Nike Air Jordan Retro Metallic V - 7/23/16

I just got the call from my local FTL for my size 12. I then ask real politely if they did the raffles for GS and the guy says said not yet. I said "oh ok np man thanks though."

I'm ready to hang up and he says "hold up hold up. What size did you put in for?" I say 5.5. He says "ight man I'll put you down". [emoji]128526[/emoji][emoji]128588[/emoji][emoji]127996[/emoji]
Be nice to your spots ppl!
my size too. That's good stuff tho [emoji]128588[/emoji][emoji]127998[/emoji], my spots call late so I'm on edge.

For me it's more or less 4-6 with 5 being the pinnacle. I was never THAT into 3s but I'll take some black/cement NIKE AIRs thank you.

View media item 2107607
Lol yes they really should release those [emoji]128583[/emoji][emoji]127998[/emoji]. I feel like they're using the NA to pull us retried folks back in. They got me with the maroons and now these metallics

Man, I'm vacationing in FL and they are doing this reservation thing. I had to dl apps from FtL,Champs, & FootAction. Anybody have experience with this?!? I have a countdown and I guess I have to wait to see if I won when the countdown ends?

curious as to what the young generation is im 21 (1995) and would never consider these as olympics

By younger generation Im talking about the young ones that were born after Michael officially retired and never watched him play. Most of them dont know or care about history of these OG releases, its trendy thing now so they want apart of it which is fine, Im just saying Nike uses gimmicks to help sales which seems to be working so far.

I have received exactly 0 calls or e-mails. And I entered an obscene amount of raffles. Hope that phone gets to ringing sometime today.
Same here, however my stores told me they call on Thursday, and they have only been open for an hour. 
laugh.gif

17 raffles entered, hoping for a call/email!

Lol yes they really should release those [emoji]128583[/emoji][emoji]127998[/emoji]. I feel like they're using the NA to pull us retried folks back in. They got me with the maroons and now these metallics

I haven't gotten any maroons yet. I will eventually. I've been budgeting for 6 months just for the black/metallics, and in that time went through a massive cross state move because my former landlord sold our house out from under us so she could get rich quick. It's all good though. Moved to an area where we can actually afford to BUY something ourselves within the next year, and I'll still get my black/metallics. :lol:

I haven't gotten any maroons yet. I will eventually. I've been budgeting for 6 months just for the black/metallics, and in that time went through a massive cross state move because my former landlord sold our house out from under us so she could get rich quick. It's all good though. Moved to an area where we can actually afford to BUY something ourselves within the next year, and I'll still get my black/metallics. :lol:
That's super weak! Sorry about that. You could've got some money out of it if they broke the lease agreement tho. But shoes are always more important [emoji]128517[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji]

I missed a call cuz I was still sleeping smh oh well there's still more stores.

Last edited:
I had OG's 4-7 so those will always be my favs, when I saw the 8 I lost interest for a few years. Nothing can save that shoe, imo.

Very hard decision but decided to pass on these for a couple of reasons:

- I heard these don't really age well, want to wear my kicks for a year or two

- Never was super into the V's

- Got a pair of flu games recently for 215 shipped

- 220 plus tax is a lot for me unless I really really like the shoe (like the Cement IVs)

Passing with regret, but hey maybe someone else will have an easier time getting these

That's super weak! Sorry about that. You could've got some money out of it if they broke the lease agreement tho. But shoes are always more important [emoji]128517[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji]

She didn't break the lease agreement, but just BARELY snuck in under state law. I think state law is they have to give you 60 days notice to leave. I think she gave us 62. I rented from her for 15 years. Gee thanks. :lol:

Last edited:
Very hard decision but decided to pass on these for a couple of reasons:

- I heard these don't really age well, want to wear my kicks for a year or two
- Never was super into the V's
- Got a pair of flu games recently for 215 shipped
- 220 plus tax is a lot for me unless I really really like the shoe (like the Cement IVs)

Passing with regret, but hey maybe someone else will have an easier time getting these
K

I wonder if these will bring in $275 - $300 range on eBay (a few days after releasing during that sweet spot period)...I got calls on 2 of my 5 raffles (which i feel is too good to be true- there must be a lot out there)...definitely getting a pair to wear as always but debating whether i'd be able to sell the second pair for a small profit like i usually do.

Just FYI, if anyone is worried about how Vs discolor or feel they don't last that long, I think I know a way to make them last longer. Some may know this, some may not. I've experimented with a whole lot of Vs over the years, and I believe LIGHT is worse at aging them than water or anything in the environment. My secret? Just store them in a dark closet when you don't use them.

A pair of my Grapes, which are over 3 years old and have been worn a LOT, are still going strong. No net yellowing. The soles lost the blue tint and are only discolored on the bottom because they're DIRTY. But to me, they still look really fresh. All I do is store them in the dark. And occasionally wipe off scuffs on the uppers with regular Champs cleaner.

BTW, just got my first call on the black/metallics! And so it begins...

View media item 2107641

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom