Nike debuts New Air Trainer 1- Set to release 7/1/2009 (aka the manny trainers)

they better be releasing the ROY and AMARE knows tee's, they are
pimp.gif

These shoes have such a NICE look to them . Cant wait to test them out and really see how they perform .
All the pics of the different colorways makes them look ever better.
I wonder if these well hit NIKE ID ??? Seems like they well .
CANT WAIT TO COP .

ooh....these are real nice, I can't wait. I'm really going to look foward to these. Are they going to release that chlorophyl(sp?) colorway?

I think these look awesome, but to be honest, I'm not 100% sold on them yet (they're growing on me though)... the 'deal breaker' is the lack ofan outrigger and forefoot strap, which to me has always been a 'signature' of the Air Trainer. Gimme Wally's PS and I'm sold. However, giventheir use of a Free outsole, I dunno how an outrigger would affect the structure/functionality of a Free outsole. Having said all that, I'll probably cavewhen they drop. Bo's 1 of 1's are amazing.

Good to see Nike doing some decent promo on these...

Originally Posted by AllDay AllNight

Wally I know I was just talking to you about the 2008 ZT1/Zoom Tennis Trainers, but it looks like I can hold off getting a pair of those if I can get these sometime soon
laugh.gif

IMO, if you can find a good deal on a pair of Zoom Tennis Trainers, go for it. Its one of my most comfortable shoes and with its price (MSRP of $80, Ithink?), I think it was one of the most underated shoes of 2008.
Originally Posted by BP the owner

A+ thread Wally!

i'm about to sign up for that nikemedia, i just might be back this weekend with something to look at
nerd.gif

BP, I'll be expecting some PS's from you...
lol.gif

Some nice colorways here, be interested to see if nike have these on ID give people the control to make their own colorway.

Roy Knows
smile.gif

Originally Posted by KeonClark7

Does the upper even have Flywire? I haven't read or heard in the videos that it does...

me either.. the only mention of flywire is a few blogs naming the manny trainer the "manny x air trainer flywire", but that ofcourse was before the"debut" article and video which has no mention.. in the press release in this paragraph:
A lightweight upper, with midfoot and forefoot overlays connected to the lacing system, works with an inner Dynamic Fit sleeve to provide a secure, glove-like fit and the lock-down support a foot needs. The mid-sole also features a Nike Max Air unit in the heel to provide impact protection and comfort.
that is the one true place to mention something spectacular like a flywire incorporation, but its not listed.

suguruvstotoro, thats the "evolution of nike trainers" for ya..zoom tr in 07 had a strap but the whole sparq and edge line which is about 15-17 models, the past 2 years worth of nike trainers, all are without it..

another thing im not exactly buying from the videos.. Is lighter really better? im a big person. i need some feeling of stability. a velcro strap does anawesome job of locking a foot in place.. also, synthetic materials are hardier, more durable, likely stronger, and cheaper, but there is truly nothing like asoft suede finish on a shoe.. comfort and flexibility is almost second rate here as they push this new age stuff like they have some sort of agenda. A monetaryagenda.. there is literally nothing wrong with the materials of yesteryear. but what do i know

all i do know is, the stiffness of the synthetic suede toebox that appears to be apparent on this model is far from desirable as it looks to be the same as the2002 and 2008 at1s. and if anyone knows me here, the must have at1 model is with the quality of the 2000 make.
f9d35ce2403669d9ccadc21db4193061a85761c.jpg

I won't fall into the hype just yet. nike retros have been pushing synthetic materials since atleast 2002 on the vast majority of their models. Yet somehowthey are being praised here? Stronger, yes. More durable, yes. Less flexbility, yes. Loss of softness in the materials, yes. I mean who are we kidding here?I'm glad a place like NT is around where we can be objective about certain items

I'll push until i die, this model right here:
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

-original material quality
-sample seperated toebox, which at the time couldnt be done construction wise. but models like the zoom trainer and at1 ft accomplished that.. IT'S TIMENIKE.
fde35df34c446b65ca17ca0db12ba0f9a6f6192.jpg

^ Dude I'm with you on those... AT1xZT1xATFT... the way it was meant to be...

But regarding the flywire, looking at the shoe and the 'lines' on the upper, one would automatically assume that there is Flywire... but after lookingat their 'tech sheet', there wasn't really a mention of it...

Looking at this though and as Wally pointed out...

Not a spoiler... just a huge-*** pic... full-rez... "Midfoot overlays" instead of "Flywire"...
Spoiler [+]

I'm with you Wally, I'm leery of the materials on this shoe. the '08 ZTRs is a great shoe, but the materials, which was supposed to help durabilityI found were lacking in flexibility and comfort.

I don't mind the synthetic materials on the '02 and '08 AT1s since they are of a softer more flexible construction, but from that close up of theTR1 it looks to be the same materials used for the ZTRs.
frown.gif

When Nike builds hype like this, especialy on a trainer, its for a reason: They know they have a product that will be well recieved on all accounts. These area steal for $90 and they resisted use of lunar foam, so durability should be good. It is flywire built into the upper, quality on these is some of the besti've seen in a long time. This is what the big names at Nike have been hard at work on since they finished up on the hyperdunk last year. This is the newgym shoe and the launch cw is impressive, trust. Once you hold these, you will not resist being able to pick up.

Well-done BP! wow, I had to do a double-take on that outsole... nicely 'fused'.

hey guys who's the guy with ethe carolina blue trainer 1s? also would want a closeup on amare's pair.....

BP, those are nice.

i agree with the other guy though.. give me laser blue, infrared, lance armstrong yellow as a pop color instead and i'd be sold.

suede instead of gray synthetic would be a nice option, but not a deal-breaker.

Back
Top Bottom