Votes: 1 10.0%
  • .5 Size Down

Votes: 3 30.0%
  • 1 Size Up

Votes: 1 10.0%
  • 1 Size Down

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
It's stiff not that responsive. This shoe is all offense. I even stopped on dime for pull up feet slipped right from under me. Got translucent outsole though. Gonna switch up to crazylight boost from here on out idk what Nike is doing but their shoes have been sub par to me.

Interesting. I have the mic drops and the white soles work fine for traction. Lots of people complain about translucent outsoles on anything but a pristine indoor court, so maybe that's part of it.

I find the shoes not that responsive because I find the cushioning to be a bit a mushy and unstable side to side. I'm 6'1" and 200lbs but only wear a size 10 in these. My weight to shoe size ratio is probably closer to that of a power forward or center. I cut pretty hard and these struggle to keep up with me. I think this is because because these shoes aren't made for "big men" who play like guards. These shoes would be just right for me if the zoom had more pressure and there was some sort of lateral support of the zoom bags like the clips on the 8s.

I landed on someone's foot off a side step jumper and absolutely wrecked my ankle in these. I don't think it was specifically because of the shoe, but I also ended up getting a cut on my ankle through compression socks. One of the scariest basketball moments of my life because the pain was the most I had ever felt off an injury. Broke my nose before and I was up in a minute. I was on the ground for a good 5 here. Then kept laying back.

Better ice and wrap that bad boy, keep it compressed and elevated.  Rinse and repeat.

I'm not a fan of translucent for performance.  It prioritizes looks over performance to me and I can't stand that.  I play on a pretty clean court, but I still avoid translucent outsoles.

They will not be releasing. SMU for the kids who attended The Academy. No more than 100 pairs made.

Also Draymond, Cousins and Butler are NOT scrubs.  We still have an All-Star team there.  EDIT Also Klay is the second best shooter in the world so we are just fine

Last edited:
the first time I wore them they were fine but the court I play on is iffy... If its humid in the gym its like a skating rink. looking for a second pair of pre heats in a 12 then I am looking for the unlimited/Rio pair but I will dye the sole black or a dark blue the yellow and pink is not that good looking to me.

Anyone get heel blisters from wearing em?  Odd that today for whatever reason it was rubbing up on my heel pretty badly but the previous time I didn't have the issue... maybe me heel was just super dry or something 
laugh.gif

Thing is when dust is present the translucent will pick it up and that's when the traction starts to suck(literally). Otherwise the performance is just about the same compared to the solid options.

Played in the "USA" KD 9s and..I was happy with how I played. Now I'm 5'4 1/2 and 135lbs wear a size 10. I usually play outdoors. I had zero problem getting the shoe in..my foot slipped in. Once on the pain in the forefoot was really bad (it's a similar plain in the kyire 1s) weird thing is after like 1 game, the shoe wasn't hurting me as much. I did feel bounce on my toes and heels.

From my experience with the nike + beta I received reservations on :

Metallic 5s

Rainbow flyknit racers

Snakeskin 4s

Confetti and Trophy 8s

Draft day kobe from this year.

When they do that the shoe will be a major GR... Hopefully I receive a reservation for the BRED 1s. 

They must be doing random reservations from the Unlimited collection, got the LunarEpic this morning.

Yeah its random of some sorts .. i got thereservation for the unlimited lunarepic back in early july i think whenever the first batch was available to people with the email.

Back
Top Bottom