Nike Air Max2 CB 94 White\Concord\Black -- Returns 2023

Well said.... and i would love to see a few thorough close up comparison pics if you get a chance sir. Maybe a heel shot, a front shot, side shot, and a close up of the upper materials.... I personally was thinking the purple air unit was going to be the bane of this retro for me, but im okay with the purple... HOWEVER, the freakin weird velvetty white nuuck type material on the upper is so weird to me. Why would Nike do that when they put the worlds most buttery leather (for a retro) on the white/old royal pair???

Also is there any differences in quality as far as youre concerned? I cant imagine the 09 being superior due to these being really solid for a retro. Thanks!!
Sure...when i get the opportunity, i will pull all 3 pairs out and take closer pics.

It just gets challenging sometimes, because i got my classic shoes buried in my closet, and i got kids too !

Every time i open up a box, they are quick to grab and toss around my shoes. Lol

This years retro was decent, but i felt Nike cut corners with their effort.

The 02 or 03 pair without a doubt had the best quality leather uppers...very soft.

But my personal preference would have to be the 09 or 10 version...even tho the leather is stiffer.

I was never able to get the original as a child, so those win on sentimental value alone.

However the 02 or 03 version is probably the best in multiple ways...comfort, quality, air unit.

Defy New York on youtube is a sneaker connoisseur, he is really insightful in explaining when Nike stopped using the original air units and all that.  If i remember correctly he said they stopped in 03 or 05 ?

Check him out tho, he did a review on those 02/03 cb 94. 

I wish i could tell you the comfort difference between all the retros, but unfortunately i can not.

I have never worn any of my pairs.

These shoes are in my top 5 category, so i when i was able to finally get a pair...i just cleaned the dust off, and put them in the hall of fame closet.

@THEJISBACK
 ...check page 17.

I did some comparison pics of my 02 and 10 pairs. (Black and Purple)

This year's retro has the same colors, but Nike made some big changes.

For example...no cb34 on the insole, Nike air symbol instead, no all white air unit, purple air unit instead, no nubuck tongue, leather tongue instead, no white leather on the upper, used nubuck/durabuck instead, no black stripe coming up the middle of the tongue, just all purple instead.

The 09 or 10 version is the closes one to the original, but even that has subtle differences.

Hope this helps you in any way.

Kid Salami, thanks for clearing some of this up. However unless you meant to say 09 and not 02, I remember the 02/03 retro being royal and black on the tongue. As for the 2009/2010, what were the differences between those?

Kid Salami, thanks for clearing some of this up. However unless you meant to say 09 and not 02, I remember the 02/03 retro being royal and black on the tongue. As for the 2009/2010, what were the differences between those?

No problem bro.

When I say 02 or 03, and 09 or 10, i'm just trying to say it's one of those years.

I keep forgetting to check the production date on the tags, so i'm unsure of the actual year they dropped.

My bad.

No problem bro.

When I say 02 or 03, and 09 or 10, i'm just trying to say it's one of those years.

I keep forgetting to check the production date on the tags, so i'm unsure of the actual year they dropped.

My bad.

Haha, all good man no need to apologize. Just so we are clear I wasn't saying that in a negative or rude way. I see folk on here trying to be funny style when others are trying to help, and this is not one of those cases, more so just inquiring. I went ahead and doubled up on the both OG colorways. For the prices I paid I gave in a decided to drop I was feeling about Nike cutting corners on this retro. Normally I do NOT do this, but for this shoe, I did because there is no telling when they will retro them again.

Haha, all good man no need to apologize. Just so we are clear I wasn't saying that in a negative or rude way. I see folk on here trying to be funny style when others are trying to help, and this is not one of those cases, more so just inquiring. I went ahead and doubled up on the both OG colorways. For the prices I paid I gave in a decided to drop I was feeling about Nike cutting corners on this retro. Normally I do NOT do this, but for this shoe, I did because there is no telling when they will retro them again.
Oh yeah man no worries.

I didn't interpret our dialogue as negative or rude, i just wish i was better at remembering dates and years.

I'm the type of person that has to ask you your name over and over again, because i will forget it if you tell it to me one time only.

That was a good idea on doubling up !

I plan on doing the same with the black pair, but i wanna scoop on the low, so i'm gonna wait it out.

I feel like if i can get any classic Nike retro below a $100...that's a win in my book.

I think we gotta good chance at scooping a pair of these Barkley's for well below retail...it's looking that way.

Say everyone, I have looked over and over at the 2009 and 2010 retro, and can't spot any differences. Unless I missed something, does anyone know what they are? I remember seeing pairs with the a purple Air Max 2 logo on one of the OG retros, but I do not see them anywhere, anyone else?

Last edited:

Stellar pic

The white nubuck is just weird, I don't know why they used it. I saw them at FTL the other day in person because I had to see what you guys were talking about. They really messed up the execution of this cw

Last edited:

Sure...when i get the opportunity, i will pull all 3 pairs out and take closer pics.

It just gets challenging sometimes, because i got my classic shoes buried in my closet, and i got kids too !

Every time i open up a box, they are quick to grab and toss around my shoes. Lol

This years retro was decent, but i felt Nike cut corners with their effort.

The 02 or 03 pair without a doubt had the best quality leather uppers...very soft.

But my personal preference would have to be the 09 or 10 version...even tho the leather is stiffer.

I was never able to get the original as a child, so those win on sentimental value alone.

However the 02 or 03 version is probably the best in multiple ways...comfort, quality, air unit.

Defy New York on youtube is a sneaker connoisseur, he is really insightful in explaining when Nike stopped using the original air units and all that.  If i remember correctly he said they stopped in 03 or 05 ?

Check him out tho, he did a review on those 02/03 cb 94. 

I wish i could tell you the comfort difference between all the retros, but unfortunately i can not.

I have never worn any of my pairs.

These shoes are in my top 5 category, so i when i was able to finally get a pair...i just cleaned the dust off, and put them in the hall of fame closet.
I would really appreciate that... I love comparison pics... thanks!

The white nubuck is just weird, I don't know why they used it. I saw them at FTL the other day in person because I had to see what you guys were talking about. They really messed up the execution of this c
Yeah thats what I thought. Honestly I wasnt sure what people were talking about until I held them in person because the "nap" or whatever of the white nubuck is so small and close that in pictures it looks like leather.... Although im a little salty over the white upper areas of the shoe, im overall thrilled with how comfortable and well shaped these are. The black nubuck area is dead on to me, takes me directly back to 5th grade '94 lol

maybe the upper was all black and they just painted in the white parts? lol

white nubuck tho... lol

Any other colors coming out? I'de cop the black/ black, Black/red & black/ blue if they were to retro again.

I'd love if they did a black on black again. That's the only color nike would legit have to go wayyyyyyy out the way to butcher.

I saw them a few days ago. You don't notice it's white nubuck until you look at them up close. It's almost like the factory ran out of materials.

Dang, Nike even cut corners on the boxes. I went to put my shoes away and even though they are all the same size along with being from the same Footlocker store, the boxes are 2 DIFFERENT sizes between the 2 colorways that I purchased. Glad to have the shoes, but very unacceptable from a company that expects high standards from their customers along with being arrogant at times, while doing half *** work and quality. Has anyone else experienced this with these shoes?

Last edited:
they're just boxes, priorities.

That is correct, however I was speaking on the principle of the fact if Nike or any other company wants top dollar, then they need to provide top quality. Seriously it really shouldn't be that hard for them to do, nor should this concept be hard to understand.

Back
Top Bottom