Nike HyperAdapt: 1.0 and Adapt BB

Wow, basketball? Really? These are for the causal techy in all of us.
NSW means its for causal but could be used for the actual sport. 

They will eventually move to other areas such as Nike Basketball, Running etc. 

Look at the progression of Flyknit. 

I expected them to be $750 but no way they would be the price of a regular shoe. I mean Jordans are $400 and they dont do anything 
laugh.gif

Its the first iteration so the funding has to come from somewhere, they are " 1.0" for a reason. 

^^ this is the type of technology, though gimmicky, took time to develop. I don't think Nike is leaving the auto lacing alone. Similar to how they shoved flyknits in our face, you want these on people's feet. Anything over $350 and these aren't on people's feet....not the general consumer anyway.

Last edited:
^^ this is the type of technology, though gimmicky, took time to develop. I don't Nike leaving the auto lacing alone similar to how they shoved flyknits in our face. You want these on people's feet. Anything over $350 and these aren't on people's feet....not the general consumer anyway.
Hyperadapts arent auto-lacing and they are still working making them on a mass scale which these wont be. 

The general consumer aint buying self or autolacing shoes snkrheads are, once its cheap for them to make then the masses will think about buying them. 

Even at a grand these wont be seen at Ross or your outlet thats for sure. People will buy them

Hyperadapts arent auto-lacing and they are still working making them on a mass scale which these wont be. 

The general consumer aint buying self or autolacing shoes snkrheads are, once its cheap for them to make then the masses will think about buying them. 

This isn't a collab, a signature Nike endorser shoe, or a retro. Nike isn't making this for "sneaker heads" especially with these coming out so close to the holidays. You risk turning off any and every consumer pricing these shoes over $300 especially with unproven tech. This isn't a cell phone or laptop we're talking about shoes that constantly touch the ground and dirt.

This isn't a collab, a signature Nike endorser shoe, or a retro. Nike isn't making this for "sneaker heads" especially with these coming out so close to the holidays. You risk turning off any and every consumer pricing these shoes over $300 especially with unproven tech. This isn't a cell phone or laptop we're talking about shoes that constantly touch the ground and dirt.
I dont think you get it. Nike sells regular lace up shoes for $400+, so why would a shoe with LEDs, PCB and a motor be cheaper than that?

Also at 1K they know they wont have to make a lot so when a LED goes bad or motor doesnt work its less for them to repair. 

Shoes arent phones so not sure where the comparison is. 

All new technology doesnt havent to be proven on a consumer scale. If Nike is releasing you them you better believe they are confident in the product. 

So do you have proof they're gonna be $1k from a source or is this just your conjecture?

Right now it seems you're just guessing

I dont think you get it. Nike sells regular lace up shoes for $400+, so why would a shoe with LEDs, PCB and a motor be cheaper than that?

Also at 1K they know they wont have to make a lot so when a LED goes bad or motor doesnt work its less for them to repair. 

Shoes arent phones so not sure where the comparison is. 

All new technology doesnt havent to be proven on a consumer scale. If Nike is releasing you them you better believe they are confident in the product. 

I don't think you get it. What "regular" Nike shoe is selling for 400+? Michael Jordan didn't score 60 in these, Roberto Tisci didn't design these, Kanye didn't ask for these to glow in the dark. This is unproven tech that only tightens or loosens your laces. There isn't too much more to it other than the fact that it will come with a charger. If these measures your heart rate, and we're a pedometer and massaged your feet while you wore em, than the price point being 1k or anything around that could be presented by Nike as being viable. If this shoe does nothing but tighten your shoe laces...for 1k? No Robert Zemeckis film tied to it? Than most consumers will see them, admire from afar and then decide to tie their own shoes for 1k like a NT'er stated.

US Retail is 1K 
Yeahhh I'm out, damn. I was willing to do like $500-600, but even that was kinda pushing it for me. 1k+tax is hefty, but I understand.
So do you have proof they're gonna be $1k from a source or is this just your conjecture?

One of the most reputable posters on NT and is definitely plugged. NYC757 always providing info and I've never seen anything he's posted having been incorrect. If he says it's 1k, I believe it.

Last edited:

Dont worry Nike will give you all the details in due time. But yes the information was provided to me. 
I don't think you get it. What "regular" Nike shoe is selling for 400+? Michael Jordan didn't score 60 in these, Roberto Tisci didn't design these, Kanye didn't ask for these to glow in the dark. This is unproven tech that only tightens or loosens your laces. There isn't too much more to it other than the fact that it will come with a charger. If these measures your heart rate, and we're a pedometer and massaged your feet while you wore em, than the price point being 1k or anything around that could be presented by Nike as being viable. If this shoe does nothing but tighten your shoe laces...for 1k? No Robert Zemeckis film tied to it? Than most consumers will see them, admire from afar and then decide to tie their own shoes for 1k like a NT'er stated.
Nike just released a pair Jordan 4 last week for $400 and Jordan didnt play in them. 

Im just saying take your emotion out of why they wont price them at $300. If you understand the basic requirement to make self/auto lacing shoes at a profit then you will understand. 

Again the market isnt for your middle of the road shoe consumer. How many middle age men to do see wearing foamposites not many they are at price point that doesnt makes sense for them. I could go on and on about examples but that wasnt the point of the post. So the further derailment bores me. 

Ill end this in saying if they turn out to be $300, I WILL BUY YOU A PAIR IN THE COLOR OF YOUR CHOICE. IF THEY ARENT $300 ALL YOU HAVE TO DO IS DONATE 5 HOURS AT YOUR LOCAL SHELTER. Deal?

Last edited:
I just dropped $200+ on some KDs... It was wishful thinking to think they were gonna be priced in the same tier. $300-400 is too close to all the standard kicks they release, considering they're implementing what they think is the next big thing/innovaton.

I was hoping the Black Friday release date meant they were trying to capture a wider market, meaning the price couldn't be THAT high... But I guess not. I cant't really see what Nike wants to accomplish with this release other than press, but them being expensive/unobtainable isn't really a surprise all things considered.

Dont worry Nike will give you all the details in due time. But yes the information was provided to me. 

Nike just released a pair Jordan 4 last week for $400 and Jordan didnt play in them. 

Im just saying take your emotion out of why they wont price them at $300. If you understand the basic requirement to make self/auto lacing shoes at a profit then you will understand. 

Again the market isnt for your middle of the road shoe consumer. How many middle age men to do see wearing foamposites not many they are at price point that doesnt makes sense for them. I could go on and on about examples but that wasnt the point of the post. So the further derailment bores me. 

Ill end this in saying if they turn out to be $300, I WILL BUY YOU A PAIR IN THE COLOR OF YOUR CHOICE. IF THEY ARENT $300 ALL YOU HAVE TO DO IS DONATE 5 HOURS AT YOUR LOCAL SHELTER. Deal?

Jordan wore the model, a model that's proven to sell. You think Nike could put a fancy colorway on a pair of Jordan 2010's and sell them for $400?

There's no emotion on my part I'm just more so trying to wrap my head around the logic. This is new tech, new unproven tech. Nike is gonna charge $1k for shoes that have no leather, probably have a battery life under 10 hours and more than likely can't be worn in the rain. How many people buy 1k shoes, sneakers at that? And Nike did all that research and development for these shoes to turn away the majority of their market?? I'm not understanding.

I'll have to turn down the bet though. I'm actually looking into volunteering at a shelter for thanksgiving. I'll just settle for the "I told you so" :lol:. Seriously I'm about 99% sure these won't retail for $999.99. Do you know how ridiculous that sounds??

Last edited:
Anything over $250 and I'm out.

The technology is the appeal. The shoe itself is not all that visually appealing.

They don't need Jordan to have worn these to make them seem special. They have a hype machine for that.

And at 1k, then they're not really concerned with the people who usually buy shoes buying these to begin with. It's probably all for publicity and show. It seems like they really want to push the idea they innovated skmething groundbreaking here... They can get people talking about that without actually making them buy the shoe. Like set up test areas in store. Might sound stupid, but it's possible they're not ready to sell the tech on a wide scale but they want to blow some smoke.

Yeah I don't see this going well with people if they retail for 1k because they will a ton of appeal for them from regular consumers who may want to try these out. Either way we gotta just wait and see

Jordan wore the model, a model that's proven to sell. You think Nike could put a fancy colorway on a pair of Jordan 2010's and sell them for $400?

There's no emotion on my part I'm just more so trying to wrap my head around the logic. This is new tech, new unproven tech. Nike is gonna charge $1k for shoes that have no leather, probably have a battery life under 10 hours and more than likely can't be worn in the rain. How many people buy 1k shoes, sneakers at that? And Nike did all that research and development for these shoes to turn away the majority of their market?? I'm not understanding.

I'll have to turn down the bet though. I'm actually looking into volunteering at a shelter for thanksgiving. I'll just settle for the "I told you so"
laugh.gif
. Seriously I'm about 99% sure these won't retail for $999.99. Do you know how ridiculous that sounds??
Your missing point, what Ive said is the market will buy it. 

Whether its shoe at retail or aftermarket $400+ shoes arent unheard of and none of them have a lacing system. 

You havent spent much if any time working with or for the brand so what you may interpret as consumer logic doesnt equal to business logic and strategies. 

As I get older saying I was wrong about something isnt a hard thing to do. So for your sake I hope Im wrong about the price.

Oh yeah the shoes hold a charge for 2 wks and the battery is encapsulated. Nikes not a half-*** company, read up on the shoe before you ramble off but like I told @bballermarkie  stay tuned to NikeNews. Should be a press release in the next few weeks. 

Back
Top Bottom