Nike Zoom Vaporfly Elite 2017

Yeah, that's a steep price. I'm gonna be on a plane when these drop in the US, so I'm considering. Other option is to try to grab them from ProDirect or SportShoes on Oct 1st. If that fails then it's fingers crossed with the in flight wifi. Or pay a tad more and grab them now...

giphy.gif

too late for me now, 10.5 & 11 snatched up

I remember when I had the elites, I bought them in an 11 (they did not come in half size increments) but they fit well. Toe knuckles didnt show against the flyknit, I'm thinking this may be the case for these VF's when they release.

My experience regarding sizing... I was able to try on the Flyknit VF 4% in a size 8.5 at promo event, but I'm a 9.5 in all of the current gen running shoes (Zoom Fly, Epic React, Pegasus 35, Pegasus Turbo).

They were really tight obviously, but tight enough where I think my regular 9.5 will probably be what I go with for both the Flyknit VF 4% and Flyknit ZF. I think a 9 will be too tight for me.

Ordered mine from NDC since none of the stores near me are carrying the ZF... Can't wait to read what those of you who have them in hand already have to say about them.

run in both and see what works for you

really too difficult to tell you to run 26 miles on a shoe you've never tried on

we can tell you ZF but then the plate might make your calf sore because you're not used to it (mine was sore for a good two weeks until i adapted to it)

or we can suggest turbos then it turns out to be too soft and your forefoot starts to hurt

run in both and see what works for you

really too difficult to tell you to run 26 miles on a shoe you've never tried on

we can tell you ZF but then the plate might make your calf sore because you're not used to it (mine was sore for a good two weeks until i adapted to it)

or we can suggest turbos then it turns out to be too soft and your forefoot starts to hurt
I have experienced both of these things. polonike polonike i would try both and see which you like better personally

Thanks guys! I've had recent calf pain so maybe the ZF isnt the best for me. I might buy both and return what I don't like with the Nike 30 day return policy.

Edit : running in Peg 35 at the moment btw

It depends on your running style and economy, also. When I finished my 5k program (relatively new runner, just started this year) I tried out the Epic Reacts and hated them because I was primarily a heel striker. Now, I'm 10 weeks into a half marathon program (after doing a 10k program) and Epics are my go-to long run shoe since I don't heel strike anymore. It all depends.

polonike polonike - I agree with what most people say. It is a bit of a learning curve for the Zoom Flys/Vaporflys. If you haven't ran in any of those, go with the Pegasus Turbos. And yes, the Pegasus Turbos may be too soft over certain mileage. I've ran a 1/2 marathon in the Pegasus 31s before, and they felt great the entire run... but that was 2014, and I ran at about a 10/mi. pace back then. I was striking heavily on the heels, too. I think if the Pegasus 35s have been great for you training wise, it could work out as a great 1/2 marathon shoe as well.

BTW, last year my wife ran her first marathon. She had been used to training in Brooks Ghosts, i.e. super heavy trainers. I convinced her to try some ZF's for the race because they are so much lighter yet that have enough cushion for a long race. She did a few training runs in them before the race and then ran the marathon in them. They worked well for her, she ran a 4:20 and felt good. She continued to train in the brooks ghost after that, dabbled in a few runs in epic react and the ZF. I bought her some VF for her 2nd marathon. She did 2 training runs in them and then wore them for the race and ran 4:08. I've since bought her a 2nd pair and she says she's loving the VF.

If you're used to the ZF, I think they'll give you a better result than the Turbo. You've got a few long runs left before Chicago. I would suggest running one in ZF and another in the Turbo, then base your decision off of that.

Back
Top Bottom