• None!

Votes: 8 28.6%
  • O.0

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
The return of the legend. I'm out of retirement fellas uh-oh :nthat:

Review time!

I've been playing smash for the wii U for about 2 hours and it's.....pretty much what you're used to just polished up with an HD bow on top

Pros: everyone feels new but familiar. Lots of sped up frames with normal attacks. 3DS players I'm sure have already noticed this but the controls to no surprise are much tighter on the wii U. Characters like pit and meta knight who were frustratingly cheesy in brawl have become fair contenders. New comers easily fit in and look great on the big screen. In celebration of Alpha/Omega dropping today as well (and me not getting any sleep because I'll be playing that as well) I played with greninja for a while and he was awesome. Lil Mac is lots of fun, so is bowser jr. Wii fit trainer has a swag about her (I play the female trainer) I'm interested in how in depth I can get with her. Haven't played with the other new characters yet but I will later in the morning. 8 player smash has to be the most fun I've ever had playing smash bros. It was just me, my brother and 6 cpu's. I can't imagine how it would be playing with 6 others. New weapons are great. Lots of great new stages as well. Kalos Pokemon league and Mario Kart 8 Mario Circuit are stand outs

Cons: sakurai was really lazy with the presentation for this game. Don't get me wrong the menus and colors pop vividly in this game and look AMAZING on my 55in but it doesn't feel as large on a scale as brawl. Even in the intro of the game feels blah. It even goes with the music. Some of the selection of songs they chose for stages wasn't that great compared to smash of old. Lots of donkey kong and Zelda classics though. Speaking of stages the stage selection is a tad bit underwhelming. Only one Pokemon level. Not enough old stages and the ones they chose are predictable. Onett, hyrule temple the melee classics and some returned from brawl. The new stages however are something to behold. Can say enough about kalos Pokemon league level from x and y. Very innovative stage.

Overall: No surprise, it's the best smash bros yet. Better than brawl and way better than everyone's beloved melee. If you've been looking forward to this game you won't be disappointed.

Last edited:
Review time!

I've been playing smash for the wii U for about 2 hours and it's.....pretty much what you're used to just polished up with an HD bow on top

Pros: everyone feels new but familiar. Lots of sped up frames with normal attacks. 3DS players I'm sure have already noticed this but the controls to no surprise are much tighter on the wii U. Characters like pit and meta knight who were frustratingly cheesy in brawl have become fair contenders. New comers easily fit in and look great on the big screen. In celebration of Alpha/Omega dropping today as well (and me not getting any sleep because I'll be playing that as well) I played with greninja for a while and he was awesome. Lil Mac is lots of fun, so is bowser jr. Wii fit trainer has a swag about her (I play the female trainer) I'm interested in how in depth I can get with her. Haven't played with the other new characters yet but I will later in the morning. 8 player smash has to be the most fun I've ever had playing smash bros. It was just me, my brother and 6 cpu's. I can't imagine how it would be playing with 6 others. New weapons are great. Lots of great new stages as well. Kalos Pokemon league and Mario Kart 8 Mario Circuit are stand outs

Cons: sakurai was really lazy with the presentation for this game. Don't get me wrong the menus and colors pop vividly in this game and look AMAZING on my 55in but it doesn't feel as large on a scale as brawl. Even in the intro of the game feels blah. It even goes with the music. Some of the selection of songs they chose for stages wasn't that great compared to smash of old. Lots of donkey kong and Zelda classics though. Speaking of stages the stage selection is a tad bit underwhelming. Only one Pokemon level. Not enough old stages and the ones they chose are predictable. Onett, hyrule temple the melee classics and some returned from brawl. The new stages however are something to behold. Can say enough about kalos Pokemon league level from x and y. Very innovative stage.

Overall: No surprise, it's the best smash bros yet. Better than brawl and way better than everyone's beloved melee. If you've been looking forward to this game you won't be disappointed.
Bruh there's HELLLLLLLLLLA music to unlock that stage music ain't all
And a BUNCH of stages still to unlock

Better practice

AYE DONT FORGET TOYS R US TOMORROW AND SATURDAY
ANY 3 amiibo for $30
Also try and swoop up game cube adapters they gonna be hard to come by

Will do! I'm thinking about getting amiibo just for collectible purposes and not really using them.

And I have no idea why these GameCube adapters became a hyperstrike out of nowhere. :smh:

One more gripe... Default controls are stupid. It's a really minuscule thing to complain about and really easy to change and have custom controls set under your profile but they have triggers set to grab an shoulders set for shield/dodge when it should be vice versa. Easily threw me off my first couple of matches because I was never one to set controls for smash, but I had to on this one

One more gripe... Default controls are stupid. It's a really minuscule thing to complain about and really easy to change and have custom controls set under your profile but they have triggers set to grab an shoulders set for shield/dodge when it should be vice versa. Easily threw me off my first couple of matches because I was never one to set controls for smash, but I had to on this one

Yea that threw me & my friends off last night too. Might change it as well. Shockingly using that big Wii U tablet controller for this game wasnt TOO bad. Ill stick to the gamecube controllers tho when stuff gets real lol. Also I see the ol Melee vs Brawl ccomparison again...Melee is overrated af. Certain things in that game pissed me off especially the super nerfing of my boy Kirby :smh: The OG is better than Melee...

Yea that threw me & my friends off last night too. Might change it as well. Shockingly using that big Wii U tablet controller for this game wasnt TOO bad. Ill stick to the gamecube controllers tho when stuff gets real lol. Also I see the ol Melee vs Brawl ccomparison again...Melee is overrated af. Certain things in that game pissed me off especially the super nerfing of my boy Kirby :smh: The OG is better than Melee...

Thank you! I don't get where melee got this cult following from. Brawl hands down was better.

But this smash wii u >>>>>

I honestly think ppl only like melee cuz of the wavedashing. The gravity physics in that game were HORRIBLE. Ppl would fall TOO fast and a running hit shouldnt be as strong as a smash attack either. Other than that its a cool game too but its overrated. I feel like in this Wii U one everyone feels more balanced. I hope they add more characters tho, you cant be showing Shadow in the opening scene of the game and not have him as a playable character SMH lmao

Back
Top Bottom