NikeTalk's Avy Tutorials vol. Yuku -- Tutorials for Ulead & PS CS3 & Flash (No 56k)

Originally Posted by DC5 06

nerd.gif

EDIT: Damn, guess I have to wait...
2vt5hr7.gif

Who's the chick? She's cute.

Originally Posted by DC5 06

Hyori
smile.gif

It's not showing up for me...did you get it from my profile?

Thanks again for this tutorial
pimp.gif
Oh that's who she is. She looked familiar but I couldn't put my finger on it. Thanks.

And no problem on the tutorial. It took a while to make but it was nothing. I was bored one day
laugh.gif
and thought I'd make one to help out people.

this tutorial was the bomb just made my first one

bed1654251d9122bc03e3fa404ce9a83b8598e5f_t.gif

for some reason my avy didnt change though

To Make it Widescreen

288cznm.png

- So you have your video uploaded and every other frame is deleted. You're here.

3178a4y.png

- Resize your avy. Go to Edit > Resize Image.
- Where I labeled "1", make sure it's checked.
- Where I labeled "2", change it to 100. You'll noticed where I labeled "3" that the number changed there too. Now you should have yourwidth 100 and your height 75. I like to make it a little more "wider" so I change the height to 70 and sometimes depending on how I feel, down to 65or even to 60. It's really up to you. For this example, I'm going to make it 65.

34evj1l.png

- Now go to Edit > Canvas Size. This window should pop up.
- Where labeled "1" make sure it's unchecked.
- Where I labeled "2" make sure it's set to 100.
- Where I labeled "3" make sure you set that to 100 as well.
- Where I labeled "4", that option is for what direction you want to "extend" the canvas to. I usually select the middle one where Ilabeled the "4".
- Hit ok.

2ebsk03.png

- Your avy should look like this. You get a checkered pattern indicating that that part of the canvas is "empty".

5vb2i0.png

- Now remember when I explained how I put my borders? I use Microsoft Paint. Open up Microsoft Paint and fill the canvas all black.
- Click on where I labeled "1" and take a sample of the black like I did where I labeled "2". Copy by pressing CTRL+C.
- Move over to Ulead and paste by pressing CTRL+V.
- Double click what you pasted. The Object Properties box should open. Click on the Position and Size tab. Adjust the width and height to cover the"empty" parts of the canvas for the top of the avy. Paste another sample of the black from Paint, open up the Object Properties box, click on thePosition and Size tab, and adjust the height and width again to cover the "empty" parts of the bottom of the avy.
- Now hold CTRL while clicking on the top and bottom "widescreen parts" to select both, press CTRL+C, highlight all the frames on the bottom ofUlead, and press CTRL+V to paste it in all of the other frames.

Here's the finished product.

3038jg5.gif

(rw, I know you know how to use Ulead but I thought for the sake of this thread and it being a "tutorial"thread that I try to break it down to a point where a beginner won't have any problems)

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

I know how to make one now
pimp.gif

No more Pm'ing
laugh.gif

edit: How long does it take to upload? cause it keeps on redirecting me but without uploading the avy

Originally Posted by JPTHE3

edit: How long does it take to upload? cause it keeps on redirecting me but without uploading the avy
What do you mean "redirecting me but without uploading the avy?" Try to take screen shots of what happens.

Originally Posted by Paul Is On Tilt

Originally Posted by JPTHE3

What do you mean "redirecting me but without uploading the avy?" Try to take screen shots of what happens.
Ok hold up

I'm still waiting for that PS CS3 Tutorial hater
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

And I would work on a new avy similar to your Banks "Touch It" avy but my current one really conveys how I feel.

cs3 tutorial for what???

i mean there is no 1 definitive way to make a tutorial since its taking soooo many elements and things ive learned over 2-3 years

The basics. I guess I'll have to learn the other stuff as I work with it more and more.

And weren't you going to do a tutorial where you record what you do in PS? I know I probably said this to you already but I guess I forgot what you toldme.

sorry
frown.gif

i mean i might be able to make a tutorial for specific things
but theres no way i would do one for a specific avy, like the banks or the current nas...

Hey, it's cool man. Don't worry about it. When I have time to sit down and I'm in the mood, I think I'll try to learn it.

By the way, how long does it take you to make an avy? Like the Nas - Hero avy or the Banks - Touch It avy?

nas hero...i dont remember real well but i would say 2 hours min...alot of trial and error...

the banks...that one was under 2 i would guess, and i made it red like 5 days later that took about an hour...

also take note that i switch between PS and NT
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by One Love

nas hero...i dont remember real well but i would say 2 hours min...alot of trial and error...

the banks...that one was under 2 i would guess, and i made it red like 5 days later that took about an hour...
Thanks man. It'll just give me an idea of how much work/time I have to put into an avy.

Originally Posted by One Love

also take note that i switch between PS and NT
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom