NIKE METCON THREAD - 7s out now

Only in crossfit do people call snatches squat snatches. lol!! It's either a snatch or a power snatch. Same thing for cleans.

Also the metcons and Nanos have an identical 4" heel to toe drop. It's the insole cushioning that give you the illusion of your heel being higher.
squat snatch catching the snatch below parallel and a regular snatch or power snatch catching the snatch without squating bellow parallel in my opinion are very different.I know some people can snatch a certain weight but cant squat snatch that same weight or vice versa. Also there is hang snatch or hang squat snatch

Only in crossfit do people call snatches squat snatches. lol!! It's either a snatch or a power snatch. Same thing for cleans.

Also the metcons and Nanos have an identical 4" heel to toe drop. It's the insole cushioning that give you the illusion of your heel being higher.
squat snatch catching the snatch below parallel and a regular snatch or power snatch catching the snatch without squating bellow parallel in my opinion are very different.I know some people can snatch a certain weight but cant squat snatch that same weight or vice versa. Also there is hang snatch or hang squat snatch

The guy knows. It's just outside crossfit circles if it's a full snatch, they just say snatch instead of squat snatch

The more & more I give these Blue Lagoons a go, I really like them. I just hope the all Blacks fit well once they arrive. I think I'll be saving the Camos & Dove Greys for special occasions or once these 2 pair wear out on me. Only complaint I have is the laces do not stay tied, have to double knot, anyone else have these issues. Here was my work for the day,

WARM-UP
Stretching
Shoulder pass throughs with PVC pipe
Burgener Warm-up

The Buy in,
500m row, all out

5 RFT
10 DLs@135
7 PCs@135
4 PPs@135

1 minute of DUs for each round

15:17 for time

Cash out row
500m row, all out. One of the better pulls in a while.

View media item 1486863

Last edited:
The more & more I give these Blue Lagoons a go, I really like them. I just hope the all Blacks fit well once they arrive. I think I'll be saving the Camos & Dove Greys for special occasions or once these 2 pair wear out on me. Only complaint I have is the laces do not stay tied, have to double knot, anyone else have these issues.

Yeah, my laces come u done if I don't double up the knot.

Re above question I'd say they perform fairly similiar to the Jordan Flight Flex Trainer. Probably a bit more stable however there is more chance if heel slip. All in all I'd say the metcons and the flight flex are my two favourite training shoes but I'd give metcons the edge.

I've never had problem with the laces. I always tie them once for all workouts and they've never come undone.

Ran 4 miles on a treadmill yesterday in them, laces haven't came undone since I tied them 2 weeks ago!

If anyone one is still looking for the camos, try looking at your local sports authority. Went to mine today and they had them, they were not on shelves yet, but if they have them in back they will sell them. If anyone needs help locating a pair I can check my store for you, just PM me

every time i pop in my local sports authority in search of metcons, all i see is air monarchs :lol: this is the sports authority in sacramento off of arden btw for anyone in my area

hoping to score a size 9.5 of the og volts. out of all the color ways so far out of the metcon i need two pairs of the og volts

Last edited:
every time i pop in my local sports authority in search of metcons, all i see is air monarchs
laugh.gif
this is the sports authority in sacramento off of arden btw for anyone in my area

hoping to score a size 9.5 of the og volts. out of all the color ways so far out of the metcon i need two pairs of the og volts
Mine had the black/ anthracite  for over 2 weeks in back before placing them on the shelves. They will probably do the same with the camos. I had to ask for them. 

Some sizes. I could add 7.5, 8.5, 11.5, 12.5 to cart.
Just called them about an hour ago about  the order I placed back on the 4th, CS said they had no info on dates for when stock would be received.  I ended up canceling my order  due to finding them in store. 

Trying to snag some camo's in 12 (really hope they aren't too big, grrrrr) and came across this thread, so I'm jumping in for the talk as well. Been using nano 4.0s for the past six months or so and love them, but ready for something different, so we'll see how these do.

Up to this point. Been checking eastbay, but can only order 11.5's right now, which is an option, but avoiding it. Rogue still hasn't got their stock and they seem to sell out super quick. Trying some local options but I either get a "never heard of it" response or laughing with a suggestion to order online. The Seattle Nike shop is closed for a remodel as well, so my next closest option is portland and that's a long drive for a possible let down, lol. I even have a friend who works at Nike in Oregon and he hasn't been able to help either.

Last edited:
Either have to live in Europe or know someone who lives there who will ship them to you. Or you wait till they release in the states. 

Guess I'll have to wait. Greys look too clean though. I just wanted to be one of the first in the states with these

Back
Top Bottom