Nike Hyperdunk 2016 Available in July

Kobe 11 had a drop in insole so they simply charged you more but it's only available on ID.

I do kind of, vaguely remember the non-elite HD might not have full length zoom but it's deceiving because of the bottom but it definitely still has a forefoot and heel zoom iirc.

But for the ADs, the set-up is similar to the 10s and there's no difference there from EM to Elites so I doubt it'll happen with the ADs too.

For the HD16's, it might be because the midsole is pretty much already hollowed out from the elites and they decided to just go a little cheaper.

For the HD17's, they're focusing on the new lunar compound which usually the whole sole, not just the inside, it has to have room to expand a bit like boost, that's why ADs and Kobe10s has that clear pliable rubber layer outside. It would be counterproductive to put full length zoom and make the lunar completely useless. You'd be removing what is probably going to be their main sales pitch for the shoe.

I could be wrong though so we'll see...

My prediction with the new Lunar is to be compared to the dual-density BOUNCE we saw in the Dame 3's..

Mostly all Adidas boost basketball applications have been contained. Too soft.

I'm intrigued by the 2017s, but it doesn't take too much for me to be curious...

Not getting hopes up with improved lunar but will be interesting to see. My main hope is that the outsole gives us some similar grab to the Kobe 9 -- going to be hard to give us that but it has some similarities

I'm intrigued by the 2017s, but it doesn't take too much for me to be curious...

Not getting hopes up with improved lunar but will be interesting to see. My main hope is that the outsole gives us some similar grab to the Kobe 9 -- going to be hard to give us that but it has some similarities
Word me too! The upper looks great and the idea of a new and improved lunar sounds interesting but I can almost see it being the same old lunar, hopefully not.

Nike seems to be doing something interesting with the cushion in the Vapor ZoomX

Come on yall...

You know there won't be another Hyperdunk really worth buying 'til 2020.

I would buy 16 HD elite for $90 like Nightwing posted at outlets. I haven't worn but really want to try on court.

Last edited:
Be interested to see how the lunar plays out on the 2017 model, Im not a fan of wavy outsoles tho...

imo the hyperdunks have a bit of a unique fit. I had a hard time putting them on - with my wide foot and all.  Might want to try it on in-store first.

The mesh pairs are probably more durable and better traction wise, but the cushion is a bit more in the FK. To me the deciding factor should be wide foot: mesh, narrow or normal foot:FK

The mesh pairs are probably more durable and better traction wise, but the cushion is a bit more in the FK. To me the deciding factor should be wide foot: mesh, narrow or normal foot:FK
Good to know. Crazy to me the FK are still @ retail at my local HoH.. I want a pair but the CE Low Primeknit i just grabbed will most likely be enough. 

Last edited:
How much better is the traction on the regular version? Thinking about sending these back and swapping for regulars. I hate to do it though because I love the look of 'em, but they're supposed to be a ball shoe first.

View media item 2401750
When I first put the Elites on, my reservation was that they were too narrow, but they've broken in pretty nicely after only 3 hours of play time and they'll only get better. My problem now after playing in 'em is that they're too slick. The court I play on is pretty old and dusty so I can't blame it completely on the shoes, but it still is what it is. I even put on one of my old Kobe VIIIs that have logged so much game time that they're starting to bald to compare with my HDs and my Kobes gripped much better.

i like the fit of the mids. I just wear them with thin nike socks I'm good. Never tried the FK. The lows are too narrow for me and hurts the side of my foot like the PG 1

Last edited:
my pink mids feels narrower than my white usa mids. Not sure if its the break in or if theres some inconsistency between pairs

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom