NIKE METCON THREAD - 7s out now

Anybody else notice a few oly lifters who usually wear nike and some nike crossfit folks wearing blacked out weightlifting shoes?? Gotta be testing out the Romaleo 3's for Rio

That Rasmus dude and Anthony Pomponio as well as some others I can't remember their names
I saw Rasmussen wearing blue Romaleos 2. Pomponio is being sneaky tho. Can't tell if he is joking on his IG or serious when answering people about his shoes. He says they are Romaleo 2s but they look different.

Last edited:
If anyone goes to a Sports Authority today I'm curious what kind of deals they have.

Dropped in a sports authority yesterday. Only 10% off. Probably bigger discounts down the road as they get closer to closing their retail stores. Hopefully some good sizes will be available but I won't get my hopes up

Anybody else notice a few oly lifters who usually wear nike and some nike crossfit folks wearing blacked out weightlifting shoes?? Gotta be testing out the Romaleo 3's for Rio

Yea. Rasmus had all-black romaleos in his "what's in the bag" YouTube video. Thought they might be 3's cause it's not a color way for the 2's.

Yea. Rasmus had all-black romaleos in his "what's in the bag" YouTube video. Thought they might be 3's cause it's not a color way for the 2's.
Could be! They don't look like the 2s. They look just like the ones Pomponio had.

I sure hope so.

Yesterday Reebok sent out a formal statement to volunteers & staff stating "Since you will be "working" with Reebok at Regionals, you will be required to wear only Reebok gear, no competitor gear will be allowed." I get their reasoning, working for Reebok, support Reebok, but this is the first year they have ever made anuniform brand mandatory.

Last year, or any year before this, they didn't seem to care that I had Metcons (or Nike brand gear on prior to Metcons being released) on while working as a filmer or photographer, but they aren't having it this year :tongue:
 I know this is a little old, but I'll offer a tiny bit of insight since my gym has run the northwest/west/etc regionals since before they were regionals. For this years regionals, the only people "required" to wear reeboks, were judges. At the judges meeting they asked everyone, is everyone wearing reeboks and everyone was good except a couple guys had on Innovas since they thought it was purely a nike thing. So those guys went and got new shoes from the reebok booth and apparently all the other judges got a coupon for a free pair of shoes as well. I hadn't heard anything about the regionals after that, but volunteers not on the actual floor shouldn't have a uniform. Especially when they're busting their *** for 1-5 days (not an easy weekend by any means).

Wish we could get a peek at the games Metcon 2 colorway.
A royal version of the banneds would be dope
I want something inspired by these with some tie in to dominating the Tennis Stadium. May be last year for Stub Hub so it would work.
f9a9913f0c4e20e1aec96367b1fa29bb.jpg

Anyone else think that these Nike's that Fraser is wearing are something new? They are black but have a distinct red hue to them. Maybe a Metcon 3 prototype?

Back
Top Bottom