Nike Zoom Vaporfly Elite 2017

Just received mine, I went TTS which is US9.5, I have half a thumb width of space, but feels a little tight on the narrow side and I have narrow feet. Will these stretch a bit? I wasn't wearing thin socks. Otherwise I might have to return them.

Edit: walked around the house in them and the toes was feeling squished together. Returning them.

Attachments

• IMG_1364.JPG
    IMG_1364.JPG
    250.8 KB · Views: 36
Last edited by a moderator:
Just received mine, I went TTS which is US9.5, I have half a thumb width of space, but feels a little tight on the narrow side and I have narrow feet. Will these stretch a bit? I wasn't wearing thin socks. Otherwise I might have to return them.

Edit: walked around the house in them and the toes was feeling squished together. Returning them.
The N in Nike also stands for Narrow. Why I own only a handful of Nikes.
Edit:I have wide mf feet.

Last edited:
The N in Nike also stands for Narrow. Why I own only a handful of Nikes.
Edit:I have wide mf feet.

Nike running shoes since 2013 tend to be wide now. Only brands I can think are wider are Brooks and New Balance.

Asics and Adidas have also got really narrow in the past few years.

they are :lol:

the VF sz9.5, ZF sz10 and SP1 sz10.5 fit about the same, the SP2 sz11 feels like .5 bigger

SP2 sz11 isn't too bad if it's for casual wear though, just gon' need some thick elite bball socks

they are :lol:

the VF sz9.5, ZF sz10 and SP1 sz10.5 fit about the same, the SP2 sz11 feels like .5 bigger

SP2 sz11 isn't too bad if it's for casual wear though, just gon' need some thick elite bball socks
I'm guessing that you, like me, normally wear 10 in Nike? The Oreo SP might be my first ever 10.5.

my range is usually 9.5-10 with wide feet, with those two sizes I could fit most by simply changing socks unless it is insanely narrow

VF sz9.5 -/- ZF sz10 -/- SP1 sz10.5 -/- SP2 sz11
Zooms 1.jpg

So if I wear an 11 in racers, would you recommend sizing up to 11.5 in the White/Black Zoom Fly SP? Or should I stick with 11?

What are the advantages/disadvantages when sizing up? Thanks

PO

So if I wear an 11 in racers, would you recommend sizing up to 11.5 in the White/Black Zoom Fly SP? Or should I stick with 11?

PO
Did you size up on the Racers? I wear 10 in Racers and everything else Nike, but I'm leaning towards 10.5 in the white/black SPs. Advantages? They're more comfortable. Disadvantages? There's more noticeable heel slip, but you can reduce it by lacing them tighter.

PO
I went TTS in racers at US9.5 and they fit perfect, the ZF SP was tight at 9.5 and toes were squished, returned them same day. It's prob best to at least .5 size up in the ZF SP from your TTS.

FYI I have narrow feet.

Did you size up on the Racers? I wear 10 in Racers and everything else Nike, but I'm leaning towards 10.5 in the white/black SPs. Advantages? They're more comfortable. Disadvantages? There's more noticeable heel slip, but you can reduce it by lacing them tighter.

I actually size down for the Trainers/Racers. I'm normally an 11.5 like in the AJ1.

Thanks for your feedback.

PO

First run in the VFs (out of the box) to finish in the top2%.
IMG_8589.JPG

I started the race in the back, so I had some catching up to do. I went a bit too fast after crossing the start. I almost couldn't believe I was running a 6:30ish pace within the first mile. Since it was the first run for the VFs, I didn't want to push too hard for the rest of the race. I felt I needed to hold back.

Last edited:
both size 10.
vf toebox wider and a little longer than flyknit racer.
def. need to try a 9.5 before racing in this pair.

image.jpg

Back
Top Bottom