Nike Zoom Vaporfly Elite 2017

Looks like it has a ZoomX scrap insole and the one in the vid (Korean 275(mm)/US10) weighs 297 gms/10.47 oz. The guy's ZF4s in the same size are 288 gms/10.16 oz.

Last edited:
Where is the new Streakfly colorway? I don’t see it on Nike usa
That greenish fast pack colorway has dropped in other countries.

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    879.7 KB · Views: 436

Looks like it has a ZoomX scrap insole and the one in the vid (Korean 275(mm)/US10) weighs 297 gms/10.47 oz. The guy's ZF4s in the same size are 288 gms/10.16 oz.

I like the wider base of the 5 and the midsole looks squishier, hoping it lives up to expectations. Mine arriving tomorrow.

A man who wears those socks while out running, shouldn't be trusted imo lol

That's disappointing to hear but it's only one persons opinion. I have very low standards :wink: I will give them a fair shot when they arrive. Thankfully bought them from Nike so easy returns, even after running in them for 6 months lol

Last edited:
A man who wears those socks while out running, shouldn't be trusted imo lol

That's disappointing to hear but it's only one persons opinion. I have very low standards :wink: I will give them a fair shot when they arrive. Thankfully bought them from Nike so easy returns, even after running in them for 6 months lol

from what i’ve read, seems like there’s a weight increase from the ZF4, but yeah agree that i wouldn’t trust a runner with those socks on lmao

more i think about it, feel like the zoom fly is going to fall under that new category of long run plated shoes like the reebok floatride energy x, bondi x, etc

Yeah that’s probably where they’re going to slot in. I don’t really mind a heavier shoe in all honesty, I don’t plan on using these for tempo work or massively long runs. More intrigued to try them out after being away so long from the ZF line.

I will admit though that I do find them aesthetically pleasing so that’s probably what pulled me in lol

*sigh* I guess Im also just gonna get it when they're available on NDC US. If I don't like it, then I'll return it.

I’m still going to try them. I’ll admit that I’m less excited about them though. If you’re going the Nike route, the Zoom Fly 2 (Flyknit) seems like the best of the ZF series. Better yet, opt for the original VaporFly or VaporFly 2 (Flyknit).

For this category (plated Trainer), I’m most excited about the ESpeed3 and Magic Speed 2 now.

Man, the early feedback on the ZF5 is all over the place... some feel like it's a firm brick, others feel like it's kinda soft? The only consensus seems to be that it's heavy.

The main thing I'm interested about is the feel of the ZOOMX (scraps) carrier with the React carrier. I wonder if it feels like ZOOMX scraps in the AFN Nature edition.

Last edited:
mixed reviews to me just makes me assume those that end up disappointed more than likely had a set expectation on how the shoe should have performed vs how/what they are actually intended for.

my thinking is nike is going with:
VF/AF - race day
Tempo Next/ZF - long runs with occasional spurts of tempo paces
Streakfly/Peg turbo - speed/workout/tempo
Peg/vomero/Invincible/Infinity - daily/easy day

obviously we all have different bodies and mechanics so what works for one might not work for others, but i also think it’s kinda important to try to just go into a shoe with a bit more of an open mind and put them through the different paces to see what they work best with for yourself

sorry, end rant lol

Back
Top Bottom