Nike HyperAdapt: 1.0 and Adapt BB

@babyJs23  you pay resell or you got them in NYC at one of the events?
@amarano nice pics and story man. Now I'm stoked for my appt. Sounds like it was really well organized so I'm feeling better about my appt at Grand.
thanks man so cool.

my appointment was at soho so im not entirely sure how the Grand one works. i think they make you run around in them lol and hopefully have a chance to buy at the end. i think youll be straight though.

Last edited:
45 Grand appointment was a little different than Soho.

After you walk in and check in, they take you to the back two at a time. There are two employees there, one per person and they walk you through the features and history of the shoes and tech. They give you a new pair of Nike socks to wear since you will be trying on a display pair. Once you're ready to activate the self lacing feature, they offer to record a video of it and your reaction on a floor mounted ipad. You get to walk around the room for a bit and get a feel for the shoe/take photos/etc. If you decide to buy, they bring out a new boxed pair for you. If you want, they also offer a courier service that will deliver the shoes to your house/apt so you don't have to carry them around the city yourself. It was mentioned that the 45Grand appointments were made available to take some of the strain off of the crowds at Soho, so people shouldn't have an issue being able to buy if they want. They were very accommodating about sizing and fit so I could have tried on/bought a bigger/smaller size if needed. They fit a little narrow in the toebox but the length was spot on. I have wide feet but still decided to stick with TTS. 

A few people tried to walk-in and ask about open spots, they were turned away and told nothing is available if you don't have an appointment. Overall the experience was a joy and one to remember. Since the Clubhouse (45Grand) is invitation only, the atmosphere is very quiet and chill. There is no one but employees/security walking around. 

45 Grand appointment was a little different than Soho.

After you walk in and check in, they take you to the back two at a time. There are two employees there, one per person and they walk you through the features and history of the shoes and tech. They give you a new pair of Nike socks to wear since you will be trying on a display pair. Once you're ready to activate the self lacing feature, they offer to record a video of it and your reaction on a floor mounted ipad. You get to walk around the room for a bit and get a feel for the shoe/take photos/etc. If you decide to buy, they bring out a new boxed pair for you. If you want, they also offer a courier service that will deliver the shoes to your house/apt so you don't have to carry them around the city yourself. It was mentioned that the 45Grand appointments were made available to take some of the strain off of the crowds at Soho, so people shouldn't have an issue being able to buy if they want. They were very accommodating about sizing and fit so I could have tried on/bought a bigger/smaller size if needed. They fit a little narrow in the toebox but the length was spot on. I have wide feet but still decided to stick with TTS. 

A few people tried to walk-in and ask about open spots, they were turned away and told nothing is available if you don't have an appointment. Overall the experience was a joy and one to remember. Since the Clubhouse (45Grand) is invitation only, the atmosphere is very quiet and chill. There is no one but employees/security walking around. 

I just got back from Grand as well. Appointment was at 3:30. Super chill. Got my size 11. Lot of fun.

View media item 2249726
They sent a cool video too but my one year old kid took over haha. So ignore him and enjoy:

http://bit.ly/2g5z1T3

glad you guys had good experience at grand and awesome kid btw.

i'm a little jealous tbh grand sounded more personalized where as soho was like a show off thing lol either way i have no regrets i loved every minute of it. wish they would have given us a demo pair, the experience makes you in a way nervous to really dig into the shoe but that could have just been me.

like i like the idea you get to play around with one of their pairs and take home a pristine one.

courier service is also cool. i had the option of "low key". where they triple brown bagged mine up incognito instead of walking out in the EARL bag lol.

Last edited:
Congratulations to all you guys that scooped up a pair! Question for you guys as I await for some hopeful news in appointment scheduling around the area I live in.

Do you guys plan on wearing them for a casual purpose, the athletic purpose (whether it'd be running, training or basketball as mentioned), or both?

As someone who likes to get a workout in everyday (especially running), I'm very curious to take advantage of its full potential if I manage to get a pair... something I honestly never ever do with any technological products, haha.

Last edited:
glad you guys had good experience at grand and awesome kid btw.

i'm a little jealous tbh grand sounded more personalized where as soho was like a show off thing lol either way i have no regrets i loved every minute of it. wish they would have given us a demo pair, the experience makes you in a way nervous to really dig into the shoe but that could have just been me.

like i like the idea you get to play around with one of their pairs and take home a pristine one.

courier service is also cool. i had the option of "low key". where they triple brown bagged mine up incognito instead of walking out in the EARL bag lol.

Thanks!

Congratulations to all you guys that scooped up a pair! Question for you guys as I await for some hopeful news in appointment scheduling around the area I live in.

Do you guys plan on wearing them for a casual purpose, the athletic purpose (whether it'd be running, training or basketball as mentioned), or both?

As someone who likes to get a workout in everyday (especially running), I'm very curious to take advantage of its full potential if I manage to get a pair... something I honestly never ever do with any technological products, haha.

I plan on wearing them casually but they did say they tested them for basketball, running and cross training. I'd see no issues in using them for any of those activities.

I plan on wearing them casually but they did say they tested them for basketball, running and cross training. I'd see no issues in using them for any of those activities.

That's so exciting to hear about. It's just that when you learn about the designs of the outsoles for each activity... you're accustomed to that. THAT outsole on the HyperAdapt looks like it's just for one direction, which hints at running, and they're saying it can be for any of those three activities. Regardless, it seems to be an exciting product to look forward to!

yo that was one of the coolest things i ever experienced. def the coolest sneaker experience. just got home from my appointment in soho. the nike people were awesome. theres like this roped off area that everyones standing around and you tell the guy you have an appointment. my guy was more excited than i was and they were genuinely into it you can tell. i asked them to take a pic with me and they were all like honored it was cool lol. anyway it goes down like this

you tell them you have a reservation and they bring you into the roped off section where they have the shoes on display, some lockers with water and carrying bags for the shoes. 

they ask you if you want to try them on or just purchase. so i was like nah i gotta do the whole thing.

so you sit down and they ask about what you know about the shoes, are you into sneakers, like conversation type stuff while another guy brings out the box.

the unbox it for you and you slip both shoes on and then they make you stand up and the lacing happens. tbh ive seen tons of videos, countless pics and nothing can prepare you for that moment when they self lace its something you gotta experience. 

it was actually pretty funny the first thing i did was smell them and the nike guys lost it lol.

the whole thing was awesome. from just the experience itself to the shoes i told them i felt like a little kid on christmas lol. 

like ive been buying sneakers for over 20 years and this is something ill never forget. im sure everyone has their own memories of buying certain kicks so you know what i mean.

i know theyre not the coolest looking shoes, or might resemble some boring monarchs, but i cant explain what the experience as a whole is like its crazy. theyre also very comfortable btw.

anyway i sound like a loser being this geeked up but heres some pics. i hope anyone who wants these has an opportunity to do what i did at Soho today, its something youll never forget.
Great story....did you get your selected size?

Last edited:
Apparently you're not guaranteed a size anymore. Friend went to Grand and could only purchase a size 14 with a late appointment. Not sure if they will restock tomorrow but these are planned to be released to the public in 2 weeks so hopefully I can scoop a pair for the low low soon.

Apparently you're not guaranteed a size anymore. Friend went to Grand and could only purchase a size 14 with a late appointment. Not sure if they will restock tomorrow but these are planned to be released to the public in 2 weeks so hopefully I can scoop a pair for the low low soon.
I have an 11am, so I'll take whatever.  Thanks for the intel

What time was his appointment?

Man they're gonna have a real mess on their hands if they don't have enough stock for each person to buy.

Back
Top Bottom