Nike HyperAdapt: 1.0 and Adapt BB

Its the first run of a new technology they really dont look that bad..If the name Yeezy was attached to them I bet yall would like them then.

^a lot of ppl already stated they liked them.  just one guy making noise about how much they hate em. let's just not go there

I don't understand why when someone dislikes a shoe they have to rant and rave about it like someone crapped on their pillow.

There is this crazy concept going around called: don't buy it if you don't like it. Nike is not going to go out of business because one person dislikes a shoe. These are going to sell like hotcakes just because it's a new 'futuristic' technology.

Last edited:
Can't expect a company like Nike to just rest on its laurels and become stagnant. It's always got to try new things and find new products to make money on. While this shoe may end up being a gimmick, the R&D experience on this shoe may lead to something substantial in the future.
oh of course. I just don't see this as anything more than a hype train nike wants a seat on. I mean... these light up for crying out loud. Pretty obvious this is just for the wow factor and nothing else. I doubt they're really serious about what they said using this on basketball shoes, again I think that's just another strategy they're using to build hype for their brand. We may see it on 1 or 2 sure, but It'll die out. Idk I just see this as a huge initial hyped thing, then turning into a "who cares" kinda thing. 

the adjustments will be intergrated to wearable tech so it could be adjusted with voice or a watch or something.  kinda like valet function on the Tesla.  the shoes will come to you.  also see footwarmers in the future haha dope. all the girls will dig it.  no need to kill kangaroos for the fur or whatever animial uggs use.
footwarmers.... 
smokin.gif
  Now we're talking.

oh of course. I just don't see this as anything more than a hype train nike wants a seat on. I mean... these light up for crying out loud. Pretty obvious this is just for the wow factor and nothing else. I doubt they're really serious about what they said using this on basketball shoes, again I think that's just another strategy they're using to build hype for their brand. We may see it on 1 or 2 sure, but It'll die out. Idk I just see this as a huge initial hyped thing, then turning into a "who cares" kinda thing. 
Not if they work at the possibilities of it. Year 1, it simply tightens. Year 2, they split the box into two with lighter motors in each. Year 3, its a small motor for each lace hole and they release and retract on the fly providing the most optimal fit at all times. Could you imagine it if they got to a point where the shoes relax when you do? And strap up when you get going? Or lockdown when you cut and drive to the basket? They said that the addition of Flywire makes this all that much more interesting. That's probably where its all headed. It might seem like a gimmick but I can totally see where they might be trying to take this.

Next stop; weaving a solar panel into the shoe. They could probably sell an add-on solar cell now that snaps on to the shoe and plugs into the socket the charger plugs into. Like on the Jordan 16.

This will either be a Reebok Pump situation for them or push them into Apple territory.  And that's why Im disappointed at the design of it. 

Last edited:
Motors with laces can never weigh less than just laces, so we can go easy on the performance talk.
This tech is ideal for the disabled and edlerly, not kevin Durant.

Do you guys see seat belts with motors on them at nascar? No, the driver buckles his straps and they save useless weight.

Tinker wanted that bttf thing to be a reality but martys joints never sounded like a cordless grinder in fake 2015.

I see them recouping the money spent from developing charity mags with these, selling out to beasts via celeb placement, taking a million returns and then telling us in 2 years it was an engineering exercise as the tech was not practical by design.

thats cool tho. Nike still has other sick tech that's legit like giant leg socks and friendship bracelet system lacing lol.

Random: but why do people speak about Jordan's and Nike's like they're 2 separate entities? Pet peeve...
well this other guy is telling me this is just another gimmick...yet hes comparing an automatic lace system to the plastic window on a previous jordan model..or naming other aesthetic features that have nothing to do with performance...okay we know jordan is owned by nike but lets be real here in 2016 its basically two companies similar to the way disney owns espn.

nike is Jordan. also, yes some of those are cosmetic features the point was they were all pretty much one and done or maybe 2. I'm talking about the way they did the 20 strap with the tab... even though I didn't have a problem with it, was kind of a gimmick and if you look I don't think any nike shoes after that utilized the same system. What I'm trying to get at is Nike hypes up what they're doing as something extremely great and groundbreaking, only to do away with it entirely the next year. If you look at the evolution of nike shoes pretty much the lasting significant tech changes are non rubber midsoles, zoom whether traditional or "unlocked"/refined, carbon fiber or simply any hard plastic that will prevent the shoe from flexing at the midfoot, and synthetic lightweight uppers. At this point I don't see a whole lot you can do to the shoes that ISN'T a gimmick. doubtful this will be a lasting tech that will stand the test of time, like I said I doubt that's what Nike's REALLY even trying to do... they know you can't reinvent the wheel. We'll see though, go ahead nike wow me
laugh.gif

dude your saying nike hyped up a strap as a gimmick like it was the best thing ever? man its a strap..new shoes are made every year with a fresh new look..in that case everything is a gimmick and officially hate the word now. "oh this office chair has arm rests...ITS A GIMMICK.THEY JUST WANT YOu TO BUY IT THEY WANT TO PUT THE STOOL COMPANY OUT OF BUSINESS"..the EARL system is cool lets just go with it and see what happends.

Lmfao people are in here listing every single issue ***they specifically are having with the shoe*** and saying it needs to be changed and the design team is wack? I emplore you all, go and design a shoe yourself, or go through the steps to design and suggest one to Nike specfically if you're on that type of consumerist leash. The shoe is made to *showcase* the tech, for good or worse it's the first shoe to really implement what it's doing and it's showing it off. Whether it's a gimmick or not is not the concern, the company is trying something new, moving towards a better technological goal and that is not necessarily a bad thing. If you are simply not having it; the shoe itself or the "gimmick" in what it does, then simply do not buy the shoe. If it bothers you enough and you cannot stand it for whatever reason, simply do not buy anything from the company.

And as a response to either a person or people (didn't really read too much in this forum) calling unlocked zoom and straps on basketball sneakers a "gimmick" I truely believe it is not. Unlocked zoom is certainly different but many do well on the court with it, and straps have and still are used on many shoes. The zoom soldier has had and still does implement straps which work extremely well, and one of the most supportive shoes on the market (some model made by Ektio) exceeds where others do not. I'm unsure if the person or people posting such things are simply hating on / or jealous of the company or members within it, but there are very legitimate counter points to atleast some of what you've been posting.

Lmfao people are in here listing every single issue ***they specifically are having with the shoe*** and saying it needs to be changed and the design team is wack? I emplore you all, go and design a shoe yourself, or go through the steps to design and suggest one to Nike specfically if you're on that type of consumerist leash. The shoe is made to *showcase* the tech, for good or worse it's the first shoe to really implement what it's doing and it's showing it off. Whether it's a gimmick or not is not the concern, the company is trying something new, moving towards a better technological goal and that is not necessarily a bad thing. If you are simply not having it; the shoe itself or the "gimmick" in what it does, then simply do not buy the shoe. If it bothers you enough and you cannot stand it for whatever reason, simply do not buy anything from the company.

And as a response to either a person or people (didn't really read too much in this forum) calling unlocked zoom and straps on basketball sneakers a "gimmick" I truely believe it is not. Unlocked zoom is certainly different but many do well on the court with it, and straps have and still are used on many shoes. The zoom soldier has had and still does implement straps which work extremely well, and one of the most supportive shoes on the market (some model made by Ektio) exceeds where others do not. I'm unsure if the person or people posting such things are simply hating on / or jealous of the company or members within it, but there are very legitimate counter points to atleast some of what you've been posting.
Jeez, talk about 'not that serious'.

According to Nike CEO Mark Parker, the brand hasn't figured out a price for the shoe yet.

"We don't have the prices yet set," Parker says in the interview with CNBC below. "That's something that we're working on. The shoe's coming out later this year so the pricing is still yet to be determined."

Tell that to drones. Its 2016, motors have changed since the 80s.

sure it has improved. Difference here is that the motors still need laces to pull tight, thus making it forever useless by design as far as performance goes. You dont put motors on seat belts

Motors with laces can never weigh less than just laces, so we can go easy on the performance talk.
This tech is ideal for the disabled and edlerly, not kevin Durant.

Do you guys see seat belts with motors on them at nascar? No, the driver buckles his straps and they save useless weight.

Tinker wanted that bttf thing to be a reality but martys joints never sounded like a cordless grinder in fake 2015.

I see them recouping the money spent from developing charity mags with these, selling out to beasts via celeb placement, taking a million returns and then telling us in 2 years it was an engineering exercise as the tech was not practical by design.

thats cool tho. Nike still has other sick tech that's legit like giant leg socks and friendship bracelet system lacing lol.

Charity work is a tax write off. That's corporate 101.

These are actually pretty cool but I can guarantee the price will keep me away. They will be $250 minimum and that's horrible for that shoe.

I wouldn't pay over $350. How much were the Mags?
From what I know of, Nike has only released the air mags through auctions on ebay and they've sold for far more than $350, the profits being "for charity". (atleast the most recent two times for sure).

Back
Top Bottom