Nike Employee's

I hate when there's full price items on swoosh that shouldn't be full price.

I've been wanting 2 pairs of sock darts for like 3 weeks now and THOSE 2 colors are full price. I don't get it
What they`re doing now is waiting until the shoe sells a certain amount before allowing it on swoosh........There no timetable on it anymore.

Yo! I got a call last week from the person that hire and offered me the job and sent me the email for a background check from Sterling and I did it that day it was a Tuesday (Background check wasnt completed until Friday). How long will it take for me to get the call to sign papers?

Yo! I got a call last week from the person that hire and offered me the job and sent me the email for a background check from Sterling and I did it that day it was a Tuesday (Background check wasnt completed until Friday). How long will it take for me to get the call to sign papers?

My interview was yesterday. They sent the background check email an hour later. I just got the offer 24 hours later. Overall, a 24 hour process.

My interview was yesterday. They sent the background check email an hour later. I just got the offer 24 hours later. Overall, a 24 hour process.
Congrats my guy! The HR called me last week and offered me the job and my pay/hour and said that I needed to do the background check (passed) and then said that they'll keep in touch with me. Just wondering if I should hit up the HR to see what's up or just wait it out but again congrats bruh!

So Nike supplies you a uniform including shoes? Can you pick the shoes?

Congrats my guy! The HR called me last week and offered me the job and my pay/hour and said that I needed to do the background check (passed) and then said that they'll keep in touch with me. Just wondering if I should hit up the HR to see what's up or just wait it out but again congrats bruh!

Thanks! Congrats to you too. I would just wait it out since they offered you the job, but I'm still awaiting my email with my next steps.

How strict are they with who you put down on your swoosh access list? Do they ever verify?

Is it true that Nike employees get discounted or free membership to commercial gyms? Like Planet Fitness, 24 hour fitness, etc..

Or is that a myth?

Is it true that Nike employees get discounted or free membership to commercial gyms? Like Planet Fitness, 24 hour fitness, etc..

Or is that a myth?
True, there are certain gyms you get discounts at, your store should be able to provide you with info on the ones near you that do.

Okay I've heard different things about billing so I'll ask.

From my understanding, you and every family member linked to the account should only use a card in their name and ship to the address on the card only. That's understood.

However, my question is can you use multiple cards? Could I order using both my debit and credit card (different orders of course)? Could I have multiple cards on the account with the same address attached to them? Just asking because I know family members (like my mom) will probably use different cards at different times, but as long as its all done from the same address it's good right?

Also, if I put my girlfriend on my account, will Nike check up on it? Or if she keeps it low key and doesn't break any rules she'll be good?

Okay I've heard different things about billing so I'll ask.

From my understanding, you and every family member linked to the account should only use a card in their name and ship to the address on the card only. That's understood.

However, my question is can you use multiple cards? Could I order using both my debit and credit card (different orders of course)? Could I have multiple cards on the account with the same address attached to them? Just asking because I know family members (like my mom) will probably use different cards at different times, but as long as its all done from the same address it's good right?

Also, if I put my girlfriend on my account, will Nike check up on it? Or if she keeps it low key and doesn't break any rules she'll be good?

The name on the card has to match the name you put on the family list or the name on swoosh. I ordered things to different addresses than the card address with no problems on swoosh.

If you or your mom are going to use multiple cards that's fine, just make sure the name on their card is the same as the name of the nike account it is tied to either in store or swoosh. If you pay with cash in person in a store it doesn't matter they check ID anyway.

As far as swoosh goes I have never had an issue with sending to a different address other than my own. I had my girlfriend on swoosh and had sent stuff to her house while I had the discount. No issues, they say it's ok for you to buy people gifts on your account so they would have to assume you might ship them to different parts of the country. As long as the money is coming from your card it shouldn't raise red flags.

Now if you start buying stuff for people on swoosh and middle manning for cash, that's on you. But ppl do get fired for it or lose their discount.

The name on the card has to match the name you put on the family list or the name on swoosh. I ordered things to different addresses than the card address with no problems on swoosh.

If you or your mom are going to use multiple cards that's fine, just make sure the name on their card is the same as the name of the nike account it is tied to either in store or swoosh. If you pay with cash in person in a store it doesn't matter they check ID anyway.

As far as swoosh goes I have never had an issue with sending to a different address other than my own. I had my girlfriend on swoosh and had sent stuff to her house while I had the discount. No issues, they say it's ok for you to buy people gifts on your account so they would have to assume you might ship them to different parts of the country. As long as the money is coming from your card it shouldn't raise red flags.

Now if you start buying stuff for people on swoosh and middle manning for cash, that's on you. But ppl do get fired for it or lose their discount.

So assuming I'm buying for my girlfriend, as long as it's bought with my card I'm good? Not like I'll be buying in bulk every month, but if I'm buying for her with some degree of frequency (once a month lets say) I'm fine?

Would it be a red flag if my mom were to use her account to order gifts for my girlfriend to give to me for occasions like my birthday/christmas/our anniversary etc? I assume it all just comes back to my mom using her card for the order? There's no way they could determine who my mom is buying for much less if my girlfriend was giving my mom cash for it correct?

Also, before I send out invites is it required that I return the family member sheet they gave me to fill out for the employee store? It didn't say anything about online/in-store. It seems like it's more for the physical employee store. Or will they verify my invites with the names I put on the sheet?

So assuming I'm buying for my girlfriend, as long as it's bought with my card I'm good? Not like I'll be buying in bulk every month, but if I'm buying for her with some degree of frequency (once a month lets say) I'm fine?

Would it be a red flag if my mom were to use her account to order gifts for my girlfriend to give to me for occasions like my birthday/christmas/our anniversary etc? I assume it all just comes back to my mom using her card for the order? There's no way they could determine who my mom is buying for much less if my girlfriend was giving my mom cash for it correct?

Also, before I send out invites is it required that I return the family member sheet they gave me to fill out for the employee store? It didn't say anything about online/in-store. It seems like it's more for the physical employee store. Or will they verify my invites with the names I put on the sheet?

As long as your mother or you is paying for it with a card that has your name on it, you're good. I bought stuff for my girlfriend and wouod have mixed orders of stuff for me and stuff for her and never had an issue. If your mom is ordering clothes it wouod be a women ordering women's clothing, they would have no reason to think anything of it.

The sheet you fill out in store is for in store discounts. When you go to a cash wrap, or them, they say it's an EP, they look up your employee number and the names you listed on the sheet will pop up in the system. They verify an ID and then discount happens. You'll see it within a week of working at tour store for sure. Super simple.

For swoosh, it's an entire different entity. You log in to your swoosh account and can send invites. You will see a list set up similar to the paper you filled out. It will have spouse/partner, family listings, etc and you can click a spot and send an email to whoever you want. I put my girlfriend in the partner spot and had my mom and sister on swoosh as well.

There are a ton of other spots so you can do what you want with them as swoosh simply asks to verify an email and the names on the invite will need to match the names on the cards used for purchase. Do what You want with them at your own discretion as everything that happens on your swoosh or family list goes back to your name and if something fishy happens or they flag your account you can have your discounts suspended or even fired if it's something egregious. Give your swoosh out to ppl you trust and those that wont abuse it is my advice. You can always order it yourself for them. But if they screw you over then everybody loses. Just my 2 cents.

Enjoy being a part of the swoosh family. Working for nike is great even if it's a retail position. Try to save your money and if you spend less than half of your checks the first 2 months you work there you're doing pretty good haha. You'll honestly find super steals and crazy returns at your store that you'll end up buying more from there than swoosh.

Thanks for all the help! Like you said, I HAVE to chill with the spending. There's WAY too many crazy deals already. In-store is even worse when you add in hash discounts and the like. I just found out I can't use survey coupons. Am I also unable to stack FNF coupons on top of my 30%? If not, it's gonna be lit. :pimp:

I just wrapped up training and I love it. The job is super easy. Just smile, be friendly, talk shoes, and do your best to match the customer with the right product. I'm picking up everything real easily. It's a great fit.

That's why I wanted to be sure about Swoosh. I don't want to jeopardize anything. My girlfriend and I have been together for 4 years and more than likely will be married some day so I really wanted to show her love with the discount. I guess my best bet is to have her on Swoosh, but not in-store? Would be obvious we aren't married.

Thanks for all the help! Like you said, I HAVE to chill with the spending. There's WAY too many crazy deals already. In-store is even worse when you add in hash discounts and the like. I just found out I can't use survey coupons. Am I also unable to stack FNF coupons on top of my 30%? If not, it's gonna be lit. :pimp:

I just wrapped up training and I love it. The job is super easy. Just smile, be friendly, talk shoes, and do your best to match the customer with the right product. I'm picking up everything real easily. It's a great fit.

That's why I wanted to be sure about Swoosh. I don't want to jeopardize anything. My girlfriend and I have been together for 4 years and more than likely will be married some day so I really wanted to show her love with the discount. I guess my best bet is to have her on Swoosh, but not in-store? Would be obvious we aren't married.

Correct about the swoosh vs in-store with your girlfriend. It's easy enough to do it in-store with you there since you're together anyway. You cannot use FnF rewards but your discount is still higher than those cards. And for my region during FnF the in store went up to 40% so it was higher anyway. Stacking discounts is what makes the in store so much better. That's why you usually end up buying more from your store than swoosh IMO. And the survey coupons you can't use either. But you could use them at a different store without your employee discount if you wanted to grab some socks or something that's like 9 or 10 dollars and get them free essentially.

The job was a lot of fun for me. Just inform the consumer and the more you stay up to date with product information the better you will be. Sign up for as many classes or product trials as you can. Volunteer for workout programs etc. You'll get paid to run or workout, learn a bunch about the shoes and equipment, and if you go to a big hosted event you will get to keep the shoes too.

I don't have to worry about my girlfriend shipping stuff to her house do I? Not a big deal? Since she'd be listed as spouse/partner and us shipping to two different addresses.

Do the same rules apply for her as well as far as gifts? If she orders something for me or her brother does it raise and red flags?

Last edited:
Hey everyone so I applied to Nike and I had my phone ad group interview already. It has been a week since I interviewed with them. Do they notify you if you got the job or not? I applied to Niketown NY btw.

I don't have to worry about my girlfriend shipping stuff to her house do I? Not a big deal? Since she'd be listed as spouse/partner and us shipping to two different addresses.

Do the same rules apply for her as well as far as gifts? If she orders something for me or her brother does it raise and red flags?

Make sure she uses her own CC, and no one elses.

Back
Top Bottom