Nike Free Mercurial Superfly & Nike Magista Footscape

Thinking about dying my volts white. Anyone know anything about dying flyinits or more specifically dying these?

Thinking about dying my volts white. Anyone know anything about dying flyinits or more specifically dying these?
Talked to an Angelus paint customer service once about painting flyknit. They said to mix their angelus paint with GAC, which is a medium to help paint be more flexible and adhere better. They said not to use dye because it would fade/bleed. Never done it, but you can start your search there.

I was actually thinking about painting my volts black. Probably won't for awhile though.

Last edited:
Talked to an Angelus paint customer service once about painting flyknit. They said to mix their angelus paint with GAC, which is a medium to help paint be more flexible and adhere better. They said not to use dye because it would fade/bleed. Never done it, but you can start your search there.

I was actually thinking about painting my volts black. Probably won't for awhile though.

Yeah the flyknit on these is so flexible and stretchy that im afraid paint would work terribly. I will contact angelus or maybe ask a customizer what they suggest.

i heard the paint works nicely BUT when it dries it hardens the material..couple dudes in the other forums dyed/painted the tongues on there multis from grey to black..i asked a couple of them they said it hardens the material.

Like I said, you're supposed to mix the paint with GAC 900:

http://www.michaels.com/golden-artist-colors-gac-900/10121245.html

which is designed to work with paint to make it more soft and pliable for clothing applications. I wouldn't doubt that some hardening occurs regardless, but probably less likely to crack or be extra stiff.
yea it still makes it stiff even with the gac...idk if it would be worth it for ur mercs to be all stiff but who knows until u try it 

Last edited:

First picture is alright, second makes them look so stiff and ugly
well dude they are stiff actually idk if u ever had a pair of elasticos  because they are covered in nikeskin which is plastic texture unlike the mercurials (those are all soft flyknit)

Thread kind of quiet being that the mercurial gold cr7s just released on ndc. Only atc & bots got them from what i can see. Nike doesn't care either.

Last edited:
Wait so they have bots copping indoor soccer shoes now?

What is the world coming to :smh:

was able to miraculously score the magistas on ndc on the release (black cw). i've worn them for two weeks straight exploring tokyo and this shoe is definitely worth every penny for me. low maintenance, comfortable, functional and practical, the only thing i regret is not wearing a pedometer to calculate how many miles i've put on them in such a short span. after taking what i consider a pretty tough beating around the city, they still look like theyre fresh out of the box. really pleased with this shoe and would recommend a pair whole heartedly to anyone debating (if theyve located their size). i went TTS and I've had no complaints. I can also see why others would recommend .5 size down but either one would have sufficed, personally.

was able to miraculously score the magistas on ndc on the release (black cw). i've worn them for two weeks straight exploring tokyo and this shoe is definitely worth every penny for me. low maintenance, comfortable, functional and practical, the only thing i regret is not wearing a pedometer to calculate how many miles i've put on them in such a short span. after taking what i consider a pretty tough beating around the city, they still look like theyre fresh out of the box. really pleased with this shoe and would recommend a pair whole heartedly to anyone debating (if theyve located their size). i went TTS and I've had no complaints. I can also see why others would recommend .5 size down but either one would have sufficed, personally.
i agree with you. I got the black ones and I have worn them a good bit and they are unbelievably comfortable and still look like they're fresh out of the box. I was impressed enough to drop the $ to get the grey ones as well. These things are amazing.

i agree with you. I got the black ones and I have worn them a good bit and they are unbelievably comfortable and still look like they're fresh out of the box. I was impressed enough to drop the $ to get the grey ones as well. These things are amazing.
Paid $300 for my greys, worth every single penny.  Wear them every chance i get.  Flexin on my dog walks hahaha

might be acting like a ***** but does the wrinkley sole bother anyone on the magistas . got a pair of ndc too miraculously in my size and love em 

Last edited:
whats the going rate for the superfly htm?

the grey and navy pair..

planning to pick up a size 8.5 but dont know what to offer.. its DS

Back
Top Bottom