Nike Zoom BB

I've been looking for my next pair of basketball shoes and I'm interested in the Zoom BB line.

I'm not too familiar with the cushioning on these shoes, so could someone fill me in on the zoom tech in them? I heard about the BB1 lows having only heel zoom, what about the BB2 Mids/lows?

What are the key differences between the BB1 and BB2?

And are these legit? They look pretty nice.

%21BvvF0Gw%21Wk%7E%24%28KGrHqR,%21gsEv1sfRyWiBMFyIbZMU%21%7E%7E0_12.JPG

I've been looking for my next pair of basketball shoes and I'm interested in the Zoom BB line.

I'm not too familiar with the cushioning on these shoes, so could someone fill me in on the zoom tech in them? I heard about the BB1 lows having only heel zoom, what about the BB2 Mids/lows?

What are the key differences between the BB1 and BB2?

And are these legit? They look pretty nice.

%21BvvF0Gw%21Wk%7E%24%28KGrHqR,%21gsEv1sfRyWiBMFyIbZMU%21%7E%7E0_12.JPG

BB series the mids have full length zoom

BB2 is a little wider than the BB1, not as good lockdown
think BB2 = hyperize, bb1 = hyperdunk in terms of fit

it has been dissected in the review forum that the BB lows only have heel zoom

BB series the mids have full length zoom

BB2 is a little wider than the BB1, not as good lockdown
think BB2 = hyperize, bb1 = hyperdunk in terms of fit

it has been dissected in the review forum that the BB lows only have heel zoom

Originally Posted by scshift

I'm not too familiar with the cushioning on these shoes, so could someone fill me in on the zoom tech in them? >

Mids have full length zoom. Traction is pretty good. Low to the ground feel, good support if you can get a proper fit.

at circa $110.00 Was often hailed as a 'performance bargain', up there with some of the $130 + sig shoes but Nike got real cheap in the last few years and killed the BB line.

...now for 'ifs and buts'.

There's the Zoom BB1 and the Zoom BB 1 AF.

The AF fits a little wider, and most if not all the BB1 listed by Asian sellers on eBay are the AF (Asian Fit?)

There's also the BB3, which IIRC didn't get a US release, but has been seen at some US outlets. Overall feels a little cheaper than the BB1.

Apparently there won't be a BB4. Full stop. - See what i said about Nike getting cheap.

If you tip the scales a little heavy, the BB1 may not be for you. I found the zoom on the 1 a little too spongy, and extended wear resulted in some discomfort on the lateral side of my feet.

Originally Posted by scshift

I'm not too familiar with the cushioning on these shoes, so could someone fill me in on the zoom tech in them? >

Mids have full length zoom. Traction is pretty good. Low to the ground feel, good support if you can get a proper fit.

at circa $110.00 Was often hailed as a 'performance bargain', up there with some of the $130 + sig shoes but Nike got real cheap in the last few years and killed the BB line.

...now for 'ifs and buts'.

There's the Zoom BB1 and the Zoom BB 1 AF.

The AF fits a little wider, and most if not all the BB1 listed by Asian sellers on eBay are the AF (Asian Fit?)

There's also the BB3, which IIRC didn't get a US release, but has been seen at some US outlets. Overall feels a little cheaper than the BB1.

Apparently there won't be a BB4. Full stop. - See what i said about Nike getting cheap.

If you tip the scales a little heavy, the BB1 may not be for you. I found the zoom on the 1 a little too spongy, and extended wear resulted in some discomfort on the lateral side of my feet.

Funny... I just wore my BB 1's yesterday for the first time. I love them (as do a lot of peeps with the BB line). They are absolutely right, the feel spongy but you feel very close to the ground. Ankle support feels real good because you always feel like the shoe is under you. Sorry for the weird analogy.

Funny... I just wore my BB 1's yesterday for the first time. I love them (as do a lot of peeps with the BB line). They are absolutely right, the feel spongy but you feel very close to the ground. Ankle support feels real good because you always feel like the shoe is under you. Sorry for the weird analogy.

bb1's are one of the best performance bball shoes nike has produced within the last few years. i could go on and on about this shoe. there was a frenzy when the TB colorways showed up at the outlets for between 25 and 50 bucks. there are pages and pages about this shoe in this forum. http://niketalk.com/topic/142479 full length zoom is getting real hard to come by lately. if you can get your hands on some bb1s, DO IT. you won't be sorry. If you get a pair of BB3's either from the outlets, ebay, etc, go a half size down, the run a little bigger.

As for the bb1 lows, the all white nashes have heel only as shown by the dude who disected them, but the GREY TOE NASHES have FULL LENGTH ZOOM. (how do i know? i have some.) the lows are advanced fit, which means they run a little wider than the highs . don't know about some of the other low colorways and their cushioning set up.

Nike please retro the BB1s and give us the TB colorways like you should have the first time around

bb1's are one of the best performance bball shoes nike has produced within the last few years. i could go on and on about this shoe. there was a frenzy when the TB colorways showed up at the outlets for between 25 and 50 bucks. there are pages and pages about this shoe in this forum. http://niketalk.com/topic/142479 full length zoom is getting real hard to come by lately. if you can get your hands on some bb1s, DO IT. you won't be sorry. If you get a pair of BB3's either from the outlets, ebay, etc, go a half size down, the run a little bigger.

As for the bb1 lows, the all white nashes have heel only as shown by the dude who disected them, but the GREY TOE NASHES have FULL LENGTH ZOOM. (how do i know? i have some.) the lows are advanced fit, which means they run a little wider than the highs . don't know about some of the other low colorways and their cushioning set up.

Nike please retro the BB1s and give us the TB colorways like you should have the first time around

How are the BB II highs? I have a wider foot and I heard those were wider, so that works out. I'm interested in the silver version I posted, but the perforations are removed from the side panels. Does it compromise breathability significantly?

And when you say the BB1s were spongy, does that make the BB II perfectly responsive?

How are the BB II highs? I have a wider foot and I heard those were wider, so that works out. I'm interested in the silver version I posted, but the perforations are removed from the side panels. Does it compromise breathability significantly?

And when you say the BB1s were spongy, does that make the BB II perfectly responsive?

never tried the 2s. i love my bb1s, which is why i have 4 pairs of them to play ball in. i dont think they are spongy, just my opinion.

never tried the 2s. i love my bb1s, which is why i have 4 pairs of them to play ball in. i dont think they are spongy, just my opinion.

I could not love the BB1 any more (What's happening, Damon?!!?)...if you wear a 12, stay off of eBay as you will hate them. If you wear any other size than 12, then you should buy them ASAP. Can't speak on the II but the consensus was that they lacked in comparison to the I.

I have 6 pair ( 2 white/black TB, 1 white/navy TB, 1 black/white, 1 Kidd HOH and 1 Homegrown HOH ) and am always looking for more TB in any color in a size 12.

I could not love the BB1 any more (What's happening, Damon?!!?)...if you wear a 12, stay off of eBay as you will hate them. If you wear any other size than 12, then you should buy them ASAP. Can't speak on the II but the consensus was that they lacked in comparison to the I.

I have 6 pair ( 2 white/black TB, 1 white/navy TB, 1 black/white, 1 Kidd HOH and 1 Homegrown HOH ) and am always looking for more TB in any color in a size 12.

Nike released the BB II Low N7s on their website. Looks interesting but I get the feeling they're only heel zoom. I still can't decide between the BB1 and BB2... this is really aggravating also because I don't have access to either shoe to try on.

Nike released the BB II Low N7s on their website. Looks interesting but I get the feeling they're only heel zoom. I still can't decide between the BB1 and BB2... this is really aggravating also because I don't have access to either shoe to try on.

Here's what some dissections that others have done have revealed about the BB line:

-BB2 Lows only have heel Zoom, nothing in the forefoot
-BB3 has heel/forefoot Zoom, not full-length

Here's what some dissections that others have done have revealed about the BB line:

-BB2 Lows only have heel Zoom, nothing in the forefoot
-BB3 has heel/forefoot Zoom, not full-length

^^^ don't decide...get 'em both! you can find relatively cheap pairs on ebay (depending on your size). you will NOT be disappointed. as others have said, there are subtle differences b/w the bb1 and bb2 (toebox room, snugness of fit, flexibility, etc). but these are both EXCELLENT ballin shoes, far better than anything currently on the market--though i am looking forward to trying the hyperdunk 2010.

^^^ don't decide...get 'em both! you can find relatively cheap pairs on ebay (depending on your size). you will NOT be disappointed. as others have said, there are subtle differences b/w the bb1 and bb2 (toebox room, snugness of fit, flexibility, etc). but these are both EXCELLENT ballin shoes, far better than anything currently on the market--though i am looking forward to trying the hyperdunk 2010.

Back
Top Bottom