Nike Air Yeezy 2 Black / Pink Best Photo Yet Page 1 Vol. LOOK AT THAT SNAKE SHAKE! Updated Nov 1st

Originally Posted by BriaNiLLa

i was not able to get the 1's...will definitely cop this one..gr or not..

7a21548180166f8ac2c0024ee18d4e9e77c2351.gif

you havent even seen the godamn shoe....

pure hype man... smh at some of these ppl...

I'm going to have to cop. Looks like I'll be bringing my girl again. I def would have missed out if she hadn't won with her raffle ticket. 
30t6p3b.gif

I'm going to have to cop. Looks like I'll be bringing my girl again. I def would have missed out if she hadn't won with her raffle ticket. 
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by DeadstockDom

OG Yeezys made out of the finest of premium materials & the best nike shoe made in years. I understand not liking the design but if u see & touch them in person ull love them. I asume due to their limited runs that most people who dont like the shoe have never even seen a pair in person or have a personal problem w kanye. I OWN EACH COLORWAY & THEIR MY FAVORITE KICKS IN MY COLLECTION OF 300+ & yes i hope the AY2s r a GR but please dont cheap out on materials like AJ line
I don't doubt that they do have some great materials. But is it really any better than the few retros out there that do have great quality? It's like people want to try and validate a $300 or $400 dollar purchase by saying they are premium and much much better than anything else available.. Many past GRs, circa 1998-2004, had some great quality. It became the norm.. Then years later as the quality of GR retros goes down hill, Nike and Kanye throw a limited label on a shoe, and basically repackage what we used to get at GR prices into "premium" prices.

We get so used to crap that when something halfway decent comes out, limited no less, there are many to highly praise it.. It shouldn't be that way. Word to the BIN JB series.

OG Yeezys made out of the finest of premium materials & the best nike shoe made in years. I understand not liking the design but if u see & touch them in person ull love them. I asume due to their limited runs that most people who dont like the shoe have never even seen a pair in person or have a personal problem w kanye. I OWN EACH COLORWAY & THEIR MY FAVORITE KICKS IN MY COLLECTION OF 300+ & yes i hope the AY2s r a GR but please dont cheap out on materials like AJ line
I don't doubt that they do have some great materials. But is it really any better than the few retros out there that do have great quality? It's like people want to try and validate a $300 or $400 dollar purchase by saying they are premium and much much better than anything else available.. Many past GRs, circa 1998-2004, had some great quality. It became the norm.. Then years later as the quality of GR retros goes down hill, Nike and Kanye throw a limited label on a shoe, and basically repackage what we used to get at GR prices into "premium" prices.

We get so used to crap that when something halfway decent comes out, limited no less, there are many to highly praise it.. It shouldn't be that way. Word to the BIN JB series.

Originally Posted by never wear them

always liked the first one, the second one looked alot like the yeezy 1 based on the vid...so nevertheless, will still cop...i want to have them yeezys to rock with...

Originally Posted by never wear them

always liked the first one, the second one looked alot like the yeezy 1 based on the vid...so nevertheless, will still cop...i want to have them yeezys to rock with...

Originally Posted by NomadicSole21

Originally Posted by OnionSlice

Never understood why anybody like Yeezy's. I thought they were the ugliest sneaker I've ever seen. Any normal person who doesn't follow sneaker hype seeing them for the first time are like "wow. Those shoes suck".
Air Yeezy = 100% hype, 0% style.

I understand the collecting purposes, but if you actually think the first Yeezy is a good looking sneaker, you got problems
You proably covered 90% of the sneakers you own.  To the average person these sneakers we hunt for are worth @*%# to em.
Yeezys are actually decent...just the hype and price kills it.
The hype really killed this sneaker...people just can't look past the hypebeasts and appreciate the pair. People say, oh "if yeezy's name wasn't on it, nobody would care!" ...well if Yeezy's name wasn't on it...yall wouldn't be hatin as much either.

I think it's a dope design, if anything, it's an homage to classic Nike sneakers, with a slight modern twist. It's simple, but not too simple. If you don't like these, you probably don't like much of the older Nike shoes. A lot of thought and creativity was brought to the table if you read the article about how it was designed, or seen the production photos. Yeezy and company knew what they were doing.

And to top that...the materials, material placement, and colors....just perfectly executed...and different. Where have you seen these colorways before?

kanye-west-air-yeezy-15red.jpg

I mean look at that silhouette
nike-air-yeezy-complex-2.jpg

Never understood why anybody like Yeezy's. I thought they were the ugliest sneaker I've ever seen. Any normal person who doesn't follow sneaker hype seeing them for the first time are like "wow. Those shoes suck".

I understand the collecting purposes, but if you actually think the first Yeezy is a good looking sneaker, you got problems
You proably covered 90% of the sneakers you own.  To the average person these sneakers we hunt for are worth @*%# to em.
The hype really killed this sneaker...people just can't look past the hypebeasts and appreciate the pair. People say, oh "if yeezy's name wasn't on it, nobody would care!" ...well if Yeezy's name wasn't on it...yall wouldn't be hatin as much either.

I think it's a dope design, if anything, it's an homage to classic Nike sneakers, with a slight modern twist. It's simple, but not too simple. If you don't like these, you probably don't like much of the older Nike shoes. A lot of thought and creativity was brought to the table if you read the article about how it was designed, or seen the production photos. Yeezy and company knew what they were doing.

And to top that...the materials, material placement, and colors....just perfectly executed...and different. Where have you seen these colorways before?

Originally Posted by JFMartiMcDandruff

thats all fine and dandy, if nike really have faith in this shoe it shouldn't of made customers jump thru flamin loopholes to get em.

Originally Posted by JFMartiMcDandruff

thats all fine and dandy, if nike really have faith in this shoe it shouldn't of made customers jump thru flamin loopholes to get em.

Originally Posted by WallyHopp

I don't doubt that they do have some great materials. But is it really any better than the few retros out there that do have great quality?

yes.

have you ever held zens or nets in your hands? smelled that leather? slid your feet into them?

they really are amazing quality. i have doubles of each colorway and the ones i wear sit on my shoe shelf in open air in my bedroom, and the leather STILL puts off a smell (different than any leather i've ever smelled), almost 2 years later (been sitting there in open air this entire time)...

and on the contrary of what ol' boy back there was sayin', i've had normal people stop me and ask about my shoes, say how cool they are, and even say they look like marty mcfly's shoes from BTTF2...

you have to understand, just because you think they're ugly, doesn't mean your opinion is truth. some people love the space boot look of them, the strap, the nod to the sneakers that influenced them (namely the air mags marty mcfly wore).

but you're all about foams, which i think are hideous, and you mentioned lebron 8's, which is funny to me as the silhouette of the lebron 8 is soooo much like the silhouette of the yeezys, just minus the strap.

vs.

nike-lebron-8-v1-v2-comparison-3.jpg

roll.gif

don't hate on the yeezys just because they're one of the most hyped shoes of all time, and just because a huge artist is attached to them. the reason why they captured the attention of serious sneaker heads is because they truly live up to the hype. in the original yeezy thread we had 20+ year long sneaker collector vets coming in the thread saying they were the best quality sneaker they'd ever seen nike produce.

it's not all hype.
wink.gif

I don't doubt that they do have some great materials. But is it really any better than the few retros out there that do have great quality?

yes.

have you ever held zens or nets in your hands? smelled that leather? slid your feet into them?

they really are amazing quality. i have doubles of each colorway and the ones i wear sit on my shoe shelf in open air in my bedroom, and the leather STILL puts off a smell (different than any leather i've ever smelled), almost 2 years later (been sitting there in open air this entire time)...

and on the contrary of what ol' boy back there was sayin', i've had normal people stop me and ask about my shoes, say how cool they are, and even say they look like marty mcfly's shoes from BTTF2...

you have to understand, just because you think they're ugly, doesn't mean your opinion is truth. some people love the space boot look of them, the strap, the nod to the sneakers that influenced them (namely the air mags marty mcfly wore).

but you're all about foams, which i think are hideous, and you mentioned lebron 8's, which is funny to me as the silhouette of the lebron 8 is soooo much like the silhouette of the yeezys, just minus the strap.

vs.

nike-lebron-8-v1-v2-comparison-3.jpg

roll.gif

don't hate on the yeezys just because they're one of the most hyped shoes of all time, and just because a huge artist is attached to them. the reason why they captured the attention of serious sneaker heads is because they truly live up to the hype. in the original yeezy thread we had 20+ year long sneaker collector vets coming in the thread saying they were the best quality sneaker they'd ever seen nike produce.

it's not all hype.
wink.gif

OG Yeezys made out of the finest of premium materials & the best nike shoe made in years. I understand not liking the design but if u see & touch them in person ull love them. I asume due to their limited runs that most people who dont like the shoe have never even seen a pair in person or have a personal problem w kanye. I OWN EACH COLORWAY & THEIR MY FAVORITE KICKS IN MY COLLECTION OF 300+

& yes i hope the AY2s r a GR but please dont cheap out on materials like AJ line

Wally I respect your opinion 100% I don't think there are many dudes on here that have love, knowledge, and appreciation for not just trainers but OG's as you do...But...your comment doesn't speak to the Yeezy in particular....it speaks to the company that is Nike...Example, and I'm glad you mentioned the Bins, here is a line of sneakers which produces retro models the way that they intended them to be...the runs are limited...but if you know what your doing..copping shouldn't be a problem...So explain to me the difference with the Yeezy???

Why are Bins respected...When JB clearly been given you Banana shaped, plastic leather, paint chipping garbarge for YEARS..all the sudden comes up with this great idea to please the collectors by not mass producing crap..but makes them go on scavenger hunt to get them..And that is something to praise?!?!?!

Now I'm not sure how much influence Yeezy had in materials, design, etc..but they are all top notch..@NINJAHOOD based on the unproven successful of a Kanye West sneaker..the cost to create the item with GITD etc...No WAY Nike would mass produce these with out testing the market...they didn't want to end up like much of the Adidas Def Jam series which bricked out or Mike Jackson Collabo with LA Gear (who the hell thought those would sell???) which are on eBay for like $20...so they produced a limited run to test the Market...

Again I'm glad you mentioned the BINS because these are much the same way...my only fear is much like the Bins have increased production, some saying decreasing in quality...I hope they don't sacrifice all that was right with the first Yeezy..to mass produce to the market...I'm not saying don't make if GR..I'm just saying it's like making food...if you produce large quantities for a buffet..some of (actually ALOT of it) won't be cooked right..it's about Mass Quantites...if you make made to order..it will be MUCH better..but cost a little more or you might have to wait..

OG Yeezys made out of the finest of premium materials & the best nike shoe made in years. I understand not liking the design but if u see & touch them in person ull love them. I asume due to their limited runs that most people who dont like the shoe have never even seen a pair in person or have a personal problem w kanye. I OWN EACH COLORWAY & THEIR MY FAVORITE KICKS IN MY COLLECTION OF 300+

& yes i hope the AY2s r a GR but please dont cheap out on materials like AJ line

Wally I respect your opinion 100% I don't think there are many dudes on here that have love, knowledge, and appreciation for not just trainers but OG's as you do...But...your comment doesn't speak to the Yeezy in particular....it speaks to the company that is Nike...Example, and I'm glad you mentioned the Bins, here is a line of sneakers which produces retro models the way that they intended them to be...the runs are limited...but if you know what your doing..copping shouldn't be a problem...So explain to me the difference with the Yeezy???

Why are Bins respected...When JB clearly been given you Banana shaped, plastic leather, paint chipping garbarge for YEARS..all the sudden comes up with this great idea to please the collectors by not mass producing crap..but makes them go on scavenger hunt to get them..And that is something to praise?!?!?!

Now I'm not sure how much influence Yeezy had in materials, design, etc..but they are all top notch..@NINJAHOOD based on the unproven successful of a Kanye West sneaker..the cost to create the item with GITD etc...No WAY Nike would mass produce these with out testing the market...they didn't want to end up like much of the Adidas Def Jam series which bricked out or Mike Jackson Collabo with LA Gear (who the hell thought those would sell???) which are on eBay for like $20...so they produced a limited run to test the Market...

Again I'm glad you mentioned the BINS because these are much the same way...my only fear is much like the Bins have increased production, some saying decreasing in quality...I hope they don't sacrifice all that was right with the first Yeezy..to mass produce to the market...I'm not saying don't make if GR..I'm just saying it's like making food...if you produce large quantities for a buffet..some of (actually ALOT of it) won't be cooked right..it's about Mass Quantites...if you make made to order..it will be MUCH better..but cost a little more or you might have to wait..

DJ Proto J wrote:
don't hate on the yeezys just because they're one of the most hyped shoes of all time, and just because a huge artist is attached to them.
Why do people keep saying "don't hate on the Yeezy's because Kanye is attached to them" or "most people hate them because Kanye"???????????? 
Has anyone that says they don't like the Yeezy's even mentioned Kanye West? I certainly haven't. It doesn't matter who's name is attached to it. They could be George W. Bush's signature kicks for all I care. I look at the sneaker and I think it's ugly. I actually like Kanye West, but to me, this sneaker is wack.

DJ Proto J wrote:
don't hate on the yeezys just because they're one of the most hyped shoes of all time, and just because a huge artist is attached to them.
Why do people keep saying "don't hate on the Yeezy's because Kanye is attached to them" or "most people hate them because Kanye"???????????? 
Has anyone that says they don't like the Yeezy's even mentioned Kanye West? I certainly haven't. It doesn't matter who's name is attached to it. They could be George W. Bush's signature kicks for all I care. I look at the sneaker and I think it's ugly. I actually like Kanye West, but to me, this sneaker is wack.

Originally Posted by moneymike88

I just read through 9 pages of people complaining about people lining up for a sneaker before them.

I read the last page and got exactly what you got reading 9 pages
frown.gif

Originally Posted by moneymike88

I just read through 9 pages of people complaining about people lining up for a sneaker before them.

I read the last page and got exactly what you got reading 9 pages
frown.gif

DJ Proto J wrote:

because the number 1 thing people go to when trying to diss yeezys is "they're only popular because of kanye"...

i wasn't much of a kanye fan when yeezys dropped, and couldn't care less how hyped they were, i just genuinely liked the space boot look of them. they reminded me of a mid top cut of the air mcfly's, which i love. if they were a GR with no name attached to them, sitting on the shelves at footlocker, i woulda still copped.

so that pretty much nulls and voids the argument that anyone who likes or owns them is a hype beast or kanye stan.

and nice way to avoid the point i brought up of how similar the lebron 8(one of your favs) and the yeezy's shape is (it's pretty muchidentical, minus the strap. i could almost guarantee you the designer of the lebron 8 would admit to it being influenced by the shape of yeezys).

it's allgood tho man, it's your opinion. but to come in here sayin' "anyone who thinks these shoes look good has got problems" is just that, your opinion. it's not fact, so stop acting like your opinion is absolute truth. there's a reason why people love these shoes beyond the hype, beyond the artist who designed them, some actually love the look of the shoe, no matter what you say or think.

i don't get why these cats come up in here just to diss the sneaker anyways, if you really don't like it then move on to a thread about a shoe you do like. i dunno, just me i guess, but i'd never go into a thread about a shoe i already know i don't like and diss it like i'm trying to prove something to a bunch of people who like it. it's not like anything you say is gonna change people's opinion.
indifferent.gif

DJ Proto J wrote:

because the number 1 thing people go to when trying to diss yeezys is "they're only popular because of kanye"...

i wasn't much of a kanye fan when yeezys dropped, and couldn't care less how hyped they were, i just genuinely liked the space boot look of them. they reminded me of a mid top cut of the air mcfly's, which i love. if they were a GR with no name attached to them, sitting on the shelves at footlocker, i woulda still copped.

so that pretty much nulls and voids the argument that anyone who likes or owns them is a hype beast or kanye stan.

and nice way to avoid the point i brought up of how similar the lebron 8(one of your favs) and the yeezy's shape is (it's pretty muchidentical, minus the strap. i could almost guarantee you the designer of the lebron 8 would admit to it being influenced by the shape of yeezys).

it's allgood tho man, it's your opinion. but to come in here sayin' "anyone who thinks these shoes look good has got problems" is just that, your opinion. it's not fact, so stop acting like your opinion is absolute truth. there's a reason why people love these shoes beyond the hype, beyond the artist who designed them, some actually love the look of the shoe, no matter what you say or think.

i don't get why these cats come up in here just to diss the sneaker anyways, if you really don't like it then move on to a thread about a shoe you do like. i dunno, just me i guess, but i'd never go into a thread about a shoe i already know i don't like and diss it like i'm trying to prove something to a bunch of people who like it. it's not like anything you say is gonna change people's opinion.
indifferent.gif

Back
Top Bottom