiny tinfoil mess
Everything after the OG's and 1st retro's has been trash. If you ever had a OG/2000 pair in hand the tongue is just on a mother level. Material, cushioning &3M shame is crazy!

Holding up because you actually wear them. That constant pressure on the midsole helps. Sad I had to sell mine because that tongue is not even close to the cheap retro's after. Not even close!

Everything after the OG's and 1st retro's has been trash. If you ever had a OG/2000 pair in hand the tongue is just on a mother level. Material, cushioning &3M shame is crazy!

I still have a pair of the 2007 metallics in a box somewhere. Always seemed like a good retro to me, other than the Jumpman on the heel and of course the incorrect font for the 23s on the side. The tongues were the old material on that pair, too. I don't remember, maybe it didn't reflect as much as the previous versions but in normal conditions it looked correct and is certainly on a different planet to these new tongues JB began using with the 2016s.

It time for another retro of these I sold my used pair and got the retail I paid for them plus a little extra about a year ago... it's time now it's pushing 10 years since the last retro? Just hope they don't pull some reimagined crap and make them all leather or canvas or some crap...

It time for another retro of these I sold my used pair and got the retail I paid for them plus a little extra about a year ago... it's time now it's pushing 10 years since the last retro? Just hope they don't pull some reimagined crap and make them all leather or canvas or some crap...

It’s not even 8 years yet, my friend. Will be this summer.

Back
Top Bottom