Nike Flyknit Free Run June/July 2013

anyone guys know where i can find NIKE FREE FLYKNIT+  any website ??  except Nike Store

Last edited:
i ordered a half size up, because tts in the new 3.0 and 5.0 is too tight for me, and they would probably say they're supposed to be true to size, too; i think it would be unusual if a rep said you would have to size up or down in order to get the correct fit. i also like wearing the half cushioned dri-fit socks that are thicker at the toe and heel, anyway

Last edited:
someone on another forum said this about them:
Oddly enough, my local footlocker put out the flyknit frees for sale. I checked them out this weekend. Nice, but i'm not so sure I want to pay $160 for a Free. They run super tight and are clearly designed to be worn sockless. I had to size up a whole size and those fit snug. They put out both the volt and red/blacks.

Ehhh I have a hard time believing that you would need to go a whole size up. I'm gonna go out and hunt for them tomorrow to see if any spot has them early. I'm glad to see it's not just an NDC release

Prototypes with the 3.0 sole...

View media item 508004

this is totally what tourists wear to, around, and in Waikiki beach. and there is no coral or reef in the popular areas along Waikiki.

what is the purpose of this picture anyway? not asking why ILL Ray posted it, but if I'm in R&D and my people gave me a picture like this I'd scold them, put them on timeout, and demand they put tissue inside before taking a picture.

this is totally what tourists wear to, around, and in Waikiki beach. and there is no coral or reef in the popular areas along Waikiki.

what is the purpose of this picture anyway? not asking why ILL Ray posted it, but if I'm in R&D and my people gave me a picture like this I'd scold them, put them on timeout, and demand they put tissue inside before taking a picture.
I think that they are trying to make a point about how the flyknit is so sock-like, it lays like a sock.  Putting padding in there would not convey that message.

Those pictures just convince me even more that 3.0 > 5.0.

I also doubt that you'd have to go a full size up. The only way I can see that is if someone likes a lot of extra room.

I think that they are trying to make a point about how the flyknit is so sock-like, it lays like a sock.  Putting padding in there would not convey that message.

I get what you're saying. but I'm not talking about padding. I'm talking about tissue or stuffing. it looks like a deflated balloon.

I get what you're saying. but I'm not talking about padding. I'm talking about tissue or stuffing. it looks like a deflated balloon.
My point is that they wanted it to looked like a deflated balloon.  They didn't need tissue/stuffing (or padding).

Those pictures just convince me even more that 3.0 > 5.0.

I also doubt that you'd have to go a full size up. The only way I can see that is if someone likes a lot of extra room.
You'd have to be a fool to go a full size up. They fit TTS and are snug. Sockless is the way to go and also they could have made them laceless. The upper is so form fitting you really don't need laces. Maybe if you're sprinting or something...

I really hope when/if we ever get a flyknit free 3.0 they redesign the upper. I don't mind the sock look but the wavy lines on the side really aren't that nice to me. ID like them to look more like flyknit trainers or lunars just with the sock like structure.

short review of the flyknit frees vs hyperfeel

http://www.pocket-lint.com/news/122...feel-first-run-using-nike-s-new-running-shoes

doesn't look like the hyperfeel is going to give me what i was hoping....aka a perfect all around gym shoe that is low to the ground. Saying it has more spring basically means its not gonna be a go to for squats and deadlifs....still using my 3.0s i guess

Last edited:
Folks is it me or does the LONDON one look IDENTICAL to the Normal Black/Grey/White one that's being released on 8/1? I think the Only Difference is a Grey Swoosh vs. White Swoosh on the regular and of course the LDN Mark... but not sure if its worth the Extra Money to be spent on acquiring the London version! 

Folks is it me or does the LONDON one look IDENTICAL to the Normal Black/Grey/White one that's being released on 8/1? I think the Only Difference is a Grey Swoosh vs. White Swoosh on the regular and of course the LDN Mark... but not sure if its worth the Extra Money to be spent on acquiring the London version!

The city pack and the GRs are all pretty similar to one another. Between the LDNs and GRs, the Swoosh and the midsole rim are different.

Personally, I'd prefer the LDN's upper paired with the GR sole unit. But, as is, I like the LDNs more, as I really dislike White Swooshes.

Went by my local Finishline to see if j could convince the sales rep to bust out the shoe early for me to try on, hold, see in hand, etc. wouldn't let me actually try in on but definitely got to see it. Found it super funny that the rep told me how much he loved Flyknits and Frees but that the new flyknit free was the biggest piece of s*** nike could have come up. In no way was it even worth anything close to the Msrp in his mind. Had to agree with him

These Flyknit Frees are really starting to grow on me, contemplating on pre-ordering but may have to go in to an NT and try on a pair to see how it looks first.

And I thought we would be able to get these for FREE, hence the name. Heh... bad joke I know 
roll.gif

Went by my local Finishline to see if j could convince the sales rep to bust out the shoe early for me to try on, hold, see in hand, etc. wouldn't let me actually try in on but definitely got to see it. Found it super funny that the rep told me how much he loved Flyknits and Frees but that the new flyknit free was the biggest piece of s*** nike could have come up. In no way was it even worth anything close to the Msrp in his mind. Had to agree with him

Damb. I'm a fan of the same techs (and Lunar). I don't want to get my hopes too high for these to later become disappointed (i.e. ZFKs).

On a sidenote, I still feel like the FK x Lunar is a perfect marriage.

Last edited:
On a sidenote, I still feel like the FK x Lunar is a perfect marriage.
It is, but MOST especially with the HTMs.  The LG4/5 sole isn't as good as the lunartrainer sole.  When I try on the Lunaracer 3, that's what I wish the Fk1s felt like.

I'm really looking for Nike to make a stability FK shoe.  FK with the actual LG4/5 sole and dynamic support = FK I can actually run in.

Like this?
View media item 508528
I saw these on eBay last week or so for $110 shipped (?) BIN. If they were my size, I'd scoop with the quickness. The buyer of the OG auction wants almost 10 fold the amount they paid, but hey you can't knock the hustle (I suppose).

Last edited:
Like this?

I saw these on eBay last week or so for $110 shipped (?) BIN. If they were my size, I'd scoop with the quickness. The buyer of the OG auction wants almost 10 fold the amount they paid, but hey you can't knock the hustle (I suppose).
Yup--exactly.  Saw those too. 

Back
Top Bottom