• Both!

Votes: 4 14.3%
  • None!

Votes: 8 28.6%
  • O.0

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
3DS XL is well worth it. Bigger screen, matte finish and doesn't smudge as easily. Much longer battery life.

3DS XL is well worth it. Bigger screen, matte finish and doesn't smudge as easily. Much longer battery life.

It's good that you bring this up.

Wondering if I should get the Pokemon edition 3d XL or the matte black.

The pokemon one has a glossy finish.

Decisions, decisions.

I like Y for MewTwo but I like X for Charizard. Might have to end up getting both, have my little brother play one and trade what I need to X.

I'm really interested in the streetpass function of the game, it's supposed to trade pokemon for you, but I don't wanna end up trading a legendary for a rattata.

Last edited:
Decisions, decisions.

I like Y for MewTwo but I like X for Charizard. Might have to end up getting both, have my little brother play one and trade what I need to X.

I'm really interested in the streetpass function of the game, it's supposed to trade pokemon for you, but I don't wanna end up trading a legendary for a rattata.
You can use one of the apps to create the pokemon you want. If you plan on playing in tournaments I would just get both.

couple questions for anyone willing to answer.
contemplating getting a ds for pokemon x.
do you feel the ds would be worth getting for pokemon alone?
which would be better, a refurb 3ds or new 2ds for the same price?
can i buy pokemon x from this eShop that Nintendo has on launch day?
:nerd:

couple questions for anyone willing to answer.
contemplating getting a ds for pokemon x.
do you feel the ds would be worth getting for pokemon alone?
which would be better, a refurb 3ds or new 2ds for the same price?
can i buy pokemon x from this eShop that Nintendo has on launch day?
nerd.gif
Buying the 3dsXL just for pokemon would be worth it!! I purchase my ds just for pokemon black a few years a go. You will thank me later for the bigger screen trust!

I would get a 3ds nor a 2ds( feel like its a waste of money)

Yes u can purcase pokemon x from the eshop that how i will be playing.

ehh $200 for a handheld is pushing it #teampoor.
plus aren't all the screens the same resolution?
I don't think I'd mind the smaller screens too much.
will need to look into this more when I get back.

Pokemon Black :x. Didnt eem finish it or get anywhere close. Is there a full Mega list out yet?

Oh wow Sonic is back in Smash? Oh boy.

Last edited:

you might wanna get that 2DS then. Its only $135 and comes out the same day as Pokemon X and Y

Never trust refurbs. And the resolution for the 3ds XL isnt that noticeable on newer games.

was thinking about getting a 2ds but i read that they might have games in the future that work on both the wiiu and ds so i might splurge on a 3ds

you might wanna get that 2DS then. Its only $135 and comes out the same day as Pokemon X and Y

might just end up with that because I want the game asap & the 3ds aqua/purple colors suck imo.
however the refurb would be 10 dollars cheaper after shippinh

Never trust refurbs. And the resolution for the 3ds XL isnt that noticeable on newer games.

even if the refurb is from nintendo w/ 1yr warranty?

was thinking about getting a 2ds but i read that they might have games in the future that work on both the wiiu and ds so i might splurge on a 3ds
the 2ds is a 3ds but without that 3d feature it works just as good and plays ALL 3ds games
sorta like the entry level 3ds and probably a way to get eveybody on the current 2/3ds platform instead of these ds/dsi/dslight people. easy way to get people to upgrade AND sell more systems. im a get my kids a 2ds during black friday and get me a 3ds xl

the 2ds is a 3ds but without that 3d feature it works just as good and plays ALL 3ds games
sorta like the entry level 3ds and probably a way to get eveybody on the current 2/3ds platform instead of these ds/dsi/dslight people. easy way to get people to upgrade AND sell more systems. im a get my kids a 2ds during black friday and get me a 3ds xl
yeah but is the 3d THAT amazing? if im going to splurge and get a 3ds ill probably just get a XL anyways

I think I have those eyes that can't see 3-D or something cause every time I turn mine on it just gets blurry and hurts my eyes

After owning the OG 3DS since launch day, when I got the XL I never turned back. The XL is much more comfortable to hold and the games look better. Battery life is much better also.

The 3D looks great on some games, unnecessary on others. That's just me. Also noticed that you kinda have to look at it from a certain angle to completely see the 3d. I just keep it off personally.

might just end up with that because I want the game asap & the 3ds aqua/purple colors suck imo.
however the refurb would be 10 dollars cheaper after shippinh
even if the refurb is from nintendo w/ 1yr warranty?

Oh...thought you were talking about gamestop :lol:

Go for it then.

Last edited:
**** it I'm getting the Black 3DS XL and a case tomorrow. I won't buy a game till X comes out.

Only reason Im going for X is because of Mega Charizard X

But the better legendary pokemon is def Yveltal

**** it I'm getting the Black 3DS XL and a case tomorrow. I won't buy a game till X comes out.

Only reason Im going for X is because of Mega Charizard X

But the better legendary pokemon is def Yveltal
think ill be copping a 3DS xl some time soon too so let me know how it goes

seems like this X Y thing has to do with chromosomes and mege evolutions, would that mean that charizard X is a girl and Y is a guy?

^ Lol idk but this is the first time Charizard is considered a Dragon type. Bout time!

one last question, is it worth it to drop 20-50 bucks for a warranty on the DS? Kind of against it but idk if these things are durable or fragile?

Last edited:
personally i wouldnt do it, nintendo products are pretty durable and if you're not careless then theres no reason to get it

Back
Top Bottom