Nike starts ONLINE RAFFLES to compete with bots

Can't wait to see Dan from California and John from Texas winning raffles for Niketown Chicago lol. This better be an app using location like Adidas

Last edited:

Only difference however is it is randomly generated and not where you are going up against guys on mega servers with a million fake twitter accts.  You can still have a million accts if you have that much time on your hand but, the picking process is 100% random and open for exactly 30 mins.  The guy who submits a raffle entry at the 30 mins mark is just as likely as the guy at the 1 millisecond mark.  
its going to take a little extra work, getting cell numbers and creating nike accounts with text verification.  i hope nike banned cell numbers that don't pick up releases.  i like it much more than ftl raffles where you going up against multiple families of ten. 
Collecting cell phone numbers and Nike account logins isn't any different than what ATC services do now, but it still won't matter considering the random selection process. 

I hope they implement this @ Nike LA and @ Nike SM. I hate driving to LA to pick up raffle tickets...so much so that I never do it! 
laugh.gif
  I wish Nike Costa Mesa in Triangle Square was still around, that place was clutch for me.  

Pretty sure this is also affecting online releases as the online stock get sent to Nike stores to be picked up. I mean really do you think they would do all these delays and do a big announcement for something they're basically already doing besides extending the RSVP the 24 hours I'm pretty damn sure this also applies online

Call me crazy but I would rather continue to do in store raffles . The online system will be a mess. Every family of 20 plus people will enter for a pair. A person like Solemartyr will code 85,000 google voice accounts per store to take all the pairs. People will enter like they do the Shiekh raffle "for practice" with no intention to pick up a pair. Then unclaimed pairs will easily be backdoored just like Shiekh at 1:00.

Nike doesn't care about people that work or have to drive to their store from a long way away. The only thing they care about is a couple of employee's are taken off the floor to conduct the raffle.

So I really hope this fails and they continue an in person raffle which might not hold 100% integrity but at least gets rid of the senarios I described of mass cheating the system .

Was just coming to mention about the practice and pairs not picked up..  

Last edited:
It's A plus but then again A minus too me in my situation. I would not have too make 2 trips during the week of release. Drive too Portland too enter raffles not like I ever did anyway, but then wait for A call and drive back up on Saturday too claim shoes. Now I can enter from home, but will have too drive 2 1/2 hrs too pick up on Saturday. Would only be worth it for L releases IMO. So I guess too all they're is A plus and A minus in everyone's own situation. Does suck for those like was posted last page that Kansas Wyoming them states won't be able too purchase really anything other than on line now. I think they can still come up with something better but at least this gives A little better chance for those who never seem too get through on release days.

I like this better than driving all over town to enter raffles. I expect its easier on the workers too

It's A plus but then again A minus too me in my situation. I would not have too make 2 trips during the week of release. Drive too Portland too enter raffles not like I ever did anyway, but then wait for A call and drive back up on Saturday too claim shoes. Now I can enter from home, but will have too drive 2 1/2 hrs too pick up on Saturday. Would only be worth it for L releases IMO. So I guess too all they're is A plus and A minus in everyone's own situation. Does suck for those like was posted last page that Kansas Wyoming them states won't be able too purchase really anything other than on line now. I think they can still come up with something better but at least this gives A little better chance for those who never seem too get through on release days.

I have never in my life seen someone use the wrong "too" as many times as you just did.

Call me crazy but I would rather continue to do in store raffles . The online system will be a mess. Every family of 20 plus people will enter for a pair. A person like Solemartyr will code 85,000 google voice accounts per store to take all the pairs. People will enter like they do the Shiekh raffle "for practice" with no intention to pick up a pair. Then unclaimed pairs will easily be backdoored just like Shiekh at 1:00.

Nike doesn't care about people that work or have to drive to their store from a long way away. The only thing they care about is a couple of employee's are taken off the floor to conduct the raffle.

So I really hope this fails and they continue an in person raffle which might not hold 100% integrity but at least gets rid of the senarios I described of mass cheating the system .
solemartyr doesnt do stuff like that. if anything, he tries to help against bots and paying for atcs and all that. i dont think it will be that easy to mass cheat as you say. as for shiekh selling unclaimed pairs after 1pm, how is that any different than a footlocker selling the unclaimed raffle pairs backdoor after 6pm? isnt that specific to the store anyways? all stores are different, i've been lucky at shiekh's after 1pm
^Its just Nike, so you will still be driving all over town for a raffle if you enter anywhere else
thats fine. houston is a big *** city with ****** traffic, any stores I can eliminate will be a huge help.

Last edited:
I hope they implement this @ Nike LA and @ Nike SM. I hate driving to LA to pick up raffle tickets...so much so that I never do it! :lol:   I wish Nike Costa Mesa in Triangle Square was still around, that place was clutch for me.  

Yep I hate hate driving to the Nike Stores and Beverly Center. Its a nightmare as I live near riverside lol.

Wouldn't every account need a valid cell phone number that accepts text messages and valid ID at the time of pick up? I don't think resellers can come up with all that if they are entering multiple times.

my nike+ account doesnt show me where to put in my phone number, only my address and email. Am i just not finding it? someone help if possible.

Yep I hate hate driving to the Nike Stores and Beverly Center. Its a nightmare as I live near riverside lol.

Yeah, no doubt. I'm surprise you even make that drive. Hopefully, you've won a few pairs here and there to make it worth it. For me, it's not really an option as the only time I can go is after work around 5 ish. Might as well [emoji]128542[/emoji] [emoji]128299[/emoji]

Back
Top Bottom