Nike Kyrie III

Not a fan of his PE but like others have said, I like to see the possibilities for future CWs. They can make the toe, forefoot foam, and heel of the upper different colors while coloring the "spikes" and midsole. Outsole can be colored as usual with the added touch color with the pods.

I'm just not a big ID guy. I wish Nike would put some effort into their GRs again. If they can make "Dreams," "Effects," and "Samauris," surely they can do better than an all grey shoe.
For the most part, I think Nike has moved past the themed or storytelling shoes. Because of ID, they need to make the GR's not too simple that they look like they can be made on ID, but not too loud. This PE is a perfect example.

Last edited:
I wasn't necessarily going for the "storytelling" but rather the creativity. Those PEs are definitely a perfect example. Gradient swoosh, gradient logo on the tongue, multicolor midsole splatter...
smokin.gif

vs. Warriors: White/ Gold PE & Samurais
at Detroit: Hot Punch
vs. Boston: White/Gold
at Brooklyn: Hot Punch
at Phoenix: White/Blue
at Utah: Grey/ Volt Dungeon
at Portland: White/Gold
at Sacramento: Hot Punch
at Golden State: MLK Day Black PE
vs. Suns: MLK Day Black PE
vs. Spurs: White/Red PE
at New Orleans: Grey/ Volt Dungeon & White/Gold PE
vs. Sacramento: Black/Yellow/Red PE
vs. Brooklyn: Pre-Game: CNYs Game: White/Black PE
vs. OKC: white/orange (HWC)
at Dallas: CNY PE
vs. Minesota: Duke PE
at Washington: yellow/blue PE
at Oklahoma City: Duke PE
vs. Denver: Red/ Grey PE

Yeah man, They used to touch every aspect of the shoe. But I do think J. Jones hit on the most important areas for a guard such as myself: Traction & whether or not the cushioning setup mattered for a small guard. But the review lacked depth.

I did like the sort of 'pause/un-pause' style of review/critique of himself.

Last edited:
Decided today to send my Black Ice back to Nike. These are sitting at my local FL and Ill cop a pair on discount.

My city not even getting them. :smh:

Gotta work through SNKRS. I was really hoping to have and test by the wknd on court

Last edited:
Do these run wide or narrow in the toebox? I need to get some new hoop kicks and I'm considering these. Been hoopin in some KD2s for too long.

I saw one person comment in the Nike+ app that got a reservation. I didn't do over every comment there might be more. Hope it's not a lot of reserves sent out so they don't sell out real quick on SNKRS on Thursday.

Foot Locker on 42nd is already selling them. They're cool. Nothing to go crazy over.

Sole is a lot more subdued in hand from that video compared to the SNKRS pics. Reminds me a lot of the Omega Grey 2s

Back
Top Bottom