Nike HyperAdapt: 1.0 and Adapt BB

I wasn’t at all interested in this shoe but a friend of mine got the blue tinker pair. I saw his video and it piqued my interest. Well now this exclusive unlock comes and I opted to pass but now I secretly want the silvers. Well my size 12 popped up in the black so I went with those. I’ll try them and see what I think. Ultimately I can always return and get my money back if I don’t want them.

man, wanted these soo bad when they came out (i’m a HUGE BTTF fan, literally watched that movie every day as a kid :lol:) but they decided to drop these at the worst time. i’m on vacation now and with the holidays coming up i just can’t justify spending $800 on myself right now. maybe if they’re still available after new years

It's kinda funny how everybody wanted these when they had the draws and were complaining when losing, and now they have been widely available for about 2 days and people not wanting to spend the money. I guess that is how that works. But yeah, the holidays and the shoes that are hitting in November and December make for some hard choices too, so I can get some of that.

Had I not bought before, I would have been on these right away, but since I ended up with 2 pairs under retail in the end, I'm not going to complain they were now somewhat more widely available. This is how it should have been done before, a Nike+ exclusive, where you would stand a chance against any bots.

I just received my very first pair of HyperAdapts in the mail: the OG Blue Lagoons. And I have to say, these shoes are incredible. The technology is amazing, the comfort is great, and they look surprisingly more wearable on-feet than I expected. I feel proud to own them. They will definitely be rocked soon enough! :smokin

But one thing that strikes me as odd is that I can't find the charges from Nike anywhere on my bank statement. I checked my debit card, credit card, and PayPal account since those are the only things I would use to make a purchase through Nike but still—nothing. Not even a pending charge. Even though I already received them, could there possibly be some sort of delay in the payment posting? I mean, there's just no way that I received a free pair of HyperAdapts... is there?

I just received my very first pair of HyperAdapts in the mail: the OG Blue Lagoons. And I have to say, these shoes are incredible. The technology is amazing, the comfort is great, and they look surprisingly more wearable on-feet than I expected. I feel proud to own them. They will definitely be rocked soon enough! :smokin

But one thing that strikes me as odd is that I can't find the charges from Nike anywhere on my bank statement. I checked my debit card, credit card, and PayPal account since those are the only things I would use to make a purchase through Nike but still—nothing. Not even a pending charge. Even though I already received them, could there possibly be some sort of delay in the payment posting? I mean, there's just no way that I received a free pair of HyperAdapts... is there?
No, the charge will get posted in a couple of days.

Question do the midsoles crease easily when you walk in them? Seems like they would since they curve in as they go down.

Last edited:
Question do the midsoles crease easily when you walk in them? Seems like they would since they curve in as they go down.
Yes they do. I just gave mine their first full day of wear today, and there's already some noticeable midsole creasing, particularly near the heel portion. It's not the sort of thing that's ever really bothered me, but if you're not a fan of the creased look then these will drive you nuts.

Yup. Like a dry river bed.

It's a good indicator to know you're getting a DS pair or a worn one. VVVVVVDS lol.

It's kinda funny how everybody wanted these when they had the draws and were complaining when losing, and now they have been widely available for about 2 days and people not wanting to spend the money. I guess that is how that works. But yeah, the holidays and the shoes that are hitting in November and December make for some hard choices too, so I can get some of that.

Had I not bought before, I would have been on these right away, but since I ended up with 2 pairs under retail in the end, I'm not going to complain they were now somewhat more widely available. This is how it should have been done before, a Nike+ exclusive, where you would stand a chance against any bots.

Everyone wanted these when they were limited and resale was 2-3x retail. It was inevitable that now that they are GR, people aren’t rushing to spend 720 plus tax as a beta tester on an adaptive lacing shoe that doesn’t excel at any athletic function (not a running shoe nor trainer nor basketball shoe), nor does it have a groundbreaking look for lifestyle wearers. Make no mistake, these were mostly bought for resale, I saw the people picking them up, they were your typical resellers. Good that some here are excited by them and get joy from them, but that’s a small minority of those who bought when initially released. I think when dust settles these were a failure for Nike given the price point. Debatable if the tech makes its way to other models, perhaps, but no one really begging for it.

Reactions: ARK
Everyone wanted these when they were limited and resale was 2-3x retail. It was inevitable that now that they are GR, people aren’t rushing to spend 720 plus tax as a beta tester on an adaptive lacing shoe that doesn’t excel at any athletic function (not a running shoe nor trainer nor basketball shoe), nor does it have a groundbreaking look for lifestyle wearers. Make no mistake, these were mostly bought for resale, I saw the people picking them up, they were your typical resellers. Good that some here are excited by them and get joy from them, but that’s a small minority of those who bought when initially released. I think when dust settles these were a failure for Nike given the price point. Debatable if the tech makes its way to other models, perhaps, but no one really begging for it.

Will be interesting to see what happens with hyperadapt 2.0, which is supposed to be a basketball shoe, and lower price-point. I have not heard any timeframes on this yet, it was just mentioned in an article. I posted a link to this in the forums too when I first read about it.

Shoes were def. a flop for Nike. Can’t think of all the research and development that they went through to make these. Paid employees for hours of work that will not see the profit. But isn’t that what Nike basically is? Staying ahead of the curve, taking a huge loss and then making that same loss the norm which turns into huge profit margins and seperates them from other companies

Received my metallic silvers from nike and surprisingly my left pair wont turn on after charging, first time I've had a hyperadapt problem other two I have are fine

Received my metallic silvers from nike and surprisingly my left pair wont turn on after charging, first time I've had a hyperadapt problem other two I have are fine

Hold both buttons for 10-15 seconds, see if you get a rainbow pattern light to come on. Is a reset. You have to really make sure both buttons are suppressed at the same time.

Shoes were def. a flop for Nike. Can’t think of all the research and development that they went through to make these. Paid employees for hours of work that will not see the profit. But isn’t that what Nike basically is? Staying ahead of the curve, taking a huge loss and then making that same loss the norm which turns into huge profit margins and seperates them from other companies

this is not true. There is a documentary series on Netflix about industrial designers (forgot the name)- they did a whole episode on TInker H, very interesting. They spend the last half talking about the Hyperadapt- these were his babies, he was hyping them as revolutionary, they spent thousands of hours designing these. Huge flop. Also, notice how Nike spent tons of promo dollars earlyin launch, now they spend zero on it and drop it as an "exclusive" for Nike+ (anyone w a pulse). Think they are clearing stock soon. They could've made this part of the Off White collection, could've collaborated, could've made it cheaper. No.

Is it normal for these to have a sample tag? Or what looks like a sample tag? The pair I just got has the 1st release edition box as well (size 11)

Back
Top Bottom