NIKE METCON THREAD - 7s out now

Looks like Nike may be a Fisher family thing. Garrett is wearing metcons in his latest Insta post.

Anybody know if any other colorways will be released or restocked in the next month or so? Looking to buy a pair for the gym but don't really like any of the colorways in stock right now.
what are you looking for?

Long time lurker but just wanted to say thanks to everyone here for all the info.

Finally got myself a pair of the gray/volt metcon's for $80 (when they were on sale), some volt romaleos for $138, and the squadron blue's for $101, all thanks to eastbay and liberal use of their promotion codes (was lucky enough to apply the code to the romaleos before they made it ineligble for discount).

Wish I had scored some metcon's with the camo colorways way back when but oh well. Thanks again!
Nice.  My Romaleos finally shipped from Eastbay...had been on backorder status for over a week.  Couldn't pass them up for $130.  

needed to make these a little more stealthy. may do the heel tab too

next up Romaleos
i NEED mine to look like that. loved everything about this edition except for the volt heel. total noob when it comes to modifying shoes. can you please explain the process? what do i need and how durable is it?

I pm'd them. 10.5 most sold size since Metcons released.
dang so no luck for the total orange or grey/volt/black huh? well I guess I'll just wait and see if they release any new colorways or just settle with whatever colors are out right now

needed to make these a little more stealthy. may do the heel tab too

View media item 1679407

next up Romaleos

i NEED mine to look like that. loved everything about this edition except for the volt heel. total noob when it comes to modifying shoes. can you please explain the process? what do i need and how durable is it?

just some angelus paint and a brush. shoot me a pm if you need some help.

I felt like the volt heel was just too loud and distracted from the camo. will definitely be wearing these a lot more now.

Checking out this video and noticed Klokov wearing some Nike's I hadn't seen before. Guessing these are the Romaleo 3's. They look good!

Agreed! Wasn't even looking at Romaleos until I saw the price. Was a steal!
Mine arrived on Tuesday. I did my first workout in them this morning, first experience in any kind of Oly shoe. 10 Min EMOM 3 Position Snatch, then 10 Min EMOM 3 Position Clean. The non-existence of padding in them was a bit of a shock the first 5 mins as the bottom of my feet didn't really like that, but they started to adjust and I got used to it and the discomfort went away.

I really liked how they "locked" me to the floor and made it easier to keep my form through the movements. Coming off my knee injury I've really tried to make sure I have my form dialed to prevent hurting my knee again. I noticed a big difference with being able to keep my ankles lined up and not having them collapse inward compared to my metcons. Our WOD was a 7 Min AMRAP of 7 Shoulder to Overhead and 7 Box Jump Burpees. I decided to toss my metcons on for that for the padding dropping off the box as my knee isn't 100% yet. After one workout I am enjoying them so far. 

Last edited:

Mine arrived on Tuesday. I did my first workout in them this morning, first experience in any kind of Oly shoe. 10 Min EMOM 3 Position Snatch, then 10 Min EMOM 3 Position Clean. The non-existence of padding in them was a bit of a shock the first 5 mins as the bottom of my feet didn't really like that, but they started to adjust and I got used to it and the discomfort went away.

I really liked how they "locked" me to the floor and made it easier to keep my form through the movements. Coming off my knee injury I've really tried to make sure I have my form dialed to prevent hurting my knee again. I noticed a big difference with being able to keep my ankles lined up and not having them collapse inward compared to my metcons. Our WOD was a 7 Min AMRAP of 7 Shoulder to Overhead and 7 Box Jump Burpees. I decided to toss my metcons on for that for the padding dropping off the box as my knee isn't 100% yet. After one workout I am enjoying them so far. 
Thanks for the feedback. Assume I'll be doing the same and and swapping between the Romaleos and Metcons mid-workout as necessary.

I know this is the MetCon 1 thread but, I put these baby's to work as soon as I got them.
Nice! I bought the black but the blue looks great.

Back
Top Bottom