Nike Zoom Vaporfly Elite 2017

Yeah I really like those black zoom vaporfly 4%. That's the only color I want from what I've seen so far.

I'm hoping to pick up a pair of the Zoom Fly on the 8th. The colorway is nice to me, but I wouldn't mind having that black pair up there too.

I think the Zoom Fly will be readily available. My local running store had a social media post indicating they will be getting them in. I hope the same will be true with the Vaporfly 4%.

That looks to be the 4% despite what other websites are saying. The zoom flys have flywire and have a little more padding in the heel/back.

They look like the 4%, but they were also labeled the Zoom Fly straight from the source (news.nike.com)... And the press release describes the Zoom Fly cushioning (Lunarlon with carbon fiber) instead of the 4% (ZoomX). Weird.

weird, that minimal cushioning in the back really makes them look like the 4%

should be lighter then since it looks pretty stripped down

Thanks for the link. I wonder why they took the flywire off that model and made it looks so much like the 4% lol the shoes already look super similar...

that upper is pretty damn identical to the 4% now that yall say it.

i guess the original unveiling of the zoom flys were V7.0 and V7.1.

i am wondering about the same thing after reading the official press and caught that it says lunarlon. so are these zoomX or just lunarlon?

i love how they look but would pass if they are not the new zoomX. the mid sole on the presser doesn't look as wrinkled as the elite and 4% from the previous presser. 

Last edited:
They are basically a prototype version of the zoom fly that's why they look similar to the 4% but they ARE the zoom fly with Lunarlon NOT zoomX. What I wanna know is when are we going to hear more about this new lunarlon that's supposed to be coming out?

They are basically a prototype version of the zoom fly that's why they look similar to the 4% but they ARE the zoom fly with Lunarlon NOT zoomX. What I wanna know is when are we going to hear more about this new lunarlon that's supposed to be coming out?
thanks! thats what i thought, early prototype using previous gen cushioning. 

ill wait for the zoomX. 

If you type in vaporfly at running warehouse it shows a link to the 4% shoe with ZoomX. A few days ago you were able to click on it and it showed a date of June 22nd for $250.

the VaporFly is suppose to have an upgraded lunarlon, same as the '17s Hyperdunks, curious how that performs as well

I walked into my local running store and they had the Zoom Fly for sale. Unfortunately they were already sold out of my size.

It also looks like there are going to be two colors of the Zoom Fly releasing next week. I wonder if there will be two for the Vaporfly as well.

I'd like to see these in person. Hoping the local running store will get them in...I just feel like they'll recommend a shoe with more cushion though.

I think I read/heard somewhere in passing that Fleet Feet stores have been getting their stock in so if there's one near you, I'd check it out.

I think I read/heard somewhere in passing that Fleet Feet stores have been getting their stock in so if there's one near you, I'd check it out.
Sweet, I'm sure there's one near DC.

same question again; so is zoomX just this "updated" lunarlon on all these descriptions from retailers?

!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
No, the zoomx is a new foam that is on the $250 zoom vaporfly model, the updated lunar is on the $150 zoom fly .

I've heard that the Vaporfly is delayed. Anyone hear this? It also looks like Running Warehouse now lists June 20th as their sale date.

Back
Top Bottom