* NIKE RUNNING - 2008 Releases *

Status
Not open for further replies.
I lost the link to the public gallery where I found all of these, but here are a bunch of 2008 running releases. These are really the performance runningshoes, so look deeper into them than just the looks. The Bowerman Series shoes (Pegasus, Vomero, Skylon, Moto) should continue to raise their level ofquality, and the two Lunar shoes could be huge in the elite running world. A few others (most notably the Experience+) are likely a little more style thanperformance, but some of them look pretty slick.

1r6icw.jpg

Air Pegasus+ 25 (25th Anniversary Release)

f3ufjd.jpg

Zoom Vomero+ 3

33wqt7o.jpg

Zoom Skylon+ 2

2uyg48h.jpg

Max Moto+ 6

iz6fz7.jpg

Lunar Racer+ (Lunar foam is blend of a unique elastomer with modified synthetic rubber compound... aka very, very light)

ftiijt.jpg

Lunar Trainer+ (Lunar foam, again... see above)

flanua.jpg

Zoom Trail S+

19bgwz.jpg

Free Everyday+

33yruhe.jpg

Air Initiate+

2hehnxu.jpg

Zoom Victory+

ridjef.jpg

Experience+

Note the Air cushioning in a Shox alignment in those last ones, the Experience+. I'm not sure how seriously these could be taken as a performance runningshoe, but they could be ridiculously comfortable. I've seen more pics of those in a few different colors... I'll try to track them down and postlater.

hmmm....that last pair interesting. I also notice that they used a remarkably underwhelming upper to showcase the new tech (360s)

Originally Posted by lobotomybeats

hmmm....that last pair interesting. I also notice that they used a remarkably underwhelming upper to showcase the new tech (360s)

I found those other pics I was looking for, and in these the upper is not so underwhelming:

33uyhpt.jpg
2rrvxg0.jpg

Thanks for posting...

The 25th Pegasus looks like last year's Structure Triax.

I wonder what the deal is on the heel cushioning for the Experience +. The Shox system looks almost like something from another brand.

I question that Lunar Racer as a dependable running shoe.

Originally Posted by FLINTGREY

I question that Lunar Racer as a dependable running shoe.

It's really a minimalist distance racing shoe, targeted towards elite runners... not meant for the casual runner.

I have never had a pair of Frees, but I may pick up some of the Free Everdays as I have seen some of the other colorways that look pretty nice.e

Originally Posted by markyd33psu

I found those other pics I was looking for, and in these the upper is not so underwhelming:

33uyhpt.jpg
2rrvxg0.jpg

oh those are much better. I'd like a pair with some green on them.

33wqt7o.jpg

these are nice.
2uyg48h.jpg

been a moto guy since the start so these will probably get a look.

ridjef.jpg

what exactly is going on here?

i've been meaning to try the vomeros ever since they were introduced. i've heard nothing but good things about them.

the experience+ look interesting, to say the least. are the shox columns replaced with "air bubble" columns? hard to tell from the pics.

Vomero and Everyday's look very nice. A lot of great looking shoes in 08. I love some Nike runners, thanks for the post!

exerythings looking pretty good. i really like the victories, some better cw's could really set those off. both lunars look good to. all in all verypromising.

Experience looks similar to what Reebok has been doing with their DMX geared stuff.

Free Everyday are gonna be NICE. I'm feelin that Lunar too.

Originally Posted by B1LLY HOYLE

Experience looks similar to what Reebok has been doing with their DMX geared stuff.

Very true... same with some of Asics' cross trainers:

nweqew.jpg
206yk9e.jpg

Originally Posted by markyd33psu

33uyhpt.jpg
2rrvxg0.jpg

oh those are much better. I'd like a pair with some green on them.

There is also a black/silver and white/silver model releasing in Canada.

The Lunar Racer was a great looking shoe.... seems to have the same upper as the Hyperdunk... Flyfit, I believe?

Vomero's green is a little deeper in person.

MarkyD,

Do you have release months for all those shoes, particularly the Pegasus and Vomero 3's?

I have a pair of Vomero 2's and love them so I'm looking forward to the update and this colorway looks really good.

peace

Jonas

The experience has air inside each unit, no shox at all, just the look of shox.

"Another interesting note, the color on the air units comes from actually tinting the film of the air unit, versus having colored foam inside the air likewhat is traditionally done. Coloring the film is an expensive and very technical process that involves something like a chemical dip and having the colormolecularly bond to the film. It was interesting hearing how they did it."

-JT from kicksguide

Originally Posted by Jonas Dees

Do you have release months for all those shoes, particularly the Pegasus and Vomero 3's?
The Vomero 3 will be out in April, and the Peg 25 will be out in July. In general, the Bowerman Series releases on the same schedule each year...Structure Triax, Zoom Elite, and Span drop in January; Vomero's in April; Skylon, Pegasus, and Moto in July; and Equalon in October.
Most of these other shoes release in July with the exception of the Zoom Trail S (which drops in April) and the Lunar shoes (which I'm not sure about anrelease date for).

I saw another colorway of the Zoom Trail S, and I'm actually really liking the looks of them... they're blue and yellow. Something about it (maybejust the colors and low midfoot) just reminds me of the old Terra Albis a little bit. Not sure if I'd take them out running, but I'm digging thelook...

pegasus reminds me of the brooks trance 7 from this past year.. Nike is behind the times it seems: trance:
7769-435511-d.jpg

pegasus:
1r6icw.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom