Nike Flyknit Lunar3 ( 698181) March 1st 2015

Hype or not, for me, the colorways have been disappointing... After seeing that Grey/Volt cw, I think I'll be passing. iD is the only thing I like about these ATM. It's unfortunate because the upper looks so aesthetically pleasing.

Yeah, it sucks that the iDs options are so lacking. Can think of some CW I'd love to make, but we have literally three options for 80% of the shoe.

the colorways have been disappointing, but compared to the 2s, these 3s have already surpassed them imo

the colorways have been disappointing, but compared to the 2s, these 3s have already surpassed them imo
Word, the FL2 cws were a letdown as well. So much potential with this shoe though, it hurts lol!

Still no word on the all grey female's cw? :nerd:

Will they at least be GR so I know for sure I could cop?
Wouldn't surprise me if those were sample pics that were changed to the b/w pair since I'm fairly certain that's whAt ended up shipping. Most recent example I can think of is the Jordan 10 "Venom Green" that they ended up changing the whole sole color blocking weeks before release and were different than all the pics people had seen leading up. Not sure if this is the case here or not, but wouldn't surprise me if Nike just goofed.

In terms of quality cws (IMO), the quantity of them is on par with the 2s, if that makes sense. There are only three I like, but I wouldn't purchase unless I find them deeply discounted. The 1s, on the other hand, had so many!

Agreed. The colors the ones released in were way superior to what we've seen in the last two models. So many classics. Still need to get my hand on the sprite colorway!

I would love to see the ID have options to make the back/front of the uppers different colors (including multicolor). Have options like Grey, Red, Black, Navy, Orange, Blue, Yellow, Green, Volt, along with Multi, etc...Some awesome combinations could be made. Such limited options for such a high-potential shoe.

Got my pair from rrs (in an rrs box, not nike for whafever reason). Initial impression is underwhelming, hoping to take advantage of their 90 day trial period before making a decision on whether or not to keep them. Plan was to wear them for training and short (3-10 miles) runs

Got my pair from rrs (in an rrs box, not nike for whafever reason). Initial impression is underwhelming, hoping to take advantage of their 90 day trial period before making a decision on whether or not to keep them. Plan was to wear them for training and short (3-10 miles) runs
dude, there's a big discrepancy between 3-10 miles lol

dude, there's a big discrepancy between 3-10 miles lol

It's probably 3 mile hard run one day and a 10 mile easy one day, other days somewhere in between or a variant of these distances spread over the coming weeks

Last edited:
Not sure if anyone mentioned the FSR on the black CW's on NDC, hope the resellers see that the hype on there are officially dead. 

Not sure if anyone mentioned the FSR on the black CW's on NDC, hope the resellers see that the hype on there are officially dead. 

Yeah it was restocked a couple of days ago. Looks like the resellers realized they can't make any money off of the BWs so they're sitting now lol

Got my BW from FNL and immediately took it out for a spin (5K).

FWIW I was pleasantly surprised that the regular width version still allowed my toes to splay out nicely.

Much improved from the FK L2, better than the FK Trainer and Racer, kinda similar somewhat to the FK Free 4.0, upper-wise (wide feet, marathon runner)

Now I have to decide what to do with my wide width MC iD pair (the main reason I went iD was bec of the wide option).

Was the wide one considerably wider yuan standard width? I felt the forefoot tightness of the Flywire like many others but someone did tell me after he broke them in it was fine afterwards.

And regarding the colors, don't forget both the L1 and L2 definitely put out the weaker colors on the front waves of releases. Some of the L3s are very appealing in my book but don't drop until Fall and Holiday

Was the wide one considerably wider yuan standard width? I felt the forefoot tightness of the Flywire like many others but someone did tell me after he broke them in it was fine afterwards.

And regarding the colors, don't forget both the L1 and L2 definitely put out the weaker colors on the front waves of releases. Some of the L3s are very appealing in my book but don't drop until Fall and Holiday

The wide was definitely much wider but the regular wasn't restrictive at all even for a wide footer like me. For me, the iD (MC) is not worth the extra $$$ just to get the wide option and as you've said, the colors aren't all that. The BW pair was copped using my $20 FNL rewards so not bad at all.

Nice grey accents on the MC ids up there. Looks a lot better than I thought it would. As far as sizing, imo unless you have wide feet tts would be fine for running as well. Best bet is try them on but that's easier said than done.

Back
Top Bottom