Nike Zoom 2K3 - The Beauty From Within.

I bluffed heavy on these back in highschool... Now I'm regretting it...
tired.gif

I hope a pair comes up in my size on eBay one day soon!!...

Originally Posted by shoesncards4life

I Had the all black back in the day. I sold it coz of the hard shell casing caused pain in my ankles.

Rock,

I'm a lil dude so I don't have thick ankles but I always got cuts right above the malleoli if I didn't wear high socks. That TPU shell just had no padding; should of had the Dynamic Fit sleeve be full-length.

These are seriously the ultimate bball shoe. FOR REAL.

I remember big men wore them too. I was so gassed when I first found, then copped these from some high corner of an old Sports Authority stockroom, then bought em for $15.
Super sexy all black, super comfy, after break in they're for real just an overall classic great shoe.

I beat mine to death, i probably still have them from YEARS ago and I still wore them for outdoor bball tourneys 2years ago. I copped em in like 2003.
laugh.gif
, the sole was scraped down to damn-near the insole, but i still put them back on while having other newer nikes.

My heart bleeds Zoom Flight 2k3!! (fix the thread title!) Yes, I'm gassed. haha

I used to love these until they cut my ankle or heel cant remember exactly, had the white/blue & White/red

Somebody Sunday was getting rid of about 4 pairs on Ebay in size 10.5-11. Thought it was you, Rock.

Originally Posted by MP23

Rock,

I'm a lil dude so I don't have thick ankles but I always got cuts right above the malleoli if I didn't wear high socks. That TPU shell just had no padding; should of had the Dynamic Fit sleeve be full-length.

THAT I do agree with and more achilles padding.. as it wore down but it took a while to wear down for me.
Dukie I would have been buying them all for real.  Jmizz sent me links to some, but at 150 I couldn't touch em. I would be trying to get any 10.5s or 11s possible.  Hell I'd trade some of my GOOD stuff for 2k3's.. Thats how strongly I feel about those.

Anyone have a pair of Black/Red or Orange/Whites or Royal/Whites let me know.  I got something for ya.  They never needed a break in period for me.  Maybe I put alot of force on them right out of the box, but I hover around 200lbs and Im 6'3 so not any more than anyone else would I suppose.

I loved Damon Stoudamire's PE's. A NTer on here owns a pair DS wore when he was a member of the Grizzlies and Trailblazers.

Originally Posted by RockDeep

Question to all the dudes who said they had Ankle rubbing? Did you have thick ankles or lower legs? Im not big or slight.. somewhere right in the middle and I've never had that problem walking in them but can see where Ankle rubbing would be a problem playing.
For me the ankle rubbing happened on the outside of each ankle.  Right where the top of the shell meets the skin on my ankle, it chaffed to the point where I was bleeding after about an hour of playing.  But that was mostly because I was wearing no shows and i had them laced up to the very top eyelet.  Problem fixed after i wore thick crews.

I owned probably 10 pairs and always LOVED them and didn't even wear them for a while after getting them. I initially bought them for looks.. then balled in a Black pair and was in love.

The P.E.s for these were CRAZY....
97025b3e53e9288b394597b34f8bf2aaed7b5d1.pjpg

thats Rashard Lewis pair...

-Tyler

Originally Posted by MP23

Rock,

THAT I do agree with and more achilles padding.. as it wore down but it took a while to wear down for me.
Dukie I would have been buying them all for real.  Jmizz sent me links to some, but at 150 I couldn't touch em. I would be trying to get any 10.5s or 11s possible.  Hell I'd trade some of my GOOD stuff for 2k3's.. Thats how strongly I feel about those.

Anyone have a pair of Black/Red or Orange/Whites or Royal/Whites let me know.  I got something for ya.  They never needed a break in period for me.  Maybe I put alot of force on them right out of the box, but I hover around 200lbs and Im 6'3 so not any more than anyone else would I suppose.
Co-sign completely...
sz 12-12.5 is damn near impossible to find. I swear...other than Damon's Biggie PEs really.
Wish i could have afforded more in my younger days when i had my pairs. I wear i've never felt a shoe anywhere near this one. I used them indoor, AND outdoor and nothing compared still. Felt like i could cut quick & bounce out the gym
pimp.gif

scooped a up a pair from ebay a few weeks back. white/black pair, very lightly used. I DON"T buy used shoes, but i just had to have them. look forward to balling in them. too busy doing p90x to go play ball.

i have a pretty new white/red pair in my garage but it has a fat !$@ 110% on the toe area. my friend swore he found the ultimate leather cleaner (nail polish remover) and was so positive it would even get sharpie off. so when i asked him "how positive are you" he said "110%" only he said that in the form of a sharpie on the toe box. needless to say it didnt get the sharpie off.

Originally Posted by andfattoo

i never had the chance to try these on. what do they feel like?
think zoom bb1, but slightly stiffer heel to toe transition, and stiffer ankle collar/ side panels.   bb1>2k3, my 2cents, but glad i have both.  hopefully we will see them retro sometime. 

Back
Top Bottom