• Warriors in 6

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Warriors in 7

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Golden state hasn't done ANYTHING this Playoffs, they didn't play ANYONE.

Pelicans?

A tony Allen Hurt Grizzlies?

The weak Rockets?

Yea right.

The west became WEAK when the spurs got put out in the 1st rnd

How weak were the Spurs if they got put out in the first round tho?

By the Clippers no less.

Typical fugazi Spurs "attempt" at a repeat. Win vs an injured OKC, beat an exhausted 4 Straight Finals Heat, then bounced in round 1 the following year by the Clippers. :smh:
HAHA! You do realize this Spurs is one of the greatest franchises the NBA has ever seen. I would always have them going deep in the playoffs as long as Timmy and Pop are there.

Great franchises repeat.
16 straight years in the playoffs and 5 rings. Great franchise.

Solid franchise.

Greatness repeats.
How many NBA franchises have five rings again? Great franchise.

Celtics, Lakers, and Bulls ALL won 5 titles inside a single decade, all repeated. All, have more than 5.

Those are great franchises.

Spurs are a solid franchise. Like the Pistons.

Except......the Pistons repeated, so.....

How can you still say with a straight face that the warriors are overhyped? I really have to scratch my head on this one, best record in the league, finals appearance, league mvp but we still search for reasons to dismiss them as lackluster or inferior to the cavs because they are big bad wolves of the east with lebron as the messiah?

i am a knick fan btw, and not trying to bandwagon. Just trying to point a few things out.

Sound like the Mavs from 07 to me.

GS is a good team, but they are no means a juggernaut that is going to beat cle senseless. i wouldn't be surprised if they choked away the series to the cavs

Last edited:
How can you still say with a straight face that the warriors are overhyped? I really have to scratch my head on this one, best record in the league, finals appearance, league mvp but we still search for reasons to dismiss them as lackluster or inferior to the cavs because they are big bad wolves of the east with lebron as the messiah?

i am a knick fan btw, and not trying to bandwagon. Just trying to point a few things out.
Warriors are a great team no doubt, but I think it's the fact that people are saying it both ways that one team is so much better than the other. Both teams are beatable, period. I still don't see a clear advantage in this series. My complaint is people acting like the Warriors are the next Jordan Bulls when they haven't even won a ring. Yes they had a good run this year, now if they finish it off with a ring I'll give them all the credit they deserve. But to walk in and say oh it's a lock, not even a question when they've never even seen the finals is just gross over confidence to me.

Golden state hasn't done ANYTHING this Playoffs, they didn't play ANYONE.

Pelicans?

A tony Allen Hurt Grizzlies?

The weak Rockets?

Yea right.

The west became WEAK when the spurs got put out in the 1st rnd

How weak were the Spurs if they got put out in the first round tho?

By the Clippers no less.

Typical fugazi Spurs "attempt" at a repeat. Win vs an injured OKC, beat an exhausted 4 Straight Finals Heat, then bounced in round 1 the following year by the Clippers.
mean.gif
HAHA! You do realize this Spurs is one of the greatest franchises the NBA has ever seen. I would always have them going deep in the playoffs as long as Timmy and Pop are there.

Great franchises repeat.
16 straight years in the playoffs and 5 rings. Great franchise.

Solid franchise.

Greatness repeats.
How many NBA franchises have five rings again? Great franchise.
Celtics, Lakers, and Bulls ALL won 5 titles inside a single decade, all repeated. All, have more than 5.

Those are great franchises.

Spurs are a solid franchise. Like the Pistons.

Except......the Pistons repeated, so.....
You are correct three other teams have won five rings. Three. Spurs are a great franchise no matter how you spin it. 16 years of straight playoffs in what people call the most dominant conference in sports history (whatever) and five championships. I'm going to have to go with great franchise here.

I'm glad I'm not the one to bring up the injuries to the Grizz. Who is that hating on the Warriors? Stop hating!
I would like to see that series with a healthy Grizz team.
I still think GSW pulls it out, but it's not a route. The only problem is Grizz have really bad offense. Whereas the Cavs don't. That's why I don't get why people think the finals is going to be some blowout boat race for the Warriors.

Warriors are a great team no doubt, but I think it's the fact that people are saying it both ways that one team is so much better than the other. Both teams are beatable, period. I still don't see a clear advantage in this series. My complaint is people acting like the Warriors are the next Jordan Bulls when they haven't even won a ring. Yes they had a good run this year, now if they finish it off with a ring I'll give them all the credit they deserve. But to walk in and say oh it's a lock, not even a question when they've never even seen the finals is just gross over confidence to me.

I completely agree, I have been one to try to dismiss the warriors run as luck and soon to come to an end but they found a way whether its injuries to propel them or Steph Curry being a bad man ( Mark Jackson voice). I can't continue to doubt them however even without a chip yet. I honestly hope it goes 7, but I have the warriors in 6

Good article... but basically what i got from this is...

Lebron will have to come out of this historical shooting slump or completely dominate the post
Kyrie has t be able to guard someone on the court
Cle must dominate the glass to to win.

My only fear in this series is the refs whistles... we ALL witnessed the 2007 finals and how things went down... id Draymond is targeted in this series the W's now have a problem

No way anyone in here can say that the Clippers were supposed to beat the Spurs. NO WAY.
This is ******ed and revisionist history at its finest.

Because the clips lost to the rockets in the fashion that they did, they had no business beating the spurs is just NT being...NT

Clips and spurs were the hottest teams in theleague coming into the playoffs. Clips were tied for the 2nd best record in the west. Spurs were a half game behind. You factor in how good the clipper were down the stretch, AND they had homecourt? It was very likely that the spurs were going to lose...at least a 50% chance that they were. The teams were pretty equal by all metrics. 

But that doesn't play up to the clips narrative so they have to say they had no business beating the spurs. Typical.

I had the Clippers beating the Spurs so I wont say that the had no business winning, but the Warriors route out of the West has been vastly overhyped.

VASTLY over hyped. They haven't done, or beat anyone worthy at all.

If GS would have beat the spurs then I would give them more of a chance in the finals. but these lil boys are going to walk into the finals shook, and maybe hand Lebron this ring. I wont even be surprised at all. Reminds me of the time, everyone thought that the Thunder was some juggernut, and got creamed 4-1. But the difference is The thunder looked scary. They beat the Mavs, They beat The lakers, they beat the spurs, I can see why people would think they would beat the Heat. But obviously the bright lights were too bright for them. Add the fact that Bron wasnt being denied that time, and look what happen.

:lol:

Tears will be shed.

I would like to see that series with a healthy Grizz team.

The Warriors would've crushed the Grizz either way. Healthy or not.

Just trying to get my C Chester McFloppy on :smokin

Next two weeks NT's logic when the Dubs win: Cavs weren't all that good. Lebron had no help!

Ya'll switch the narrative too much.

According to a lot of yall we weren't even supposed to be here even with a "overrated" west.

Like I said before can't wait until ya'll come up with other excuses for Lebron

Next two weeks NT's logic when the Dubs win: Cavs weren't all that good. Lebron had no help!

According to a lot of yall we weren't even supposed to be here even with a "overrated" west.

Like who? Almost everyone knowledgable in here pretty much knew the warriors would make it to the finals. They were far and away the best team in the conference and are far and away the better team in this finals matchup.

It really shouldn't be that close.

However, that's why they play the games and the Cavs can do some things that could make this series interesting. (I hope)

No need for excuses Warriors win they deserve it.

I just personally think too much has been made of the teams they went thru to get here is all.

Warriors are a great team no debating that.

Last edited:
I got the Warriors winning the series.

There are a few unknowns on the Cavs side that's keeping me from picking them right now.

1) Kyrie's health
2) will their role players step up
3) Blatt

No need for excuses Warriors win they deserve it.

I just personally think too much has been made of the teams they went thru to get here is all.

Warriors are a great team no debating that.

Like who? Almost everyone knowledgable in here pretty much knew the warriors would make it to the finals. They were far and away the best team in the conference and are far and away the better team in this finals matchup.

It really shouldn't be that close.

However, that's why they play the games and the Cavs can do some things that could make this series interesting. (I hope)

Agreed some what but don't tell me that the Dubs went through a weak west when the Cavs went through a depleted eastern conference.

Man getting to the finals is hard, period. No matter who you beat getting to the finals is tough. I mean if the Hawks were such a great team and they were the best against the west, then they should be in the finals because Cavs didn't have Kyrie for almost the entire series and he seems to be the lynch pin in most everyone's argument on here of them even having a remote chance of winning a game against the Warriors.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom