Nike Air Mowabb QS

Olive green joints are dope, I just can't believe how different they look from pic to pic depending on the IG filters. They're out in Japan now, so probably hit the U.S. in about a month.

At this point I think I would rather have another trail end brown vs the olive red. I think I'll get the all blacks too.

Blacks will pop up in the states pretty soon I'm sure. Here's a pic of the other 3 together. Looking forward to the olive pair, I really feel like these could have been an OG color:

Was at the Nike outlet last night in arundel mills and they had 1 size 12 in the brown pair . $130.. The only pair in the whole store
My size .. To bad I already copped a couple of weeks ago

Yeah I'm not feeling that olive pair. I realize it's completely subjective but I would rather spend my money elsewhere.

olive pair is terrible and does NOT look like an og c/w to me, although that's apparently what they were trying for. on another note, my pairs should be in tmrw.
:smokin

Saw the browns in a store today. Also first time seeing Mowabbs since the 90s I guess, although I might have seen the 2008 retros somewhere back then.

Anyway. On a positive note: the suede felt quite OK and the toebox even looked sort of pointy, def not as flat and rounded as the ones people posted here.
But... the overall impression though was that they feel a bit cheap. Worth the € 180 price tag? Not in a million years. :rofl:

And I didn't even try them on, because on pics it's a great looking shoe but in the flesh there's something about them that's strange, hard to tell what it is exactly though. And now I do remember seeing the 2008 retros and passing on them for that reason. I just don't see myself wearing them.

So i just noticed something weird. The blacked out Mowabbs are listed at $200 on SNKRS app and they are $180 on NDC.

Is this a new thing? I never noticed price variations between the two before.

I know this is not exactly mowabb related, but its classic ACG, what are the chances we see an air revaderchi retro in the near future?

Last revaderchi retro was 08, still have two pairs, but need more, would gladly pay nike 200 for those without a though. How about some azonas or yewtahs? Come on nike.

Saw the browns in a store today. Also first time seeing Mowabbs since the 90s I guess, although I might have seen the 2008 retros somewhere back then.

Anyway. On a positive note: the suede felt quite OK and the toebox even looked sort of pointy, def not as flat and rounded as the ones people posted here.
But... the overall impression though was that they feel a bit cheap. Worth the € 180 price tag? Not in a million years. :rofl:

And I didn't even try them on, because on pics it's a great looking shoe but in the flesh there's something about them that's strange, hard to tell what it is exactly though. And now I do remember seeing the 2008 retros and passing on them for that reason. I just don't see myself wearing them.

Couple things between the OGs and the current retros, specifically the brown ones:

Obviously the shape. While they're not as bad as some retros with the banana shape, it's still there just a little bit, and the toe doesn't drop down as much as it should which looks a little more obvious on a shoe with a huarache type of tongue, etc.

The colors are darker and there's less contrast from the toebox to the rest of the upper than there was on the OGs. Still a contrast but when you see pics of OGs it was more noticeable.

The laces. On the OGs the laces were lighter than the darker brown part of the upper. They basically matched the toe and toebox. These the laces are dark brown, maybe even a little darker than the dark brown part of the upper. Looks a little weird and recesses the top of the shoe so if you got a pair with a bad shape it makes it more obvious. I think I got fairly lucky shape wise with both my pairs, or maybe the bad pics I've seen. Sometimes I think people went half size up on these thinking they'd fit like huaraches.

I still have my Khumbus but they've succumbed to midsole rot.

I also had the Azonas too!

Back
Top Bottom