Nike starts ONLINE RAFFLES to compete with bots

Well, thats a step in the right direction.... Hope we can get something similar for online releases.

I will always love my nikes but they have lost a lot of money from my pockets because of this fiasco the past few years. 

I will say it will be a lot harder to win raffles at Niketown now. Not everybody has time to go in store to enter, but they sure can find time out of their day to do it online.
Agreed it opens it up to alot more peeps. I didnt go to the Seattle NT for any raffles because it took too much time to go out there. This online raffle just helps lazy people like me. lol

If it doesn't effect online releases, which I think it does. (It's confusing) why put this is the press excerpt "If that's the case, people trying to game the system with bots, which complete the checkout process faster than a human possibly can, wouldn't necessarily have an advantage." Complete the checkout process faster than a human can-this only applies online, doesn't apply to winning a raffle and going to Niketown(gotta be outlets too). Also it would only apply to Major limited releases. There still gonna sell all there other ****.
In regards to this new raffle system, which press excerpt does it say anything about bots?

My goodness this thread perfectly sums up Niketalk as a whole.  JESUS! 
roll.gif

To the dudes that didn't read:
If you live near a Niketown: NOTHING HAS CHANGED.
If you don't live near a Niketown: NOTHING HAS CHANGED.

TL;DR: NOTHING HAS CHANGED,

Agreed it opens it up to alot more peeps. I didnt go to the Seattle NT for any raffles because it took too much time to go out there. This online raffle just helps lazy people like me. lol
In the same breath you have to realize that instead of people having 2-3 days for raffle tix they now have 30 mins.  I think the first go around a ton of people will swing and miss just by being at work, school, or not doing some homework to know when to be ready to enter raffle.

Sure you may have gained the lazy type but, the lazy type are also the ones that you'll read about them forgetting the day of the raffle. 

This is super confusing. I think most of you are right about it applying to Niketown stores but I took that quote from sole collector article talking about this exact subject. Not sure if it was directly from Nike or the author of the article talking about this new program. But it referenced customers using bots to quickly check out-which doesn't apply to Niketown purchases. That's what threw me off. I think this is a joke,unless Nike comes back with a streamlined and affective online system to purchase rare sneakers. Which I hope they are doing, If they delayed all those releases of Jordans to only put them back out with any change whatsoever that's insane. Nike can't be this naive. ****

This is super confusing. I think most of you are right about it applying to Niketown stores but I took that quote from sole collector article talking about this exact subject. Not sure if it was directly from Nike or the author of the article talking about this new program. But it referenced customers using bots to quickly check out-which doesn't apply to Niketown purchases. That's what threw me off. I think this is a joke,unless Nike comes back with a streamlined and affective online system to purchase rare sneakers. Which I hope they are doing, If they delayed all those releases of Jordans to only put them back out with any change whatsoever that's insane. Nike can't be this naive. ****
Stopped reading after you said sole collector

I will say it will be a lot harder to win raffles at Niketown now. Not everybody has time to go in store to enter, but they sure can find time out of their day to do it online.

Cats like me, that live in Philly.

I can now enter online and if I win, I'll go up to NY to pick up. But no way would I go twice in one week (once to enter and once to pick up the shoe).

Cats like me, that live in Philly.

I can now enter online and if I win, I'll go up to NY to pick up. But no way would I go twice in one week (once to enter and once to pick up the shoe).

Only thing that sucks is all the out of state people that have absolutely 0 intentions to buy but, are putting in raffle tickets just to test out system.

I mean it can't be perfect but, it's a start and it sure as hell looks a hell of allot harder for people to rig this one.

Not sure if it's posted yet but Nike has a new way to hopefully level the playing field
So in NYC we're gonna see tons of Chinese grandmas and paid bums lining up for raffles. No matter what, people find a way to scam the system.

Wow swing and miss already.

Well that was allot smoother then going in store and waiting randomly forever for them to call you.

They need a raffle for ndc as well

What was the point of cancelling releases on ndc then?

Waiting plans for here... for NIKE Europe... NIKE not canceled the launch here in Europe... but at the end of the countdown of the release he appeared directly sold out... they never put on sale!!!... no bots or anything... unsold!!!...

I know they did not sold the AJ 1 Chicago... but here we are waiting for the online release plans... if they think release...
:smh:

Man i wish that was true

No way in hell nike takes the time to do tha

And for that to be effective they would have to go through all the personal info so that people wont cop multiple pairs by entering tons of entries

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom