• Both!

Votes: 4 14.3%
  • None!

Votes: 8 28.6%
  • O.0

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I have the Wii U and I really like it but only for the price I got it at which was $125 with 2 controllers and games included 
nthat.gif

Yea,looks like u got fair market value for the WiiU. I was gon get one for my daughter but could never find one sub-$250.

Last edited:
I hope Nintendo fixes it's online

I wouldn't even mind paying a fee like PSN

The way it is now is garbage even tho it's free

Even the super Mario world edition 3ds is sold out..I might get the 3ds to play

super Mario world
Street fighters
Punch out

Anyone from NYC and with a my nintendo account, check your email, Nintendo is sending out invites to try the switch out the day of the press event. I haven't gotten mine yet but apparently it's NYC only for now.
It's part of a tour that nintendo is doing and there are other cities being toured to afterwards

Mario Kart 64 was released 20 years ago today in Japan. It would be released two months later in North America. 

Question for you Nintendo experts

I was really into Nintendo as a kid (NES, SNES, N64) then I moved on to XBox, 360

Now with the Switch and being older with kids of my own, I really want to get back into Nintendo.

If I buy Switch, is there a way I will still be able to play all the games I missed out on, like Mario, Zelda etc that came out on Wii, Wii U and Gamecube? Will these be made available on the Switch ? I'm not too familiar with their online platform (ie Xbox Live) and whether old games (that are fairly recent) are available .

Thanks

Mario Kart 64 was released 20 years ago today in Japan. It would be released two months later in North America. 

'96-'97 feels like yesterday. Still have my Nintendo 64 I got on RD and I Mario Kart 64 I believed I got on RD too but swore it came out about a month after the 64. Still all 4 controllers. May round up some friends and play today but it's always one or two arguments away from someone saying "see me in goldeneye" and everyone wanting to play that instead :lol:

Question for you Nintendo experts

I was really into Nintendo as a kid (NES, SNES, N64) then I moved on to XBox, 360

Now with the Switch and being older with kids of my own, I really want to get back into Nintendo.

If I buy Switch, is there a way I will still be able to play all the games I missed out on, like Mario, Zelda etc that came out on Wii, Wii U and Gamecube? Will these be made available on the Switch ? I'm not too familiar with their online platform (ie Xbox Live) and whether old games (that are fairly recent) are available .

Thanks

To answer your question, yes and no. Many of the games are available on Nintendo's virtual console platform where they release their older games for you to play in the newer systems. We'll have to see what's available on the Switch's virtual console

To answer your question, yes and no. Many of the games are available on Nintendo's virtual console platform where they release their older games for you to play in the newer systems. We'll have to see what's available on the Switch's virtual console

Thanks. So when Wii U came out, the Wii games were not immediately available in the virtual console? Is Virtual Console more of a "retro" games only kind of thing, or are modern games still available from the previous system?

Thanks again

Thanks. So when Wii U came out, the Wii games were not immediately available in the virtual console? Is Virtual Console more of a "retro" games only kind of thing, or are modern games still available from the previous system?

Thanks again

The Wii U had something called the "Wii Menu" which essentially allowed you to play Wii games on the Wii U. Games from consoles before the Wii, like the GameCube, N64, Super NES and NES were available through virtual console but it was the most popular games from that era and not everyone. Your usuals like Super Mario Bros, Donkey King Country, Super Metroid and such were available. GameCube games didn't get too many ports though, only one I can think of off the top of my head is Legend of Zelda: Windwaker, which got an HD treatment.

Awesome thanks for the info, so it sounds like I should wait for the Switch rather than buy the Wii U now just for the really good Wii U games

Ugh.. I really need a damn NES classic for an Xmas gift lol..

Any shops doing a restock like TRU did a week or 2 ago?

Thanks ya'll

Yeah, I'll go take a look after work but not hoping for anything.

Thanks for the help though guys.. hopefully I can come up on one before Christmas

Back
Top Bottom