Nike Air VaporMax

Pale Grey showing on SNKRS for May 5 but Heidi tweeted that they drop the 27th

She is usually never wrong although my wallet would prefer a May 5 release

Looking forward to next Thursday! That reminds me I have to go try on a women's sz 10 or 10.5 to see if there are any differences in fitting. I read a while ago that it's supposed to be a bit more narrow, but Nike has tweeted otherwise when I reached out to them.

Is it just me who's looking forward to picking up the women's white/blue NikeLab pair?

I can certainly understand the frustration. Back in the day shoes just sat on the shelves. People walked in, had their foot sized, tried them on and bought what they wanted. Things have certainly changed and while some shoes are back to sitting on the shelves like retros other hyped shoes sell out fast. Online has changed the game dramatically as well as social media. A lot of times you don't even get to try them on before you purchase. Its become a struggle to get some shoes online and sometimes exclusives go to stores on the coasts only. The only option on those is to pay resell. Im looking to pair down my collection and thats the only way I would be able to buy some of those limited shoes. :\  

Last edited:
I'm not even going to be as upset tbh. This is on me, it took me about 20 minutes before hitting the submit payment button. I was playing with numerous designs instead of just placing an order on the Black/Black with Gold swoosh. At one point I had both TB and the Blk/Gold in my cart but $504.00 and some change was just too difficult to swallow lol.

This one wasn't as hard tbh if you made the purchase 15 minutes after it's release.

I'm not even going to be as upset tbh. This is on me, it took me about 20 minutes before hitting the submit payment button. I was playing with numerous designs instead of just placing an order on the Black/Black with Gold swoosh. At one point I had both TB and the Blk/Gold in my cart but $504.00 and some change was just too difficult to swallow lol.

This one wasn't as hard tbh if you made the purchase 15 minutes after it's release.

Same here...Could have gotten them on swoosh at 11:30 for $144...so dumb that I didn't pull the trigger!

Same here...Could have gotten them on swoosh at 11:30 for $144...so dumb that I didn't pull the trigger!
You goofed bro 
grin.gif

So... I just talked to another Nike rep via live chat about the crap show of the Vapormax IDs and she informed me that there was a manufacturing error with the first 20 shoes and no one will be getting shoes and orders will be canceled? She told me that people are being contacted now about this problem.

Anyone heard about this?

So... I just talked to another Nike rep via live chat about the crap show of the Vapormax IDs and she informed me that there was a manufacturing error with the first 20 shoes and no one will be getting shoes and orders will be canceled? She told me that people are being contacted now about this problem.

Anyone heard about this?

Say what??? I got my confirmation email already.

Anyone heard about this?
laugh.gif
 That's definitely false

Say what??? I got my confirmation email already.

Just relaying what the rep told me. She said it was brand new information and it is slowly trickling down to the customers. They did say they were having technical issues earlier when no one (even the reps) could check out.

We'll find out shortly I suppose.

EDIT: Here's a SS of the live chat.

View media item 2410766

Last edited:
My pure platinums have been in heavy rotation. Haven't worn much else since I got them. Weird thing is I am seeing denim staining on the plastic covering right around the vapormax logo on the heel of the shoe. Nowhere else. Any ideas of what I should try to remove this with? I was going to use jason markk and some warm water.

Last edited:
View media item 2410820Ended up cancelling my IDs. Thought it through and said eff it. Would of preferred a Neon bottom or a triple black but decided I'd rather save my money for the Asphalts.

Tried to finesse the Nike Chat rep to make that reflective swoosh to all black but said he cant :lol:

He hinted about Nike not producing enough units to allocate for the IDs so thats why they were selling out so fast. Kind of makes sense, must be a nightmare to produce these things.

I dont remember Nike ever being unprepared production wise for launch of a new tech like this. Unless they are doing this on purpose to draw hype, I mean its Nike we're dealing with.

They limited every big release this year so I have a feeling they're just pushing low numbers to increase the demand and hype.

I think Nike is just limiting these for the hype.
The whole "Kiss My Airs" campaign was all over social media.

Many took so many L's that month.
That these were somewhat of a limited GR.
Consumers grabbed what they could thinking they would sell out instantly like the AM1's did.
In the end they sold out of the pure platinums and OG.

If they flooded the market no one would want these.
And would sit like these.

View media item 2410855

Pale greys look so similar to platinums... maybe in person the color looks more earth tone?

Back
Top Bottom