Nike Zoom Rookie - another Penny Hardaway hybrid (August 2011)

Originally Posted by memphisboi55

laugh.gif
@ "I asked Nike"

LMAOOO....I STILL THINK THEY ARE FOAM..I THINK SOMEONE IS TAKING THAT FOAM LIKE THING TOO SERIOUSLY... IT DOES NOT FEEL LIKE HARD PLASTIC

Originally Posted by memphisboi55

laugh.gif
@ "I asked Nike"
I have to admit THIS made me chuckle....
Just to put this to rest I went to the source....and thats all I'll say.

Foamposite Material was used on this shoe.  So take it or leave it.

Im happy at $200 or $120 either way... and you are talking to a guy who gets his joints either free... or at a significant discount... so for ME to be willing to pay full price is unreal... 

If ya want to tell me Nike got over on me... well I probably came out on top in the bigger scheme of things
wink.gif

261gjtf.jpg

Originally Posted by NikeDealer

call me a sucker for the design ....

this.

at the end of the day i buy what i like, knowing that the vast majority of crap we buy isn't worth anywhere near what we're being charged anyway. that is that case with every pair of nike shoes ever released, not just these. that also includes the cheap, replica concords we ALL just jumped thru hoops to get, no??.
laugh.gif

v63yog.jpg

End of the day, if ur a foam/flightposite head there really are only the foam ones, foam pros, foam max, fp1-fp3 and the ultraposite so I hope people aren't buying these simply because they're 'foams', whether they are or aren't.

If you think these are worth the money, great. I loved the design of these from the start, but when I went to see these in person they just didn't feel like something worth $200, or $150 even. I didn't buy them and I'm happy with that decision. Bottom line is, if someone thinks something is of value and appreciates what they buy, great, no reason to hate on them for that. If someone thinks something isn't worth the money bc of poor quality, they shouldn't buy it just because they're the 'new foams'.

Also, back in my day (I'm in my early 20s, so it's sad me saying this), foams were made for balling. These are obviously not, so these are useless as 'foams' in my book. Just my opinion on these

Originally Posted by NikeDealer

I feel bad for the Jordan fans waiting on that Awful 2012....

Its not the worse.

Its the absolute worse.

Gotta agree with you there, Rock.  I haven't seen them in person yet (which is usually what I wait on to pass judgment), but as of now, I've got them below the XV as the worst yet.

Peace,
    J

i paid retail for my binary's and a little over retail for my gitd's and i feel like it was worth it. I could care less if they are "foamposite" or not...

I still got to say, this is one bada-- looking shoe.

No joke. Whoever the Nike designers were, you get like a million gold stars on this one.

*turns head to Nike's technology department* You guys, however… alittle bubblegum sized sliver of zoom? And the countless complaints of discomfort?
30t6p3b.gif

But on design, I hear you, Rock. On a 0 - 10 scale, these are a solid 11. Wouldn't mind paying $100 for them, like the dude I was going back and forth with.

If ya want to tell me Nike got over on me... well I probably came out on top in the bigger scheme of things
wink.gif

Rock you have inside connects so u don't really fall into the same category as the rest of us consumers although i am suprised u paid retail for a pair . So yeah in the grand scheme of things you came out way ahead.

these are lovely. and its been discussed that swapping the insole makes the world of difference on these. id imagine they are durable also except for certain "crease" points that I tend to observe on some unworn pairs.

lol, shot myself in the foot.

i had the white/black from NDC, they were tight as hell for my true size, i returned it to exchange for bigger size, bu tnow the size is sold out HAHAHAHAHHAHAH!!!!!!!!!!!

i bought these when it had free shipping, and i didnt want to buy it right away and pay shipping. the $8 saving cost me the shoe hahahahah.. oh well.

the binaries got away from me.. now these white/black ones.. not meant to be.. least got the concords i guess..

I received my pair yesterday from swoosh.  I ordered sz 12.  Box was sz 12 and shoes were 11.5.  Come on NIKE, check the shoes and boxes to make sure that they match
eyes.gif
.  I was afraid shoes might be a mismatched pair
tired.gif
, but they weren't
happy.gif
.   The 11.5 fit perfect
pimp.gif
.  I'm just happy it worked out for me in this case
wink.gif

Those black joints look sooo hurt.

They were going to be the only ones I would of been remotely interested, but a blue sole?! They look mad corny.

Dead that $%%! Nike. This whole line was a flop IMO.

Originally Posted by sorianotron

NikeDealer wrote:
Just to put this to rest I went to the source....and thats all I'll say.
Foamposite Material was used on this shoe.  So take it or leave it.

Either Marc lying to you or he never owned a pair of foams.

Read my words home slice.  Foam material was used.... 
Ever heard of a Cotton Blend?

Silk Like?

Rayon lol

seeing how redundant nike has been recently, i wouldnt doubt they would do an all black pair
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by bigj505

23ska909red02 - i love the condescending matter in which you speak.
you new analogy is better defined that the crap u threw out there before.

i remember when we used to be proud of the nike line when we would see the crap JB was pulling. that crap has spread to nike now also.

with that said, unless you own a pair and actually wear them, i really, really dont think one can give this shoe a fair judgement. nobody has to pay the pricepoint nike is throwing out there and i dont agree with it 1 bit. i actually paid 100 each for 2 binaries and the white/black rookies so you can chill with that "im making top companies rich" garbage.

my original point, and it still is, people are nitpicking because they dont really want to buy the shoe. the whole, well its not foamposite, bs is terrible imo. it doesnt make the shoe any different than what it was when someone THOUGHT it was foamposite and the fact that current foamposites dont touch what older foamposites WERE makes me wonder if the same people complaining about the foam really know what they are complaining about.

Why is it so hard to understand that people do not want to buy this shoe because THEY ARE PRICED AS HIGH AS OTHER PENNY HYBRIDS/FOAMS BUT THEY INCLUDE LESS TECH THAN THOSE SHOES? (not yelling, emphasizing). 
I am one of those who never owned foams until the re-release of the Royals because at the time they were financially out of reach, and upon wearing them and playing in them I.felt that the price range was appropriate. Visually, the Zoom Rookie is very well executed, but I'm not shelling out $200 when the tech is inferior to models the Zoom Rookie is supposed to have evolved from. 

That's robbery. 

Originally Posted by Gry60

Originally Posted by bigj505

23ska909red02 - i love the condescending matter in which you speak.
you new analogy is better defined that the crap u threw out there before.

i remember when we used to be proud of the nike line when we would see the crap JB was pulling. that crap has spread to nike now also.

with that said, unless you own a pair and actually wear them, i really, really dont think one can give this shoe a fair judgement. nobody has to pay the pricepoint nike is throwing out there and i dont agree with it 1 bit. i actually paid 100 each for 2 binaries and the white/black rookies so you can chill with that "im making top companies rich" garbage.

my original point, and it still is, people are nitpicking because they dont really want to buy the shoe. the whole, well its not foamposite, bs is terrible imo. it doesnt make the shoe any different than what it was when someone THOUGHT it was foamposite and the fact that current foamposites dont touch what older foamposites WERE makes me wonder if the same people complaining about the foam really know what they are complaining about.

Why is it so hard to understand that people do not want to buy this shoe because THEY ARE PRICED AS HIGH AS OTHER PENNY HYBRIDS/FOAMS BUT THEY INCLUDE LESS TECH THAN THOSE SHOES? (not yelling, emphasizing). 
I am one of those who never owned foams until the re-release of the Royals because at the time they were financially out of reach, and upon wearing them and playing in them I.felt that the price range was appropriate. Visually, the Zoom Rookie is very well executed, but I'm not shelling out $200 when the tech is inferior to models the Zoom Rookie is supposed to have evolved from. 

That's robbery. 

Nobody said u had to pay 200. I sure didn't

bigj505:
Gry60:

That's robbery. 

True, no one specifically said "You have to pay $200!" But some people have gotten mighty defensive when people have talked about how the technology doesn't match the price point at all. Some people even laughed at those who have mentioned that the technology doesn't match the price point. And I'm not talking about anyone specific; just talking to everyone in general.

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

bigj505:
Gry60:

That's robbery. 
True, no one specifically said "You have to pay $200!" But some people have gotten mighty defensive when people have talked about how the technology doesn't match the price point at all. Some people even laughed at those who have mentioned that the technology doesn't match the price point. And I'm not talking about anyone specific; just talking to everyone in general.
technology and sneakers is extremely subjective tho.

i mean the tech in the jordan xi's isnt great at all and they are 180.
we, the consumers, could probably get better tech out of a pair of nike frees, kobes, hyperdunks, etc.

i just like the shoe in general and id hope the rest of us pay below retail too. i mean, the binarys were 160 shipped on uptempoair.com for a while. im sure the whites will be had for below retail too.

the price, the alleged exclusion of foamposite material, the blue soles, the comfort are various reasons why not to like the shoe but i think that they can all be overcome fairly easily to those that really want them.

Back
Top Bottom