Nike Zoom Vaporfly Elite 2017

A flyknit version of the zoom fly would be [emoji]128293[/emoji] especially if the knit pattern is similar to the flyknit racer or trainer [emoji]128558[/emoji]

I don't think there's a significant difference in comfort between the Nikelab and the GR version as the midsole units are the same. In fact the mesh on the GR version might be more comfortable than the synthetic one on the Nikelabs.

Can't wait till a flyknit zoom fly surfaces.
The GR version is more pleasant on-foot, the absence of padding and the plasticky upper material on the SPs makes them less comfortable. Soles are exactly the same so no difference there.

Having got the SP's finally I'm happy to say they fit quite small and now I can't wear them. Hoorah!

So ya'll trying to say the Nike lab version is the most comfortable shoe and not the regular retail version right? How about the regular ZF? I didn't think these would be that comfortable, as I was thinking it was more performance tuned. Can you compare it to LE2? I feel like those are the most comfortable I've had to date never tried UB.
I got the regular Blue Fox Zoom Flys and would never wear them unless it's for running. Actually having some stability issues on the one for my right foot after 15 miles, so I'm returning them.

The GR version is more pleasant on-foot, the absence of padding and the plasticky upper material on the SPs makes them less comfortable. Soles are exactly the same so no difference there.

Having got the SP's finally I'm happy to say they fit quite small and now I can't wear them. Hoorah!
They fit small for me during my first wear, but after that, they've been comfortable.

They fit small for me during my first wear, but after that, they've been comfortable.
Whilst I'm optimistic usually there's no way I'd recommend these as being TTS to anyone. Definitely a much smaller fit than the regular Zoom Fly runner which has a fair bit of toebox space. It gives some evidence to how the Vaporfly might fit though, luckily those should be easy enough to try on in-person unlike the SP.

I tried on one of the Vaporfly shoes yesterday. I've been wearing the Zoom Fly and enjoy running in them but the Vaporfly are a bit different in a good way. The cushioning is much softer and they have more of a rocker feel compared to the Zoom Fly.

Definitely looking to grab a pair when they release.

Anybody know what the energy return percent is on the zoom fly? I got mine today, went a half sz up btw and was just wondering what it was.

Yeah it's weird there's still a product page even though they've been sold out since release day. They were the lead photo on the NikeLab home page until today though... Maybe they just kept them there until they rolled out another big release?

11.5 in the SP just popped back up on NDC. Will add to cart...GO, GO, GO !!!

Edit: Sold Out now. Hope someone here got them.

Last edited:
if the info on RW's site is correct, 10 days remaining for the Vaporfly 4% release. really looking forward to this. want to have it in hand for comparison and performance purposes against the ZF's. 

$135 is already $15 below retail

I think if you are somewhat of a serious runner, it's worth a try and most stores have a 30day trial for running shoes so it's pretty a pretty safe bet unless you're buying from a reseller or smaller mom & pops

sp's appear to be taken down from ndc 
frown.gif

Back
Top Bottom