Nike Air Pegasus ALL NEW MODELS 30, 31, 32 and up

"The Odyssey 2s retails for $150? So is it the highest tier zoom runners now because the Vomero held that crown but I believe the Vomero 11s only retailed at $140, no? Is it more plush than Vomeros?"

Odyssey is actually pretty cushy for a stability shoe but its not on the plushness level of the Vomero. I own the first Odyssey and it's not as plush to me as my Vomero 4 and that of course is seven models before the current one. I have tried on the current one and can confirm this, I can only imagine now since Nike combined Zoom with Lunarlon in the newest Vomeros how cush it is now.

Is there any word on an Odyssey 3 yet? IMO, this has been the best maximum stability shoe Nike has had in a long time. I'd hate to see them abandon this segment again.

I seen't Odyssey 2 at the outlets for $99 +30% off

Still wearing the 1s

Last edited:
I seen't Odyssey 2 at the outlets for $99 +30% off

Still wearing the 1s

Yeah...I'm on my 3rd pair of Odyssey 1s. Seems like the 2s were a big flop. I have a pair but like the 1s better. Just hoping there is a 3. Over the years Nike seems a bit non-committal to a maximum stability shoe. I still think the Equalons were the best they ever had. Never cared much for the LunarEclipse line so I was stoked when the Odysseys arrived. Full length Dynamic Support and heel and forefoot zoom units. Why they would discontinue this is beyond me.

I love the Odyssey. Still have my version 1, though, like many people. I'd imagine the failure of the 2 is due to a couple factors:

A. That Nike is known mostly for lower-priced running shoes. To the non-runner (or even just non- sneakerhead), "A Nike is a Nike". I heard that reaction a lot when I worked in running specialty. So the mainstream consumer isn't differentiating between an $75 Zoom Winflo and a $150 Odyssey.

B. A lot of younger consumers don't have the money to plunk down on that level of shoe.

C. A lot of older runners don't consider Nike to be a "serious" running shoe company (even though they sponsor, you know, Olympians).

I love the Odyssey. Still have my version 1, though, like many people. I'd imagine the failure of the 2 is due to a couple factors:

A. That Nike is known mostly for lower-priced running shoes. To the non-runner (or even just non- sneakerhead), "A Nike is a Nike". I heard that reaction a lot when I worked in running specialty. So the mainstream consumer isn't differentiating between an $75 Zoom Winflo and a $150 Odyssey.

B. A lot of younger consumers don't have the money to plunk down on that level of shoe.

C. A lot of older runners don't consider Nike to be a "serious" running shoe company (even though they sponsor, you know, Olympians).

Well, sometimes for point B, there are the younger consumers who may be sneakerheads who will want to pay over $150 for other lifestyle shoes... but only about $100 or less for running shoes to beat 'em up. Plot twist: I'm one of those consumers. :lol:

Regardless, I also think that adding Lunarlon to a shoe that's supposed to provide higher stability support doesn't work out quite so well... at least that's just my thought. I'm probably completely wrong in that given that I haven't tried it out.

I guess for a casual runner like me (who takes running a bit serious), the shoes I run in just work. Doesn't help that I'm too brand loyal, but point A is a strong case for many people, really. If we're going to go with running shoes from Nike, it's primarily going to be the Pegasus or Vomero, especially if they can get it cheaper. The Vomeros are considered a steeped-price shoe. I think the Zoom Vomero is supposed to compete with the other brands like the Asics Kayano or Nimbus.

It's quite a bit odd for me to come out with this after running in the VaporMax for the past 7 runs or so (a bit hypocritical, perhaps), because that shoe is very pricy, but then again... those Air Max units and Flyknit uppers usually bring up the price.

Last edited:
I just wish Nike would make Stability shoes that didn't look like stability shoes

Inside of the Odysseys are not that beautiful

Flyknit Odysseys would be great

Last edited:
Well, sometimes for point B, there are the younger consumers who may be sneakerheads who will want to pay over $150 for other lifestyle shoes... but only about $100 or less for running shoes to beat 'em up. Plot twist: I'm one of those consumers.
laugh.gif

Regardless, I also think that adding Lunarlon to a shoe that's supposed to provide higher stability support doesn't work out quite so well... at least that's just my thought. I'm probably completely wrong in that given that I haven't tried it out.

I guess for a casual runner like me (who takes running a bit serious), the shoes I run in just work. Doesn't help that I'm too brand loyal, but point A is a strong case for many people, really. If we're going to go with running shoes from Nike, it's primarily going to be the Pegasus or Vomero, especially if they can get it cheaper. The Vomeros are considered a steeped-price shoe. I think the Zoom Vomero is supposed to compete with the other brands like the Asics Kayano or Nimbus.

It's quite a bit odd for me to come out with this after running in the VaporMax for the past 7 runs or so (a bit hypocritical, perhaps), because that shoe is very pricy, but then again... those Air Max units and Flyknit uppers usually bring up the price.
The Odyssey is definitely softer than a lot of other stability shoes, which could also be a factor. It was more responsive when I first bought it, but training for a couple of halfs has tenderized them, so to speak. I'm 160lbs/73kg, so heavier runners that like stability might find them too mushy upon first wear.

School me here... is the Zoom Odyssey supposed to be kind of a medium between the Pegasus and the Structure?

The Odyssey is definitely softer than a lot of other stability shoes, which could also be a factor. It was more responsive when I first bought it, but training for a couple of halfs has tenderized them, so to speak. I'm 160lbs/73kg, so heavier runners that like stability might find them too mushy upon first wear.

Scratch what I just asked; just read your post, haha. Yeah, if anything, I feel that anything Lunar is just made to go for a long distance, but it's too soft.

Last edited:
I can hang with the lead pacers at local running store/city clubs. Yeah, I noticed most don't wear Nike. For me, they work well for me, specifically the Flyknit Racer or any forefoot Zoomed shoe. At the same time, I won't spend over $90 for a shoe I'm just going to get miles out of. I consider myself a casual runner as well, but I've got "serious" runner goals if that makes sense lol

Short Term:
- Average a sub7/mile/min 100mi month. I'm on good "pace" right now at 6'50" for 47mi.

Intermediate Term:
- 9mi in an hour. At the pace i'm going now, I hope I can get it done this year.

Long Term:
- BQ. My first racer ever was a full. I finished at 3:30 (in Nikes) with bad form and all lol. Since then, I feel like I've improved on my form, breathing and efficiency so much.

Last edited:
I can hang with the lead pacers at local running store/city clubs. Yeah, I noticed most don't wear Nike. For me, they work well for me, specifically the Flyknit Racer or any forefoot Zoomed shoe. At the same time, I won't spend over $90 for a shoe I'm just going to get miles out of. I consider myself a casual runner as well, but I've got "serious" runner goals if that makes sense lol

Short Term:
- Average a sub7/mile/min 100mi month. I'm on good "pace" right now at 6'50" for 47mi.

Intermediate Term:
- 9mi in an hour. At the pace i'm going now, I hope I can get it done this year.

Long Term:
- BQ. My first racer ever was a full. I finished at 3:30 (in Nikes) with bad form and all lol. Since then, I feel like I've improved on my form, breathing and efficiency so much.

Yeah, I can't complain about the Nikes that work out for me. I guess as long as they do fine, I'll go with it! The Zoom Vomero 12s though... too much of the same shoe as the 11 to go for that upgrade.

I can't run that fast for ****, but I do know form makes a hell of a difference, and so does running without music. Been running with music for a good year until I finally decided to unplug.

Short Term:

Intermediate Term:

Long Term:
Seems like you should be able to hit 9mph first. I'm not good at distance, but could do 8mph during the height of my half training. Good on you man, good luck for Boston. Have you tried doing yoga for runners for breathing/form?

Short Term:

Intermediate Term:

Long Term:

If you can average sub 7 for a 100 mile month than you should have no problem at all getting a BQ

im kind of happy to see this. As a long time Asics/Saucony guy I've recently decided to give Nike running shoes a go. The Pegasus 33 fit what I needed. (Support/cushioning/durability) seeing this video makes me happy because that means that the 33 should get even cheaper in the clearance section

^ Is there a flyknit sock racer thread? I got mine in the other day... They feel really weird on my arches.... I'm prob going to send them back.

Back
Top Bottom