Nike HYP Chase (ASG, Fragment Design Trio Released 2/12/2015)

Thanks bro, well I have a quick rant

I find it funny that before people wore these they were saying these should be the kobe x and after wearing em they are thrashing the shoe

What I'm tryna say is at the end of the day sig shoes are performance based not really aesthetics focused, and im tired of people bashing a shoe just cause it doesn't please your eyes

But im really feeling these I'm def gonna hold em

Not true at all. The goal is to be both.

The majority of people buying basketball kicks aren't buying them for the court, especially $200 and $225 kicks

20 years later why is the Air Max 95 still desirable? and Nike able to make money off it?

I find it funny that before people wore these they were saying these should be the kobe x and after wearing em they are thrashing the shoe

What I'm tryna say is at the end of the day sig shoes are performance based not really aesthetics focused, and im tired of people bashing a shoe just cause it doesn't please your eyes

The majority of people buying basketball kicks aren't buying them for the court, especially $200 and $225 kicks

20 years later why is the Air Max 95 still desirable? and Nike able to make money off it?
I concur. Let's be honest, aesthetics play a huge role in most things we buy from clothing to homes. Nike basketball pretty much has the market cornered. And from what I'm hearing, UA is making some quality BB shoes. Would I buy what UA currently have on the market? Hell no, I think they're uglier than s**t.  Or may a better example, runners. I buy a lot of Nike runners because of how the look, same with Asic Gel Lyte 3s. Sure, Lunar 3s have some nice tech in them, but for me, I'm not much of a runner. And my personal experience is, a lot of the hardcore runners aren't running in Nike Flyknit or current Air Maxes. They're using Asics, Brooks, Saucony, etc. That's not to say some serious runners aren't using or prefer Nike, just saying my observations and experience with friends who taking running seriously aren't using the Swoosh. 

Hell, people come to NT because yes, they ball and like the performance. But seriously, you need maybe a few shoes per year depending on how your ball in your shoes. One of the main reasons people are here (NT) is because of how they look. You don't need the whole Kobe or Lebron line because of performance. And the Lord knows you ain't buying Jordan retros because their 20+ tech is still relevant ... please.

This is what Nike figured out long ago, and what has made them the footwear leader...if they made a shoe that looked good fashion wise and performed people would buy for more than just the sport they intended to play. I can remember when all shoes made for actually playing came in two colors...all black and all white.

I see where your coming from, and I respectfully disagree, of course aesthetics matter cause thats a huge influence in sales

What I'm tryna say is I hate how people are so quick to say a sig shoe is horrible cause of aesthetics alone, like realize if all that matters is aesthetics to you, this shoe isn't 100% designed towards you, it was primarily made for basketball or its respective sport

Even tho i acknowledge your point that consumer base is huge, and they must be catered to in terms of aesthetics

I think why there is a bit of debate brewing here is because these are marketed as a performance shoe.  Or maybe that's not the reason, but it's the one issue that bothers me.  Again, I don't work for Nike or any competing companies, I don't have any stock invested with them so I don't lose sleep over it.  I do find the discussion in this thread interesting though.

The All Stars were tied to Harden in the ASG.  You got some people playing in these with no issues, and you got some people hating them for performance, specifically that PU insole.  And then you got some people acknowledging that they aren't getting these to play in them. 

My only beef, and it's a minor one, is if they are going to make them look good and push them as on court shoes, then they should feel good as on court shoes.  I don't think anyone is disputing that point, but clearly a lot of people aren't satisfied with the shoe on court.  Now obviously, Nike isn't the only company that does stuff like this.  Retroing T-Macs for $150 is insulting.

Nike clearly knows how to make good performance shoes, and they have released plenty of great looking performers at lower prices in the past.  Remember the days of the Nike Zoom BB?  Full length zoom for $90.  $90!  I know inflation and all that, but still.  To this day it is one of my top 3 performance shoes ever.  That's what Nike is capable of, so that's the standard I hold them to.

Those PEs James Johnson is wearing are actually Harden's PEs with the yellow swoosh and flywire sharpied out.

Those PEs James Johnson is wearing are actually Harden's PEs with the yellow swoosh and flywire sharpied out.
Aw good catch, was thinking they looked kind of like that but didn't know because of the fly wire.  Actually went to school with him and asked him to hook me up with a pair of those. If he comes through I'll post pics. 

Aw good catch, was thinking they looked kind of like that but didn't know because of the fly wire.  Actually went to school with him and asked him to hook me up with a pair of those. If he comes through I'll post pics. 
James wear a size 10? 
nthat.gif
nerd.gif
 (kidding lol)

Does any NBA player wear a size 10 really? Even isiah thomas a dwarf in the game wears a size 12

Does any NBA player wear a size 10 really? Even isiah thomas a dwarf in the game wears a size 12
Spud Webb, maybe Jameer Nelson,  Mugsy Bogues, Earl Boykins... not sure, but I'm Google may help our search. Didn't know MJ had 2 different size feet lol

http://sole collect or.com/news/the-nba-s-most-interesting-shoe-sizes/

Last edited:
Finally played in my frags, i'm personally really feeling the shoe top to bottom

Dont wanna go into depth now but my only gripe is that its traction pattern isnt better

Back
Top Bottom