Nike Zoom Vaporfly Elite 2017

So it's Europe's turn for these this Thursday...it's gonna be an 8am (London time) opening on NDC as ever right?

Is that maybe what Galen Rupp was wearing in Boston? Was hard to tell cuz he was running in the back of the lead pack for most of the race until he dropped out. He definitely had a brownish upper with a black tongue and black outsole, but not sure if he had that streak of green in there.

How do I talk to Nike and beg them to make a vapor street version of these?
5A85B9CA-DFAB-4919-86A3-D899F13839B4.jpeg

whoa, just realized the first one is on a racer sole, interdasting...

2nd and 4th def are elites, but hard to make out the 3rd, potentially the ZF with this flyprint material? Curious to read the purpose behind this/what the benefit is for this flyprint material.

whoa, just realized the first one is on a racer sole, interdasting...

2nd and 4th def are elites, but hard to make out the 3rd, potentially the ZF with this flyprint material? Curious to read the purpose behind this/what the benefit is for this flyprint material.
3 of those are just prototypes.

As for the purpose:

"The biggest challenge that he had for us was really how do we handle rain, humidity, and moisture. Because that was one of the things that was kind of slowing him down," explained Roger Chen, who works in digital innovation design at Nike, in an interview with Sole Collector. "Pretty much every footwear upper, as it starts raining the water gets absorbed; it gets heavier. We took that back internally to our design team and started brainstorming some different options."

Is that maybe what Galen Rupp was wearing in Boston? Was hard to tell cuz he was running in the back of the lead pack for most of the race until he dropped out. He definitely had a brownish upper with a black tongue and black outsole, but not sure if he had that streak of green in there.

Yes it was. Also Jordan Hasay was planning to run in those and Kamworor wore a black and white pair in March at Valencia.

The Flyprint elite is a decent..ish colurway. But the tech in the upper is amazing, to be lighter than flyknit is quite impressive. Seeing as I live in London and these will probably be my only chance to get an Vaporfly elite, I am going to try my best to get a pair this weekend.

Just copped my first pair of 4% finally. After dropping $250 it’s like I HAVE to get out here and put these miles up since I spent the cash.

Kipchoge has a great quote in that vid where he says the shoe "helps his muscles recover better because he doesn't have any impact from the ground". I think that's one of the biggest benefits of the Vaporfly's... You can train hard in them and you're not as sore afterwards. Since December, I've been doing 60 minute steady state runs, hard long runs, and fartleks in them and my legs feel so much better afterwards, less beat up than they would if I had done the same workouts in flats. If I can run a hard long run on sunday and still feel fresh enough for a 60 minute steady state MP run on Monday, that's so much better than if my legs are trashed for two or three days after the long run.

Kipchoge has a great quote in that vid where he says the shoe "helps his muscles recover better because he doesn't have any impact from the ground". I think that's one of the biggest benefits of the Vaporfly's... You can train hard in them and you're not as sore afterwards. Since December, I've been doing 60 minute steady state runs, hard long runs, and fartleks in them and my legs feel so much better afterwards, less beat up than they would if I had done the same workouts in flats. If I can run a hard long run on sunday and still feel fresh enough for a 60 minute steady state MP run on Monday, that's so much better than if my legs are trashed for two or three days after the long run.

This x 10000%. Shameless self-promotion, but when I did a video on the VF4%'s, that was my main benefit of loving them:

Check the picture below! Like getz_racer getz_racer mentioned, the durability of the midsole wrapping goes away FAST... but the shoe itself still works. The bottoms are scraped and battered up, but the rubber fronts and pods on the heels are surprisingly looking untouched.

40797492024_961698b91a_b.jpg

Thanks! Exactly what I was looking for. Are you a mid foot striker? I could care less how the shoe itself looks as long as it is comfortable and performing. To me, those would be a pleasant surprise after that many miles. I would have expected worse.

In the SC article it does mention that Rupp was wearing these yesterday.

Also of note, the release pair for London will cost $600. Crazy, but keep in mind this is an extremely early iteration of the design process as they've just been fine tuning it as recently as February. This is more a preview of what's to come for the 2020 Olympics and the price will definitely decrease over time when the product is manufactured for the masses.

i'm curious if they'll have a pair for Mo Farrah since I believe he'll be running the London marathon too

I've got 595.3 miles on my Ice Blue pair now. They still feel alright to me. I was planning on retiring them a couple weeks ago, but in WI where I live we've had a lot of April snow and the roads have been full of dirt and melt water. I couldn't bring myself to trash my brand new pair of bright crimsons so I've actually still been wearing these. Still responsive! I'm mostly a mid to forefoot striker. I've 220.3 on a hyper royal pair that I've been exclusively wearing on the treadmill for MP runs and hard long runs, the bottoms still look pristine. So it's the abrasion from the roads that rips the outer coating.

Here's what the Ice Blues currently look like:

IMG_0073.jpg IMG_0074.jpg IMG_0075.jpg IMG_0076.jpg

Back
Top Bottom