No United airlines thread ? VOL....Delta won

One thing I do love about this case is how the truth came to light.

All the lies to try to cover up the truth, people trying to "bend" the law to get their way, the victim shaming & blaming, etc. Now, hopefully, Dao gets that Hollywood ending. But can you imagine if this was 1995,when there wouldn't be all this video evidence to help Dao out? Makes me sick again thinking about all the people who got screwed over in the past.

i think it comes down to policy and their insistence on employees sticking strictly to that protocol

if employees had power to make decisions in "flex" situations like that maybe theyd handle these situations better

but no higher up wants to think about employees giving away money that can be used for a new yacht or car or house

imo if they wanted to place employees AFTER the fact everyone is ALREADY seated, then the plane is booked. Why not prepare the seating even before the customers board on the plane?

They should've put the customers first and found a different way for the employees to get to their destination.

I mean you work for an airline...lol...

but then again i can see the shadyness on the airlines side

Famb, its short & simple, the United employees wanted to get one over on the paying customers. Was thinking about doing a solid for people in their line of work instead of providing service to the people who's helping pay their pay check. They did everything in their power to have things their way. Disgusting.

Last edited:
imo if they wanted to place employees AFTER the fact everyone is ALREADY seated, then the plane is booked. Why not prepare the seating even before the customers board on the plane?

They should've put the customers first and found a different way for the employees to get to their destination.

i think this is how it usually works

well, anyways...

idk if this has been posted but...

Move over, United ... American Airlines has its own mess to deal with after a 75-year-old pastor claims AA blocked him from a flight just because he's Korean.
Benny Shin filed a lawsuit Thursday barely 2 hours after Dr. David Dao's lawyers' news conference to announce an imminent suit against United.
Shin says back in June 2016 he was waiting to board a flight from Dallas to Corpus Christi when the gate agent told him he couldn't. In the docs, he says "5-7 white passengers behind him" were all allowed on board. Benny says he paid for his flight and had a seat assignment, but still no dice.
He admits American gave him a voucher for a flight the next day, but says the experience humiliated, embarrassed and scared him -- so he's suing for at least $6 million.
We've reached out to AA ... so far no word back, but it sure seems like a passenger uprising is beginning.

http://www.tmz.com/page/2/

interesting case.... been watching it since it happen

Honestly the excessive force was too much....

but its a federal crime to not listen to a flight crew.... you just cant not get up if they ask you..... if you look at the ticket conditions when you purchase flights you will see that they can remove you for any reason.... whether its wrong or not is a next thing....

they will settle cause the pr is looking horrible

other than that dao should of gotten up and united/ police should of did a better job all around

This....is....gold

In this situation when the 3rd party employees came to the gate people had already boarded the plane

interesting case.... been watching it since it happen

Honestly the excessive force was too much....

but its a federal crime to not listen to a flight crew.... you just cant not get up if they ask you..... if you look at the ticket conditions when you purchase flights you will see that they can remove you for any reason.... whether its wrong or not is a next thing....

they will settle cause the pr is looking horrible

other than that dao should of gotten up and united/ police should of did a better job all around

Link to anything you said? Because I did a lot of research on this and have not read a single source that claim anything similar to what you said, especially relating to this case.

I was reading the actual contract of carriage and looked up their refusal of transport conditions this morning

United Airlines defense will probably be they had the right to refuse transport because the patient was being uncooperative. It's kind of a lame defense because patient was being uncooperative only because they were wrong to ask him to leave. It's like claiming self defense cuz someone was tryna hit you but the guy is only tryna hit you cuz you hit him first.

No where in the refusal of transport conditions does it say they had the right to kick him out because they needed room for their employees.

They have the right to deny boarding if they need seats for their employees but that's a completely different thing. Dude was already seated.

In the future, I think the airlines will amend their refusal of transport conditions.

This is not going to court. They will settle this with money so big that it's going to make every passenger before Dao regret that they let themselves reboard peacefully

Last edited:
Dao with:

Broken nose, sinus injury, lost 2 front teeth, concussion, reconstructive surgery

Per Daos lawyer in press conference

Dao with:
Broken nose, sinus injury, lost 2 front teeth, concussion, reconstructive surgery

Yeah but didnt his thrashing around cause those injuries? I mean no one hit him that I know of.
I dunno bruhs, I do feel bad for him on some level but he did act like a baby and who knows if he didnt premeditate the whole thing knowing he was gonna sue.

To say premeditated would imply he orchestrated everything and injured himself on purpose. All he said was that if they were going to make him leave, he was going to sue.

Last edited:
Dao with:

Yeah but didnt his thrashing around cause those injuries? I mean no one hit him that I know of.
I dunno bruhs, I do feel bad for him on some level but he did act like a baby and who knows if he didnt premeditate the whole thing knowing he was gonna sue.

Yea I'm sure he bought his plane ticket with the thought of United overbooking the flight and then getting randomly selected while already in his seat to deplane and have aviation police throw him face-first into an armrest.

Do you guys read what you type?

Last edited:
Dao with:

they slammed him face into the arm rest.

Plus when you're 69 years old... I am sure he has a wide range of medical issues. Being lifted out of his seat, and slammed head first like that, yeah I am sure whatever medical issue he has was aggravated by the assault.

Still waiting on the punk cop names that did this to a grandpa. Whomever they are, I hope the media puts them on blast.

Yea I'm sure he bought his plane ticket with the thought of United overbooking the flight and then getting randomly selected while already in his seat to deplane and have aviation police throw him face-first into an armrest.

Do you guys read what you type?

Lol facts

:lol: son got his joint rocked! Damn, they can remove you by force?! I neva' knew that. Wow.

Overbooking should be the front desk check ins fault. Why do paying customers have to suffer the consequences?

Back
Top Bottom