Niketalk, I Can Not In Good Conscience Recommend One Purchase Any Model KIA Motor Vehicle vol not on

I did answer that. I only have been able to recover 1 record. They wanted at least 5.

Why would you not ise the scheduled maintenance? Why would you pay when the dealership doing it for free?

I told you to kick this POS in the river the last time you made a thread about it.

I did answer that. I only have been able to recover 1 record. They wanted at least 5.

That doesn't make sense.
Maybe you need to light a fire under jiffy lube to retrieve your records.

And are you paying only cash? You can get your bank records at the very least. You need to really get on creating a paper trail.

Last edited:
That doesn't make sense.
Maybe you need to light a fire under jiffy lube to retrieve your records.

And are you paying only cash? You can get your bank records at the very least. You need to really get on creating a paper trail.

This no way on todays world that there isnt detailed records of everything he paid for.

OP jiffy lube have you records just give them your plate and vin number they have it in their system just for situtions like this

Unless you specifically declined to be in their system, I don't see how they don't have it. I can call them and without saying anything they know who I am based on phone number.

I haven't had it changed more than 5 times. Yea they look it up via vin or name or phone number. That's how I got the one I did in town

Last edited:
I haven't had it changed more than 5 times. Yea they look it up via vin or name or phone number. That's how I got the one I did in town
How is that possible? Don't you have 40K on that boy already?

Doing it every 5K miles, you should've done it 8 times by now.

Then you answered your own question, didn't you. And dealership oil changes aren't free, or at least the local one here isn't. IDK what everyone else is doing. I'll be ok. Not going to take their "deal" trading me back into a new KIA. If none of these other leads go anywhere, I'll just get something and pay up on it and life goes on, should be approaching even on it in 5yrs or so or close enough to where I can eat whatever difference there is there if I want to trade into something else or just pay it off and get a 2nd. Probably only lose a week more of a sleep over it but no back button in life so whatever.

Last edited:
This is Cam's Saturn for the new era :lol: U gotta find a way to get rid of that thing or let the repo happen and then get something that right away before it hurts your credit.

Still not understanding how you can't get all your service records from JL. You could ONLY get 1? How? They have to turn them over to you....that is if you're being forthright about this situation. You're saying what you're saying, but I still can't help to think that there is more to it....

Still not understanding how you can't get all your service records from JL. You could ONLY get 1? How? They have to turn them over to you....that is if you're being forthright about this situation. You're saying what you're saying, but I still can't help to think that there is more to it....
I think he's saying he  wasn't getting his car serviced regularly so there was only one on file?

Last edited:
mans went 40k miles with only one oil change on record? 
mean.gif
laugh.gif

I think he's saying he  wasn't getting his car serviced regularly so there was only one on file?

If that's the case, what leg does he have to stand on w/ kia? Like, you expect to have a smooth running engine if you've only had one oil change after 40k miles?

Sweatergod if I ever see car stories on here when you finally get a new whip.....

Bottom line is this:  sounds like you didn't follow the warranty procedures, like many people.  Maintenance has to be kept up according to the car's maintenance schedule, and you either do it at the dealership or have a certified third party do the work (and keep the receipts).  Hell, keep the receipts from the dealership, too.  Always keep receipts.  If you really only got 1 oil change in 40k miles, kiss that $9k goodbye.  

This Optima saga may be the most outlandish financial scenario I've ever seen on NT. 
laugh.gif
  So many poor decisions from a grown *** man.  

Well I got every single upgrade plus the mega upcharge (which turned out to be a massive waste since I still only got 30mpg) for getting a Hybrid. MSRP on it was right at 37.5 in 2015. They lowered the price in subsequent years (mine is a 2015) probably to compensate for their ****** reputation which leads to incredible depreciation, far moreso than other brands.

So I;m going to throw lots of numbers out but yea I paid around $38k for it on a 7yr loan. $468 a month or something. I drive a lot so with 40k miles on it already, KBB says it is worth 13.5k. So I still have $28k left (bought it in June 2025), have about 39k miles. A few days ago my engine light schedule service comes on and it starts knocking hard. I dropped it off at the dealership and scheduled an appointment and got a rental. They couldn't get it in for about a week but sure enough, they call me back and tell me it needs a new engine. "Cool, handle that. It's under warranty." Well since I hadn't been getting my maintanence done through them they ask if I have receipts for all the maintenance I have ever had done. Nah not really. Well it's going to be $9,000 plus labor. Called KIA and one of their Escalated Dispute Affairs or whatever people echoed the same.

So that would put me at owing $36k on it, but would tank the value (because of a replaced engine and voided warranty) to about $9k :x and put me ~$46.5k in. So I'm down over 80% in less than 2 yrs and still have to pay on it for 5 and a half. .

The dealership called back acting like they were helping me out making a deal, they just throwing me offers that obviously are carrying over that massive negative equity, so I can pay more per month for 7 more years and get the base version which is like under 20 and be stuck with them for 7 more years.

At this point, I could just let it get repoed and get something new before the repo hits my credit since I'm going to be screwed for the next 7 yrs anyways. Might as well be riding clean. Either 7 years massively overpaying for a Kia or 7 years with bad credit. Then with me working for the Government with a Secret there's the aspect of how that affects my clearance status.

There's some class action suits out there on this exact engine turns out and apparently they do this often with the warranty shirkin. So I'm preliminarily talking to some lawyers, but I am stuck like Chuck for now pushing my mom's Malibu

Did you but that warranty I am sure you were offered when you finance?

0 chance I am going to get back into the same whip. Now he changed the deal to be $4 more a month for 72 (so it'd be paid off 8 months alter than og would) to get me into a new EX minus the hybrid. Preferable even to them fixing the same car if they did it for free really. But I'd still rather have an SUV or big car from another brand so I'll take my negative equity elsewhere.

Gap? Yea I have gap. That's where the kick it in a river, set it on fire, leave it in the hood running with the doors open jokes come from.

But I don't think auto theft is big here. I'd have to go to bigger city and even still it's a hybrid. It doesn't make any noise when it's on and idling so kats wouldn't even know to jump in and drive off. They'd probably just fiddle around looking for some money. I'd look like Jerry Seinfeld trying to get rid of the stinky BMW

Last edited:
They can't void the warranty because you didn't use them to change your oil. (magnussen moss act)

They can void it if you didn't change oil every 5000 miles. 

Like 86% of cars will do 200k miles no problem with just daily driving to keep it lubricated and regular oil changes. Car owners who don't do their oil changes make me sick and are the number 1 reason cars on craigslist are a crapshoot for needing engine overhaul.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom